Author Topic: v5.0 Bugs Thread (no longer current)  (Read 10467 times)

Offline Laurence

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
Re: Official v5.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2010, 02:50:45 PM »
Quote from: "SteveAlt"
NPRs were not suffering fire delays after transiting a jump point. Fixed for v5.02

Steve

Ah, I was wondering why my slobs always took forever to open fire but the enemy didn't.  I figured I was just wasn't trained up enough.  :D

Offline Shadow

• Commander
  • Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2010, 04:02:11 PM »
Quote from: "SteveAlt"
Quote from: "Shadow"
By the way, I apologize if I'm reporting stuff that's actually working as designed, but I'm too much of a newbie to realize. :oops:

Some guys at the Bay12 forums think the reason my relations with the Kalugans haven't deteriorated after my invasion is that the aliens didn't have any sensor equipment on the planet, so couldn't identify the attacking force before they were wiped out.
If it was ground combat only, that might be the problem. I think I added hostility checks to ship combat and planetary bombardment but I may have missed ground combat.

Steve
Yeah, it was only ground combat. I unloaded two full brigades on my side of the planet (Oasis) while both of us had a Neutral stance towards each other, and then I changed to Hostile and ordered the attack. The Kalugans were still Neutral for sometime after my victory, but at some point they switched their stance to Hostile. Maybe they found out about the attack, or they were simply reciprocating my own change of stance (given the relations were still around +90).

I think I've found something else, too, maybe related to my ghost diplomatic team. I encountered another species recently, a hostile encounter that led to the destruction of my scout ship, and made the relations plummet to around -185. That's fine, but I assigned a diplomatic team to that race (V1581 Cygni Aliens #989) so that I could at least learn their official name. After several fruitless attempts, I gave up and unassigned the team, whose leader was the same as the ghost one's (which still showed up in the Diplomacy screen, with a rating of 0). Thing is, I keep receiving communication attempt reports every 5 days, even though there's no team assigned to those aliens anymore.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2010, 11:50:17 PM »
You don´t need a diplomatic team to try to learn their language.
This work is done by xenolinguists at your homeworld, analysing the <messages/broadcasts/tv/radio/whatever> your <scouts/listning devices/deep cover moles/you name it> are picking up. And yes, all of this is abstracted and will be running in the background.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2010, 12:07:58 PM »
V5.01  Database does have changes to tech table.  Turret tracking speeds and cost, Gauss Cannon sizes, velocities, and rate of fire.  Nothing laser related.

Just had an NPR 'bombard' one of my PDC's with lasers and do damage.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2010, 08:17:27 PM »
One of my NPRs seems to be hitting a rough spot.  I'm getting "Error in CreateDesign" "Error 3201 was generated by DAO.Recordset" "You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'TechSystem'"

Background:  I was toodling along using automated 1-day updates, 17 years into my conventional start with 1 NPR (5.01).  On the 5th day of an update cycle, Aurora hung (or at least took more than an hour :-) ).  I ctrl-c'd out, restored the DB from the previous econ update, ran the 4 1-days that worked, saved the DB, then dropped to 20minute increments for the day that hung.  It worked its way through the hang, but then gave the error mentioned above (probably about a dozen times) - this was last night.  Using SM and designer mode, I saw that one of my NPR had run out of minerals and was having mineral shortages, so today I restored to the preceding DB, gave all the NPR lots of all minerals, and ran the 1-day update again.  It didn't hang this time, but still gave the 3201 error above.  I'll zip up the DB and send it to you (Steve) - I'm planning to play on.

[pause for 5-day update]  Ok, I just advanced through another econ update and everything seems to be ok

John

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2010, 12:09:06 PM »
Same modified database.  V5.01  Real Stars with Sol system.

The game has 6 races on Earth,  Player race plus 5 TN NPR's.  I've intiated hostile activities between the player race (North American Repubic) and 1 NPR (Russian Federation).  

The "war" has been going for about 2 years since I discovered that the NAR lacked enough ground combat strength to force the RF to surrender.  Currently avoiding bombardment of the RF, instead waiting while building up the ground forces to be strong enough to finish the job.  

Issues so far
    1) From time to time the Russian shipyard appears to be trailing Earth by some 145m km.  

2) Destroyed PDC's launch lifeboats and leave wreckage in solar orbit.  The last I thought had been correct a couple of versions ago, am I mis-remembering?

3) Russian beam armed ships are able to engage my PDC's on Earth.  Is this a correct function for NPR's?

