Author Topic: Sorium Harvester  (Read 5102 times)

Offline DasColonel

• Leading Rate
  • D
Re: Sorium Harvester
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 07:30:40 AM »
How do you offload the fuel in a sorium harvester ship prior to going to gas giant to begin harvesting?

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 08:51:11 AM »
During the design process you have to tick the "tanker" box in the upper right corner. This will make the ship start with 10% fuel and give additional orders the ship can perform, such as "unload 90% to a colony".

Edit: Just in case it isn't obvious, you can check the box any time you want, even after you have built the ships.

Offline DasColonel

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 11:04:50 AM »
Thanks worked like a charm. :)

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 10:47:02 AM »
I simply put Sorium Harvesters on all my commercial ships (Grav Survey ships included in here), and most of my larger military ships (cruisers up have 1, Carriers/Battleships up have 2+). 

Edit: no more on my battleships as it messes up the officer assignment (but I still have them on my carriers)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 10:11:21 AM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline joeclark77

• Commander
  • j
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 12:04:52 PM »
I tend to like having a colony on one of the moons of the gas giant where fuel can be offloaded.  That way if enemy ships are about to destroy my fuel harvesters, I can at least save the fuel.  So essentially, I design a ship like an immobile sorium harvesting platform, but with one civilian engine.  I still tow them into place, but allow them to move under their own power to dump the fuel and return to the gas giant.