Author Topic: v4.9 Bugs Thread (no longer current)  (Read 27549 times)

Offline MoonDragon

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • M
Re: Official v4.9 Bugs Thread
« Reply #315 on: February 19, 2010, 10:06:47 PM »
Vanigo, it's probably due to some contracts you have set up. Try canceling the contracts and then recreate them. Should clear out any new problems.
(@)

Offline WCG

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • W
« Reply #316 on: February 20, 2010, 01:21:14 PM »
Note: I originally posted this in the wrong thread, since a search for error 30009 brought up the 4.8 bugs thread. Sorry about that. I am playing version 4.91.

Quote from: "Commodore_Areyar"
The wellknown flexgrid error (#30009 i believe) that was fixed for science and officers also occurs when the num ber of entries in the events screen is changed.

Maybe this really has already been fixed, but I get this error whenever I click on a certain naval officer.

It says:

Error in Grd_Sorted_SelChange
Error 30009 was generated by MSFlexGrid
Invalid Row Value

All I did was sort naval officers by Fleet Movement Initiative Rating. I get the error whenever I click on the Rear Admiral in the list, but not when I click on any other officer. (If it matters, this is my only Rear Admiral and my highest ranking officer.)

Note that I haven't messed with creating new ranks or anything like that. I tried to do a search here to see if this error was already known, but I couldn't tell. I couldn't find anything exactly like this. From other postings, it appears that this error is well-known, but maybe not in this exact circumstance? And if it's supposed to be fixed,... well, I figured I'd better say something.

It's not causing any problems, as far as I can tell, and this is the first time I've run into it. Again, I'm playing version 4.91

Bill

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #317 on: February 20, 2010, 02:09:06 PM »
A workaround, if you realy want that officer assigned, is to use the officers list on the left. At least I found that the error does not occur when you select the officer there.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Greiger

• Leading Rate
« Reply #318 on: February 20, 2010, 09:19:32 PM »
Probably more of a minor detail than a bug I suppose since you wouldn't really know about this without designer mode, but if you manage to get an active sensor contact with an NPR, without them seeing you, and then establish communications (They told me the real name of their empire. I assume that means I successfully communicated)  They still don't know you exist.  Despite the fact that they talked to you and you could very well have a diplomatic team working with them.

I ended up having one of my scout ships hang around on my side of the JP into their system with it's transponder on to get them to notice me.

Nabobalis

« Reply #319 on: February 21, 2010, 03:24:07 AM »
I am getting Error 6 OVerflow with the title Error in ReturnTimeCurrency when I try to transit a JP with a gate.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #320 on: February 21, 2010, 08:29:39 AM »
Quote from: "Greiger"
Probably more of a minor detail than a bug I suppose since you wouldn't really know about this without designer mode, but if you manage to get an active sensor contact with an NPR, without them seeing you, and then establish communications (They told me the real name of their empire. I assume that means I successfully communicated)  They still don't know you exist.  Despite the fact that they talked to you and you could very well have a diplomatic team working with them.

I ended up having one of my scout ships hang around on my side of the JP into their system with it's transponder on to get them to notice me.

Well, in similar cases, I assumed I was listening to their broadcasts (radio, tv, whatever) and translated their language/race name and stuff that way.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Thtb

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
« Reply #321 on: February 22, 2010, 01:36:44 PM »

Download this after a recommdation from bay12, love it, but impossible to go more then 15 days without so much errors it becomes unplayable (click away a error spawns another error)

Anyway, the error above (first the bigger one, then the other one - continual (can't be removed by click okay, is replaced by a new one every single time)) was caused after hitting the "5 day" button, its ummm 12 days in the game, nothing going on besides building mines/inf, doing research and building ships.
Nothing was about to be done or got done in that intervall.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #322 on: February 22, 2010, 02:26:16 PM »
Quote from: "Thtb"

Download this after a recommdation from bay12, love it, but impossible to go more then 15 days without so much errors it becomes unplayable (click away a error spawns another error)

Anyway, the error above (first the bigger one, then the other one - continual (can't be removed by click okay, is replaced by a new one every single time)) was caused after hitting the "5 day" button, its ummm 12 days in the game, nothing going on besides building mines/inf, doing research and building ships.

