Author Topic: Official v4.7 Bugs Thread  (Read 25674 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v4.7 Bugs
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2009, 08:40:22 AM »
Quote from: "Andrew"
I am defeiently having the problem with lost systems beign surveyed, using random stars. Interestingly several months after I lost a survey ship into an unknown system I got a message back indicating that a new jump point had been found in an unknown system indicating the survye ship was still able to follow its default orders despite being inaccesible on the Task Force List
Could you possibly send me your DB so I can take a look. My email is stevewalmsley at btinternet.com

Steve

Offline Laurence

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2009, 11:40:58 AM »
Getting an error in 4.74.

Error in LoadPopulations

Error 6 was generated by Aurora.
Overflow

Upgraded to 4.75 just now and it is still here.  It comes up on a time advance of any type.  None of my ships have a load order of any kind.

After clicking OK the turn seems to complete normally.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2009, 12:19:56 PM »
I had a group of three survey ships in individual task groups, gave group no2 orders to join group no3. Then gave group no3 orders to join group no1 before no2 had joined. End result one ship just disappeared, no error messages, just two ships instead of three. :?  Easy to fix of course but irritating.

Regards
IanD

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2009, 12:30:56 PM »
There seems to be a problem with jumpships, if both, commercial and military ships are in the same taskforce.

I have an Invasionfleet with several Troop Transports (commercial) and an equal number of assault transports (military) in one single taskforce. This TF will not jump through a jumppoint whithout a gate.

I tried posting a military and a commercial Jumpship on the jumppoint (both big enough for the commercial/military ships and after thisapproach failed, I even let those jumpships join the TF --> no joy.
Log message: Jump failure. One or more ships are too large to perform the combat jump (no, I am not using the combat jump command,I guess there is only one message text for jump failure)
Probably, the commercial ships look at the size of the military jumpship and decide: "This is too small, we won´t jump with this dwarf!"   :)  , missing the fact that there _is_ a commercial jumpship that has the required size.

Once I split the TF into two, one pure commercial and the other pure military, everything worked ok.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline georgiaboy1966

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2009, 04:47:39 PM »
Have noticed a problem in the industrial production.

While buildig anything, the number of items to be built is reducing faster than the number actually built.
Glen

Been a player since the Beta of SA, 1993?

"Constructive criticism is never a bad comment"
-Me

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2009, 04:59:53 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "Andrew"
I am defeiently having the problem with lost systems beign surveyed, using random stars. Interestingly several months after I lost a survey ship into an unknown system I got a message back indicating that a new jump point had been found in an unknown system indicating the survye ship was still able to follow its default orders despite being inaccesible on the Task Force List
Could you possibly send me your DB so I can take a look. My email is stevewalmsley at btinternet.com

Steve
Done

Offline ussdefiant (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • u
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2009, 07:44:03 PM »
So, i just went and started a new game, and now i get a Racesysname error, the system in question apparently gets no name, etc.

Should i go and post/email this database to you, Steve, so you might look at/fix this?

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2009, 07:54:17 PM »
Think I might have a yo-yo incident on my hands here, it did about 300 15sec increments without any messages and then when I cancelled auto-increment it went back to normal. But, now the 15sec increments are back again.

Could be an NPR fight, i'll let it run for a while longer and see what happens.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2009, 10:55:24 PM »
Just deployed a mine and got

Error in UpdateAllSensors
Error 6 was generated ...
Overflow

happens 4 times on each increment, this is mine I designed before you fixed the code dealing with active sensors on missiles/buoys. I had updated a couple of fields for the design but maybe I didnt get it correctly

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2009, 04:33:19 AM »
The Yo YO situation r very boring:) but amen.
When ive set "Synchronous" weapons trigger,ive been encounter a Age-geological timepassing situation: for 1 hour (real life) ive been pass to advance turn every 5 seconds..before at last my IDIOTS crew decide to engage in firefight:)..

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2009, 01:56:45 PM »
I just found a problem myself, which is that automated turns will stick to a small increment if the program automatically changes to that increment size because of a potential interception. This is fixed for v4.76 but until I release it, if you see a long series of small increments with no apparent cause, trying stopping the automated turns and restarting them. This doesn't happen if the increment is normal length but is interrupted early during a sub-pulse. It only happens if the actual increment length is adjusted for some reason. In this case there should be an SM event stating this has happened.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2009, 01:57:38 PM »
Quote from: "ussdefiant"
So, i just went and started a new game, and now i get a Racesysname error, the system in question apparently gets no name, etc.

Should i go and post/email this database to you, Steve, so you might look at/fix this?
Yes please. Fixing this is my highest priority at the moment.

Steve

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2009, 02:01:07 PM »
I just found a problem myself, which is that automated turns will stick to a small increment if the program automatically changes to that increment size because of a potential interception. This is fixed for v4.76 but until I release it, if you see a long series of small increments with no apparent cause, trying stopping the automated turns and restarting them. This doesn't happen if the increment is normal length but is interrupted early during a sub-pulse. It only happens if the actual increment length is adjusted for some reason. In this case there should be an SM event stating this has happened.

Steve

I think that this is what I had re my earlier post. I would get the 15sec increments and force a stop and then the next 1day increment would run fine.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2009, 02:03:02 PM »
I have found a bug that affects NPRs that update their missile technology after the game has started. Without boring you with the details, the NPR ends up with missiles on board their FACs that are too large to fit in their missile launchers. As you can imagine, this causes them a few problems :). The main symptom is a series of overflow errors in SetNPRMoveOrders.

The fix will be in 4.76. However, it will be necessary to correct the data for any NPRs with this problem so I have added a new menu item called "NPR Missile Correction" to the Miscellaneous menu. If you update to v4.76 when it is released and then run this, it will fix any existing problems in your database.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2009, 02:07:01 PM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
I think that this is what I had re my earlier post. I would get the 15sec increments and force a stop and then the next 1day increment would run fine.
Yes, that does sound like it is the same thing. It started after I changed the automated turns to be more flexible as before it always used 86400 seconds. WIth the newer version, it takes the parameter from the button press. However, VB6 passes by reference by default so when the parameter is changed during the increment, the modified value is retained in the parent function and passed on to the next increment. It was a simple fix once I realised what was happening.

Steve