Author Topic: v2.5.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 12983 times)

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: v2.5.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2024, 09:17:15 AM »
Another suggestion: compile the game for Linux! How hard could it possibly be? :D

Are you trying to kill Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2024, 10:29:11 AM »
Another suggestion: compile the game for Linux! How hard could it possibly be? :D

Its OK, that one won't be happening :)

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2024, 11:29:52 AM »

Its OK, that one won't be happening :)

I originally asked this question in jest, but now that I actually think about it it occurs to me that it really shouldn’t be all that difficult. You wrote the code in C#, targeting the CLR.

Code: [Select]
 db48x  ~  Aurora4x-wine  C#v2.2.0  file Aurora.exe
Aurora.exe: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 Mono/.Net assembly, for MS Windows, 3 sections

Microsoft did not originally support running CLR applications on Linux, but some folk actually wanted to do that so they started a project called Mono. It can already almost run Aurora with no modifications:

The modifications needed to make it work were really pretty simple: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10320.msg122543#msg122543

Mono has gotten so good at this that Microsoft actually bought it a few years back. Apparently it’s now the official way to deploy C# applications on Linux. I bet there’s some extra Visual Studio component that you could install which lets you directly build as a Linux binary too (one that would still depend on the mono runtime).

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2024, 11:49:59 AM »
Maybe I will get to play a game after all:

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2024, 04:25:55 PM »
The difficulty of doing it isn't the problem. Aurora is just a hobby and I don't play on Linux, so I wouldn't get any benefit from the time spent working on this. Also, I would have bug reports related to the Linux version that would also require time to investigate and I couldn't test it anyway. Trying to implement this would be a net negative for me.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2024, 04:57:22 PM »
You cannot edit negative wealth.

I was simulating a treaty where some cash was redistributed to reduce the debt of one power, but as soon as I changed it (from -8k to -4k) it reset to 0. There are no issues with positive numbers.

SJW: Fixed for v2.5.1
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 02:28:27 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline joshuawood

• Chief Petty Officer
  • j
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2024, 10:53:47 PM »
I have had an alien population randomly appear on earth (many STO formations, ships in orbit and several DSPs present)

I have attached the DB.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2024, 11:24:32 PM »
I have had an alien population randomly appear on earth (many STO formations, ships in orbit and several DSPs present)

I have attached the DB.
Did you conquer an alien colony somewhere else just before this alien pop appeared on Earth?

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2024, 12:43:43 AM »
Edit: Bug Report 2: I just realized that I have colliers in "Battle Fleet", but they aren't reloading my carriers, despite being set to "Load Fleet Ordnance". So that is also in the same system and save.

SJW: Do you have Underway Replenishment tech?
Yes, I do, 30% underway replenishment.

It seems to be that the carrier reloads its parasites, but then does not reload from the collier.
Things I have checked
- Collier has the Ordnance transfer system, carries the correct missiles, and has enough of them to reload the ships
- Carrier is set to carry the same missiles as the collier
- I have tried the various collier options (Load Fleet Ordnance, replace fleet Ordnance, Load Sub-fleet Ordnance)
- Detaching the collier and ordering it to "Join and Add Ordnance" also didn't help.
- Reloading the save doesn't seem to make a difference.

Database attached. Look at Task Force 1.1 in the Lambda Carinae system, its in combat

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2024, 07:49:19 AM »
Still a little issue with fighters and their ability to land on colonies/planets:

I have a 500-ton fighter/shuttle with 250 tons of cargo space (5x Cargo Hold - Shuttle). The fleet it is in cannot be given any cargo/freighter related orders, despite the game recognizing it as a freighter for auto-assignment purposes. Whether Earth has a Spaceport or not does not change the situation. If I replace the five Shuttle Cargo Holds with a Cargo Hold - Small or Cargo Hold - Tiny, the usual cargo/freight orders come up again. This is with "Order Filtering" on.

If I turn that filter off, the fleet loads up Infra without an issue at Earth and unloads it on Luna but there is no "unload all installations", I have to use the "unload specific installation" order instead.

EDIT: Now that I have 2 shuttlecraft in the fleet, those cargo/freight orders do not come up even if I untick "Order Filtering".

