Author Topic: Official v4.7 Bugs Thread  (Read 25658 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v4.7 Bugs
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2009, 03:48:19 PM »
Quote from: "Hawkeye"
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
apparently, while the boarding was successful, I am not the new owner of the ship.
I don´t think those are precursors, as I highly doubt there will be unarmed, 2500t precursor vessles around (very likely, those are/were survey ships)
Edit: I forgot to mention, that the two companies of Marines vanished into thin air too  :)

My German isn't great but I guess that popup is the German equivalent of an invalid object message. I'll check the code as trying to set an invalid object during the Transfer Ship code would cause the problem you are facing. Unfortunately, you can't simply change the RaceID of the ship in the database as it is a lot more complex than that. Do you by any chance have a relevant class record created for the alien ship, even if you don't have the actual ship?

Steve

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2009, 03:59:03 PM »
Sorry for being dumb - you posted all those the first time :D
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2009, 04:05:41 PM »
Yep, invalid object or object no longer registered would be my translation.

I´m not sure what you mean by class record. If it is the class listed in the F5 screen, nope, no luck there.
If you are talking about the database, I´m not into digging through this. You know, I am the proverbial user, pushing buttons and clicking on things, preying everything does as I want it to   :D
Yes, I meant the F5 window. When a ship is transferred the program creates a class record for your race, transfers the fleet, links the ship to the new class and transfers ownership. I am trying to figure out at what point things went wrong. Did you get any error 91s after the invalid object message and did you have to quit Aurora or did you get the single error message and everything else seemed to go OK?

Steve

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2009, 04:16:08 PM »
Yes, I meant the F5 window. When a ship is transferred the program creates a class record for your race, transfers the fleet, links the ship to the new class and transfers ownership. I am trying to figure out at what point things went wrong. Did you get any error 91s after the invalid object message and did you have to quit Aurora or did you get the single error message and everything else seemed to go OK?

Steve

No, only this single error message.
After clicking "ok" everything went smooth.

Hm,looking at the timestamps of the srceenies, I took the one with the error message 2 minutes bevore the other ones. It might be, the message came up in the previous combat round.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2009, 04:21:07 PM »
Yep, invalid object or object no longer registered would be my translation.

I´m not sure what you mean by class record. If it is the class listed in the F5 screen, nope, no luck there.
If you are talking about the database, I´m not into digging through this. You know, I am the proverbial user, pushing buttons and clicking on things, preying everything does as I want it to   :)

Wait for the v4.73 patch out before you try that though :)

Steve

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2009, 04:29:27 PM »
I would be intrigued to find out if the Marines you left on board now think they are part of the crew and fight against you in any future boarding action :)

Steve

That would be fun.  :D

Unfortunately, when the ship refused to change hands, I blew it away.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2009, 04:43:51 PM »
Quote from: "ussdefiant"
Also, Manticore B-II is not showing up on the Avaliable colony site screen, and the only real reason i can think of (As that San Martin planet i'm pretty sure is occupied by someone), is that the habitability is 0.00.
I have the database - thanks!

If you look at the lower right of the available colony window there are a series of checkboxes. Click the one entitled Exclude Planets over 100AU and the missing planets should appear. This option is to avoid looking at planets that are too far from the star or that orbit an inaccessible binary system. The default should probably be off though for that option so I will change it for v4.73

Steve

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2009, 07:01:24 PM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
Don't know if this a bug or 'operator error' but in the Class Design window I don't appear to be able to assign fighters or FAC designs to make a strikegroup for a ship with hanger bays.  I haven't used fighters for some time so I don't know if I've missed something.
Edited to add:
If I shutdown and restart Aurora the fighters become available.
I just tested it and it seems to be working OK at the moment. It sounds like something was temporarily preventing the fighters being listed rather than a problem with the assignment code. The usual reason for something like that is whatever is being listed became available while the window was open and it wasn't updated. If it happens again, try reselecting the race in the class window and see if that makes the fighters re-appear. If that doesn't work, please let me know

I don't think you can assign FACs using the Class window.

Steve
Thanks Steve, I think I encountered this several versions ago and that was the issue then.  I'll do as you suggest the next time.
Welchbloke

Offline ussdefiant (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • u
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2009, 06:02:51 PM »
A relative large annoyance: Move to Entry Jump Point secondary orders seem to go and erase themselves after the first time they are executed. Makes the whole "Jump Geosurvey flottilla into large system and have them merge back together automatically at the Jump Point" thing difficult to set up.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2009, 04:04:40 PM »
Ok, I got a new one.

