Author Topic: Official v4.8 Bugs Thread  (Read 17198 times)

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Official v4.8 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 06:25:27 PM »
When you add a new commander rank (I tend to add Lieutenants for my fighter pilots) it creates a new rank for ground, ivilian and scientists as well, and gives error 381 was generated by Aurora, Invalid property array index   and the administrators and scientists become invisible on the commanders screen (I assume because its showing the new rank 1 (0) and not the normal rank. Deleting the new navy rank fixes this

Matt
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline gabes

• Leading Rate
  • g
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 11:44:14 PM »
Hey there guys, first post.
Btw I'm Gabeux from the Bay 12 forums.

I've found something rather curious in a new game I've started.
The increments were getting cut short to only 5 seconds interval, I clicked the automatic turn and let for 30 days...almost 20 minutes went through and only 5 secs increments were happening.

After learning how to use SM mode, I've waited and readed the SM MODE event log..it showed that some alien race was aiming at their own planet (Dresden A-II, IIRC), and firing with their ground forces.
I had to delete their system so I could get back to playing.

Have you ever saw anything like that?
Is it normal to show only the planet name or something? No other race appeared to be involved, they were really firing at their own planet with their forces.
Anything I can do to help? I forgot to take screens, though ><

Offline gabes

• Leading Rate
  • g
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 11:50:08 PM »
Also I'm getting tons of NPRPopPlanning ERROR 91 messages, between increments..

Sorry for double posting, can't edit the other post I (maybe because it's a new account)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 12:58:51 AM »
I think I finally nailed the Invalid row errors on the Research tab. The fix will be in v4.82

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 01:04:02 AM »
Quote from: "gabes"
Hey there guys, first post.
Btw I'm Gabeux from the Bay 12 forums.

I've found something rather curious in a new game I've started.
The increments were getting cut short to only 5 seconds interval, I clicked the automatic turn and let for 30 days...almost 20 minutes went through and only 5 secs increments were happening.

After learning how to use SM mode, I've waited and readed the SM MODE event log..it showed that some alien race was aiming at their own planet (Dresden A-II, IIRC), and firing with their ground forces.
I had to delete their system so I could get back to playing.

Have you ever saw anything like that?
Is it normal to show only the planet name or something? No other race appeared to be involved, they were really firing at their own planet with their forces.
Anything I can do to help? I forgot to take screens, though ><

I did modify that part of the code for v4.81 to enable NPRs to fire at ground forces so it sounds like I seriously screwed something up :)

Please could you zip up and email your DB (Stevefire.mdb) to me so I can follow the action myself. My email is stevewalmsley at btinternet.com (replace at with @ to avoid spam)

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 01:05:53 AM »

Sorry for double posting, can't edit the other post I (maybe because it's a new account)
Error 91s usually means the Aurora.exe doesn't match the Stevefire.mdb, although if the rest of the game is running fine then it might be a bug. if everything else if OK, please could you email me the DB so I can take a look (see previous post for my email address).

Steve

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 01:27:35 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"

Error 91s usually means the Aurora.exe doesn't match the Stevefire.mdb, although if the rest of the game is running fine then it might be a bug. if everything else if OK, please could you email me the DB so I can take a look (see previous post for my email address).

Steve

Something you might not have noticed: Gabes said he deleted the NPR system - depending on how he did it could that have caused the error 91s?

GABES - Steve would probably prefer a copy of the DB from before you deleted the NPR system, if you've got a save available :-)

John

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 01:34:58 AM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"

Steve

Something you might not have noticed: Gabes said he deleted the NPR system - depending on how he did it could that have caused the error 91s?

GABES - Steve would probably prefer a copy of the DB from before you deleted the NPR system, if you've got a save available :-)
Well spotted - I missed that. Yes, that could cause some serious problems.

Steve

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 03:21:10 AM »
Raising shields in combat with 5 sec increments. Event log shows shields raising by .2/.25, but the total is always zero. Even after approx. 10 minutes of combat. Not that I really need the shields in this case (fecking meson armed GB).

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 03:23:50 AM »
Incremented time 5 seconds.

Got a whole gob of Error 91 in PointBlankPDFire.

Near as I figure, my laser turrets just got in range (being used offensively, since these GB have no missiles).

Offline Future

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • F
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 03:35:37 AM »
Btw i sent the Stevefire.mdb to you last night but im not sure if you got it because i got an email sayin somethin about Delivery to the following recipients failed. Maybe its because your site still thinks im spam.

Offline Another

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 05:35:22 AM »
Quote from: "Another"
I have the same issue with interrupts occurring at every sub-pulse tick with nothing to Event log. Experienced this with various auto and manual sub-pulse lengths for extended period of time (manual sub-pulse = 1 day, auto-turn >= 1 day is the best combination so far). I'm ready to also send my stevefire.zip if it is still of any use.
Check the first post in this thread for the link to an explanation. If it seems to be going on for a long time though and the explanation doesn't seem to cover it then please send the DB and I will investigate.

Also, try closing the event log, go into SM mode and then re-open the Event log as the SM. There may be additional information.

Steve

Patch 4.81 fixed it completely. Must have been the same thing with NPR installations transportation or something. There was nothing in SM mode Event log.

Next time I'll probably just mail you my zipped database along with description if/when I encounter any reproducible bug not already described in this thread.

Offline gabes

• Leading Rate
  • g
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2010, 11:10:05 AM »
Quote from: "Another"
I have the same issue with interrupts occurring at every sub-pulse tick with nothing to Event log.
Next time I'll probably just mail you my zipped database along with description if/when I encounter any reproducible bug not already described in this thread.

I agree.

I'll send you the db steve, but I don't know if it's of any use..I played like 20/25 years after it...
Argh. hah

About the NPR 91 errors, they happened before I've deleted the system.
I've also created another system and extra npr (SM MODE) to compensate.
So far, nothing weird happened...some aliens attack their enemies randomly, but no "firing at planet" event has happened.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2010, 11:56:50 AM »
Planetary Barracks PDC are showing up as a commercial design.  There's no need to make the Barracks system commercial, since PDC don't pay maintenance....

John

Offline Greiger

• Leading Rate
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2010, 12:08:10 PM »
I think I may have a new one for ya here.  A search brings up a similar error message but for a different area it seems.

It's been happening every 5 days of game time.
"Error in CheckPromotions"
Error 94 was generated by Aurora
Invalid use of Null.

It comes up with the box twice whenever I do an increment 5 days or higher and also happens when 5 days passes using smaller increments.  30 days causes the error to only come up twice (same as 5 day increment) instead of 12 times.  I copied the mdb file and can send it if it would help matters.

I searched and didn't find that error message under CheckPromotions  But my search fu is weak, and I'm not familiar with this forum's search system. (I'm another one of those crazy Bay 12ers :D)  Sorry if I missed it while looking.  This is a pretty cool game.  Finally a 4x with crazy amounts of detail.  Good work!

EDIT: I have an update  I found 2 blank ranks in my Ground forces commander screen.  Though I had added 2 ranks to the Naval commanders I hadn't even touched ground units ranks (I don't even know how to use Ground Units yet). I think it may have automatically added them when I added my naval ranks, but it neglected to assign names to the ranks, causing the errorspam.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 12:39:39 PM by Greiger »