SJW: Fixed for v2.5.1
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 06:17:53 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2024, 12:25:28 PM »
Still a little issue with fighters and their ability to land on colonies/planets:

I have a 500-ton fighter/shuttle with 250 tons of cargo space (5x Cargo Hold - Shuttle). The fleet it is in cannot be given any cargo/freighter related orders, despite the game recognizing it as a freighter for auto-assignment purposes. Whether Earth has a Spaceport or not does not change the situation. If I replace the five Shuttle Cargo Holds with a Cargo Hold - Small or Cargo Hold - Tiny, the usual cargo/freight orders come up again. This is with "Order Filtering" on.

If I turn that filter off, the fleet loads up Infra without an issue at Earth and unloads it on Luna but there is no "unload all installations", I have to use the "unload specific installation" order instead.

EDIT: Now that I have 2 shuttlecraft in the fleet, those cargo/freight orders do not come up even if I untick "Order Filtering".

I have this same issue, I didn't report it at first because when I encountered it in 2.4.1 I had DB modded in a 250T "Cargo Bay - Fighter". I thought at the time that maybe I needed the shuttle bay so I made a 1000 ton cargo FAC, but even that new setup did not allow me to issue cargo related orders.

The above issue persists with the new "Cargo Bay - Shuttle" part added in 2.5.0. I think that the problem might be that cargo orders are restricted to ships that have a bridge as I use a small 3,235 ton design with no issues.

SJW: There was a requirement for those orders to have 500 cargo points. Now changed to > 0.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 06:19:42 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2024, 05:48:21 PM »
I hope this is an EXE change and does not require a DB fix!

SJW: Just EXE change.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 06:20:12 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Therewolfmb

• Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2024, 06:28:39 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=13419. msg167840#msg167840 date=1704716211
Quote from: Therewolfmb link=topic=13419. msg167839#msg167839 date=1704713985
Hi Steve,

Regarding the inability to just due jump shock, is it supposed to happen before the jump happens? I've seen the jump shock prevent jumps after standard transit when trying to immediately go back to the previous system, but this message is happening before the jump.

It can happen if the fleet just transited a previous jump point.  If fleets were having trouble with normal jumps, there would be a lot of bug posts on that subject.  I've checked the code and the only two situations where that message is generated is either the jump drive is too small, or it is suffering from jump shock, so if the problem resolves itself within a few minutes of game time, it is almost certain to be the latter.

Hope I'm not being annoying, but I'm pretty sure it's not jump shock induced as this is happening on the 1st jump by the fleet in the entire game.  Here's the Db if you're interested.   In the attached DB, I have 2 fleets moving towards jump point and you will see the behavior after incrementing the time.

It seems to be happening when a Military jump ship with Commercial Engines tries to provide a standard transit for a fleet containing military ships.  The 1st attempt will fail to transit with that event message, but then successfully reattempt and make the jump.  If the fleet is stationary on the jump point when ordered to jump it will make the jump without complaint.  I do not have the same issue when having a military fleet jump using a military jump ship that has military engines.

SJW: Confirmed as bug and fixed for v2.5.1. See my reply for detailed explanation.

Also, this seems like WAI but thought I would check, is the research for small jump point stabilization modules supposed to be unlocked at the same time the large 180 day module research? Both become available after researching jump point theory.

SJW: Yes, that is working as intended.

Thanks for the quick responses!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 05:35:23 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline kyonkundenwa

• Chief Petty Officer
  • k
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2024, 12:04:02 AM »
Display bug: the vessel's commander is incorrectly reported to be the Science Officer in this commander [un]health event in the first attachment. Confirmation of his CO position is included in the second attachment.
The actual science officer was the survivor listed in the commander update event further down in the first attachment. She even got an award for her escape, probably a piece of safety wire from the guarded "launch" button in the escape pod to go along with lifelong shame and -500 (lifelong) promotion points.

SJW: Fixed for v2.5.1. I think the science officer was killed and everything else was displayed incorrectly.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 07:05:46 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline joshuawood

• Chief Petty Officer
  • j
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2024, 12:18:58 AM »

I have attached the DB.
Did you conquer an alien colony somewhere else just before this alien pop appeared on Earth?

I did not, i have no conquered alien pops as far as i know.

If you think it may be civvies of my own getting them there i would doubt that because it is >0cc for them on earth.