4) Currently only the Russians are hostile.  Contacts filter on the Sol System Display is set to hostile only.  Contacts list, both system display(F2) and combat overview (F8) show all contacts in system.  
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Journier

• J
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2010, 12:58:47 PM »
Getting the following errors in a new game ive tried. It maybe linked to difficulty of NPR's?

using difficulty 200% and 190% and i keep getting the following errors. my first game i had 5 npr's at system generation and i got 5 get wealth errors. now i have 1 and get 1 get wealth error.

Error in UpdateWealth
Error3421 was generated by DAO.Field
Data type conversion error.

Error in getpopulationsignature
error 6 was generated by aurora
overflow

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2010, 04:50:30 PM »
Steve
Just had Aurora hang for 2.5+ hours, when I terminated the program and restarted it was at a point it should have exited the continuous turn process, but hadn't. I had the program hang yesterday for a similar time, so not an isolated incident. I have sent you the database. Sorry if it’s a wild goose chase.

Edit. May be linked to increments of 40 seconds.

Regards
IanD

Offline kongxinga

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • k
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2010, 09:02:00 PM »
I am getting these 2 errors each time I pass the time. This is 5.01, and I was messing with SM mod a bit, so it may have messed up the game.

Error in UpdateWealth.
Error 11 was generated by Aurora.
Division by Zero.

Error in CreateNPRTeam
Error 3421 was generated bu DAO.Field
Data type conversion error.

The exact messing around is adding a few more systems from the game info page, fast OOBing some ships, and mineral cheating to support the insane amount of maintenance needed for my 500 new ships.

The UpdateWealth error is a frequent one that pops up in several versions.

Offline Blades

• Leading Rate
  • B
« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2010, 11:40:51 AM »
I dont see a 5.01 bug thread
(New user installed 5.01 seems to be working fine)
First game (low tech) fine, made neeb mistakes. Used SM to add techs to figure what i really needed. Started over.
2nd game (high tech) studied the tech.
3rd game (low tech) my ICBM PDC missle bases are now called class tribal (not by me) and each give an event that they are out of fuel every month.
After finishing Trans-newtonion and adjusting research, shipyard & industy tasks (and finished a finacial centre & added a slipway) (17 months into the game) i got:
Error in CalculaetRefitCost
Error 3021 by DAO.Field
No current record.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2010, 12:16:17 PM »
Quote from: "Blades"
I dont see a 5.01 bug thread
(New user installed 5.01 seems to be working fine)
First game (low tech) fine, made neeb mistakes. Used SM to add techs to figure what i really needed. Started over.
2nd game (high tech) studied the tech.
3rd game (low tech) my ICBM PDC missle bases are now called class tribal (not by me) and each give an event that they are out of fuel every month.
After finishing Trans-newtonion and adjusting research, shipyard & industy tasks (and finished a finacial centre & added a slipway) (17 months into the game) i got:
Error in CalculaetRefitCost
Error 3021 by DAO.Field
No current record.
Was that a one-off error message or is it popping up regularly? And just to ask the obvious :), were you doing anything with regard to refits when the error popped up?

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2010, 12:18:58 PM »
Quote from: "IanD"
Still recovering unknown and unknowable components from wrecks! Saw this in 4.91

[attachment=0:1t84n9e1]Tech Download 2.jpg[/attachment:1t84n9e1]

Regards
I am doing some salvaging in my own game at the moment so I should be able to track this problem down if it appears

Steve

Offline Journier

• J
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2010, 12:48:29 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "Journier"
1x

Error in CheckAvailableWorkers
Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow

ask me about any settings I may have please, nothing i did was really out of the ordinary :/

2x

Error in NPRPopPlanning
Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow
How large a population does your race have at the moment?

Steve

IIRC it had 400 million.
whatever 400 counts for in this game is what i was starting with.

ETA-

Just checked and the errors are occurring with 800+ million pop on earth... but yea. here is the database file

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5151869/Aurora%20Succession1.rar

Offline Blades

• Leading Rate
  • B
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2010, 12:43:57 PM »
Was that a one-off error message or is it popping up regularly? And just to ask the obvious , were you doing anything with regard to refits when the error popped up?

once only (so far). Have not refit anything yet, but played with the ship design and might have done so by accident if that is where it is done.

I did delete my first game and made my third game with the same name. So it might be something left in the database.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2010, 01:45:49 PM »
Quote from: "Blades"
Did you design a class (in F5 screen) that you decided to call tribal?  If so, what probably happened is that you unlocked the PDC design and started editing it (rather than making a new/copied class to edit).

John