Author Topic: Sensor Buoys and Mines  (Read 4928 times)

Offline jfelten

• Lieutenant
  • j
Re: Sensor Buoys and Mines
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 04:18:38 AM »
Brian (or anyone), I designed some thermal and active sensor drones but what do I need to research in order to be able to build EM sensor drones?  When I allocate MSP to EM sensors the rating stays zero.  I have EM sensor tech although I forget which level.  Is there some technology I'm missing.  I'm pretty sure I've researched all the basic technologies and have gone some distance down all the major tech trees but I'm missing something.  

Q:  Can the data from sensor drones be used by the controlling ship for targeting?

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 04:33:40 AM »
I think you just found a bug.  I hadn't tried the em sensor on a missile yet with this version, and I have the same problem.  Considering that I keep a test game with all techs reasearched for just this sort of question, I am pretty sure it is not the tech that is the problem.  I will post it in the bug section

Brian

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2009, 10:38:50 AM »
Quote from: "Brian"
I think you just found a bug.  I hadn't tried the em sensor on a missile yet with this version, and I have the same problem.  Considering that I keep a test game with all techs reasearched for just this sort of question, I am pretty sure it is not the tech that is the problem.  I will post it in the bug section
I think this bug has been reported by someone else too. I have already fixed it for v4.0

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2009, 10:40:23 AM »
Quote from: "jfelten"
Q:  Can the data from sensor drones be used by the controlling ship for targeting?
The data can be used in the sense that if a drone detects a target, the ship can lock on its fire control to that target. In other words, the drone will act as a remote sensor but not a remote fire control.

Steve