Author Topic: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 70626 times)

Offline paco149

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • p
Re: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #390 on: January 23, 2021, 06:59:33 AM »
Is there any way I can play with a 1360x768 monitor?

Offline TheBawkHawk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
« Reply #391 on: January 23, 2021, 01:33:59 PM »
Unsure if this has already been reported, but it's an interesting one. In my most recent game, an NPR I discovered and established communications with was named the Tokyo Khanate, with a human race picture and a Soviet flag. I had Human NPRs turned off, and I checked in the DB and they are indeed a separate race known as Tokyo. I wanted them to be a little more alien sounding so I changed their name to Tokarian Khanate (or something along those lines), and changed the picture and flag using the spacemaster buttons on the intelligence window.

I loaded the save again today and started receiving unintelligible communications from them for about a month in game, until they translated my language again, and the Tokarian Khanate declared that they were the Tokyo Khanate. The race flag and picture stayed the same, but it treated the renamed NPR as an unknown race until communications were reestablished with the original name.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #392 on: January 23, 2021, 07:33:39 PM »

The ancient constructs tab is always empty despite there being active constructs in the empire (with a colony >10m pop). Bonuses seem to be working so its just the UI.
To reproduce just have any empire that has an ancient construct under its control.

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #393 on: January 23, 2021, 09:41:26 PM »
I found what I assume is an NPR, except the NPR has literally zero building on its homeworld. It has 1070 million people on the planet, but no buildings. I used an Elint ship in orbit to find that they had 1070 million population but no facilities, and then invaded the population, and they had no ground units, so I used SM to spawn in a giant (7 million PWL infantry) formation to force the population to surrender despite the 100x strength needed to surrender bug. At which point, I confirmed that there was literally zero facilities on the planet, not even conventional factories.

Possibly relevant information:
I had a elint/diplomatic ship in orbit for a while, but eventually left only an Elint ship in orbit.
I never received any messages from them despite having ships in orbit of their homeworld. Turning on the Transponders on my ships did not do anything.
I started the game with 2 billion population on my capital instead of 500 million
There was a precursor ground army on the 4th planet of the system the NPR was in. The precursor army did have STO weapons, but I destroyed them.

Database file is attached, the aliens are in the system of Seabring, on the second planet.

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #394 on: January 23, 2021, 09:53:44 PM »
I found what I assume is an NPR, except the NPR has literally zero building on its homeworld. It has 1070 million people on the planet, but no buildings. I used an Elint ship in orbit to find that they had 1070 million population but no facilities, and then invaded the population, and they had no ground units, so I used SM to spawn in a giant (7 million PWL infantry) formation to force the population to surrender despite the 100x strength needed to surrender bug. At which point, I confirmed that there was literally zero facilities on the planet, not even conventional factories.

Possibly relevant information:
I had a elint/diplomatic ship in orbit for a while, but eventually left only an Elint ship in orbit.
I never received any messages from them despite having ships in orbit of their homeworld. Turning on the Transponders on my ships did not do anything.
I started the game with 2 billion population on my capital instead of 500 million
There was a precursor ground army on the 4th planet of the system the NPR was in. The precursor army did have STO weapons, but I destroyed them.

Database file is attached, the aliens are in the system of Seabring, on the second planet.

This is likely not a bug, as this is from what I can tell looking in the DB a non TN NPR which are broken NPRs and can never get out of TN tech and have 0 installations as you describe. . - Spacemarine
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 11:06:31 PM by SpaceMarine »

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #395 on: January 24, 2021, 12:05:50 AM »
This is likely not a bug, as this is from what I can tell looking in the DB a non TN NPR which are broken NPRs and can never get out of TN tech and have 0 installations as you describe. . - Spacemarine
If the NPR is broken then isn't it a bug? shouldn't pre-TN NPRs at least have conventional factories?

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #396 on: January 24, 2021, 12:29:53 AM »
If the NPR is broken then isn't it a bug? shouldn't pre-TN NPRs at least have conventional factories?

Negative. This is not a bug because nprs simply have not been coded to work when they are non tn but will still appear on occasion so for now this is intended behaviour

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #397 on: January 24, 2021, 12:32:28 AM »
Negative. This is not a bug because nprs simply have not been coded to work when they are non tn but will still appear on occasion so for now this is intended behaviour
Ok, I thought it was a bug because it wasn't listed on the Known issues thread.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #398 on: January 24, 2021, 07:29:33 AM »

It's not a bug. Some NPRs are pre-industrial and don't have installations or (effective) defence forces. There wasn't much point in coding archers to fight your powered infantry.

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #399 on: January 24, 2021, 09:07:19 AM »

It's not a bug. Some NPRs are pre-industrial and don't have installations or (effective) defence forces. There wasn't much point in coding archers to fight your powered infantry.
Can you add something that says a NPR is pre-industrial? It would be pretty obvious to any ship in orbit, but isn't as obvious in-game due to the population still having an EM signature.

Offline majorT

• Leading Rate
  • m
« Reply #400 on: January 24, 2021, 12:47:07 PM »
howdy all, after playing a campaign in v1. 12. 0 for about 25 in game years, I've started to get a text box appearing anytime I advance in time.  "Function #1414: The Given Key was not present in the dictionary" is what I'm getting.  Any solutions? Thanks in advance

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #401 on: January 24, 2021, 01:03:00 PM »
howdy all, after playing a campaign in v1. 12. 0 for about 25 in game years, I've started to get a text box appearing anytime I advance in time.  "Function #1414: The Given Key was not present in the dictionary" is what I'm getting.  Any solutions? Thanks in advance

Random bugs? Welcome to Aurora :-)

Try clearing your ship orders, especially if you have something arcane in there. If you're unlucky an NPR or civilian ship might have something borked.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #402 on: January 24, 2021, 04:05:52 PM »
Not really a bug

Gauss Turrets should appear under Kinetic Weapons for research but they are currently being displayed under Energy Weapons.

The following users thanked this post: nuclearslurpee

Offline majorT

• Leading Rate
  • m
« Reply #403 on: January 25, 2021, 01:21:13 AM »
If I uploaded my DB of my current save, would it be possible for anyone on the forums or Steve himself if he had some downtime to help identify the bug or problem itself? Or would I be better off starting a new campaign haha.  Its a shame to lose one that I played for quite a while lol

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #404 on: January 25, 2021, 05:08:07 AM »

The ancient constructs tab is always empty despite there being active constructs in the empire (with a colony >10m pop). Bonuses seem to be working so its just the UI.
To reproduce just have any empire that has an ancient construct under its control.

I added the tab but never got around to coding it :)

The following users thanked this post: db48x