I think it may be the fullstop/comma error.

Can you change your Windows regional settings to use the fullstop instead of comma? (if it is currently the comma that is)

*edit for more information*
when I say fullstop/comma I mean for the decimal point

for example, UK/US does the decimal figure as: 123.45 but some european countries use: 123,45 which access can not handle.

Offline WCG

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • W
« Reply #323 on: February 22, 2010, 02:47:04 PM »
Quote from: "MoonDragon"
v4.91

Oh, and I think that ships undergoing fleet training are also ignoring conditional orders. So they will run themselves out of fuel, even if they have conditional orders to refuel when low.

Yes, this happens to me, too (might be just on civilian ships, I'm not sure).

Also, I have freighters delivering mines to my mining colonies in Sol system, and they don't pay any attention to their conditional refueling orders then, either. Every ship is set to refuel when down to 20% or 30% of fuel, but they never do. I do get a low fuel alarm, when they get really low, luckily.

Hmm,... as far as I can tell, there's no way to add an order in the middle of other ship orders, is there? And no way to delete one? (Whenever I try to delete a certain ship order, the last one is always the one deleted.) And "Repeat" repeats everything in the list. You can't just repeat part of it.

I was trying to add a refuel order in the middle of the other orders, but that doesn't work. (And I can't have a freighter pick up and deliver one mass driver, and then continue on with automatic mines. I have to wait until the mass driver orders are completed, and then give orders for delivering mines, because I can't repeat just the mine orders.)

But I suppose I should just add a refuel order to every mine delivery. Does it waste time to refuel on every trip?

Bill

Offline Ordans

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • O
« Reply #324 on: February 22, 2010, 04:40:02 PM »
Quote from: "Ordans"
I keep getting an error when trying to open the F9 menu
Error 7
Out of memory.
What does that means?
The version is 4.91

Why does that error happens?

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #325 on: February 23, 2010, 10:38:09 AM »
I keep getting an error when trying to open the F9 menu
Error 7
Out of memory.
What does that means?
The version is 4.91

Why does that error happens?
What is the title of the Error box, as that will tell me where the error is happening?

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #326 on: February 23, 2010, 10:41:22 AM »
Quote from: "Thtb"

As explained in the installation instructions where you downloaded the game, you need to change your decimal separator to a period (.) instead of a comma (,). If you don't do this, the game is unplayable.

As a refresher, here are the installation instructions: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1830

Steve

Offline Commodore_Areyar

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • I will format your cruiser!
« Reply #327 on: February 24, 2010, 07:10:30 PM »

create researc project:
active sensor, size5, 150 resolution.
runtime eror 381, invalid property array index. closes Aurora.

Have had this happen twice now, earlier it happened when I switched to AGS from MFC with 150 resolution. That time I had to close Aurora myself as it stopped responding apparently.

Probably user error, just don't know. :)
images of planets etc

Offline Malamis

• Leading Rate
  • M
« Reply #328 on: February 27, 2010, 03:08:57 PM »
Quote from: "SamuraiProgrammer"
When I chose Miscellaneous | Compact database, the program crashed.

snap
Error 429
"activeX component cannot create object"

Windows XP

Offline Another

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #329 on: February 28, 2010, 12:17:25 AM »
Quote from: "Malamis"
Quote from: "SamuraiProgrammer"
When I chose Miscellaneous | Compact database, the program crashed.

snap
Error 429
"activeX component cannot create object"

Windows XP

I am sure that you should install Microsoft Office Access to get rid of this error. If it was indeed the issue - please, tell us.