I had a skirmish with an NPR and followed their tracks (they had build jumpgates all the way back to their home) and in one of the systems I crossed, I stumbled over a couple of unknown wrecks. So I send in a slavaging fleet (one salvager, 4 freighters, 1 scout) to get some goodies out of them.
In the process, I got some research boni in thermal sensitivity, small craft ecm and ceramic composite armor.
When the salvager entered the Sol system, I am getting this error

Error 3051 was generated by DAO.Database
1 Parameter wurde erwartet, aber es wurden zu wenige Parameter übergeben. Please ...

In english something along the line of: 1 parameter was expected, but there were too few parameters transfered

(it won´t get away, so I have to shut aurora down via CTRL/ALT/DEL) but every time advance, the error will reapear.
I have taken a backup of the DB, in case you need it and will go back 4 weeks to my latest backup.

Edit: I forgot, those wrecks, given the advanced technology I got from them, were probably precursors (How the Kilrathi, my enemy (hey, they look like tigers, so I had to choose between them and the Kzin, and I played wing commander to death  :D  ) took those out, without loosing a single ship (no other wrecks around) I have no idea.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2009, 05:32:43 PM »
Ok, I got a new one.

Edit: I forgot, those wrecks, given the advanced technology I got from them, were probably precursors (How the Kilrathi, my enemy (hey, they look like tigers, so I had to choose between them and the Kzin, and I played wing commander to death  :D  ) took those out, without loosing a single ship (no other wrecks around) I have no idea.

Ive noticed that sometimes Aurora seems to generate Precursor wrecks in some systems - I stumbled over some wrecks by accident in a dead end system next to my homeworld (my civ ships in this game all had a small active sensor system, which were always on), no other race found.  When I recovered them using my Scrappie it reported the same class as active precursors that I found on another branch.  I don't recall finding a listening post in that system, but I dont think I had completed the planetary survey before I upgraded, and started a new campaign.
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2009, 08:16:30 PM »
Quote from: "ZimRathbone"
Ok, I got a new one.

Ive noticed that sometimes Aurora seems to generate Precursor wrecks in some systems - I stumbled over some wrecks by accident in a dead end system next to my homeworld (my civ ships in this game all had a small active sensor system, which were always on), no other race found.  When I recovered them using my Scrappie it reported the same class as active precursors that I found on another branch.  I don't recall finding a listening post in that system, but I dont think I had completed the planetary survey before I upgraded, and started a new campaign.
The program will occasionally generate some old Precursor wrecks that are the remains of ancient battles.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2009, 08:23:28 PM »
Ok, I got a new one.

I had a skirmish with an NPR and followed their tracks (they had build jumpgates all the way back to their home) and in one of the systems I crossed, I stumbled over a couple of unknown wrecks. So I send in a slavaging fleet (one salvager, 4 freighters, 1 scout) to get some goodies out of them.
In the process, I got some research boni in thermal sensitivity, small craft ecm and ceramic composite armor.
When the salvager entered the Sol system, I am getting this error

Error 3051 was generated by DAO.Database
1 Parameter wurde erwartet, aber es wurden zu wenige Parameter übergeben. Please ...

In english something along the line of: 1 parameter was expected, but there were too few parameters transfered
Found it. There was a spelling mistake in the code that transferred the tech points to the new research table in the database. I'll put a new version out in the next hour or so that will fix it. Thanks for the detailed description of what happened as that made it very easy to find.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2009, 08:29:48 PM »
Quote from: "ussdefiant"
A relative large annoyance: Move to Entry Jump Point secondary orders seem to go and erase themselves after the first time they are executed. Makes the whole "Jump Geosurvey flottilla into large system and have them merge back together automatically at the Jump Point" thing difficult to set up.
The order was removed to avoid the same order being continually issued once the fleet arrives at the jump point. I'll leave the order in place and add some code to check current location when the secondary order is triggered.

Steve

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2009, 06:56:58 AM »
I am defeiently having the problem with lost systems beign surveyed, using random stars. Interestingly several months after I lost a survey ship into an unknown system I got a message back indicating that a new jump point had been found in an unknown system indicating the survye ship was still able to follow its default orders despite being inaccesible on the Task Force List