Author Topic: v5.0 Bugs Thread (no longer current)  (Read 10480 times)

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Official v5.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 11:05:47 PM »
Quote from: "Nabobalis"
Still getting the Error in ReturnTimeCurrency Error 6 Overflow. When I tell my second ship to jump through a JP I get this error. I set up the first ship to go through a JP and received no error.

It seems to arise when the velocity of the TG is set to 1. If I set it to max the error is gone.

That's a known issue, arising from the fact that the time to complete orders (which is tracked in seconds) at speed 1 km/s is a number larger that can be held in a currency type variable.  The only 'bug fix' is to increase speed or live with it.

Offline lastverb

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • l
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2010, 04:32:39 AM »
Quote from: "Kurt"
I thought I was having the same problem, but eventually realized that the conditions for creating NPR's were much more limited than I originally realized.  

First off, NPR's are only potentially created for systems discovered during warp point exploration.  Any other system generation route will not create NPR's.  Secondly, the planets must have fairly limited conditions before an NPR will be checked for, and this was where I went wrong.  I originally thought that if a planet had an oxygen or methane atmosphere then that was enough to assume that the conditions were right for the creation of the NPR.  The truth is that a lot of other environmental conditions have to be satisified before the program will check for NPR generation.  

I eventually did start discovering NPR's in my campaign.  I obviously can't speak for your campaign.  If I were you I'd find out exactly what the environmental conditions are that are necessary for NPR generation, and then compare those to the worlds where you think an NPR should have been generated.  If there are still worlds that meet those conditions and don't have NPR's, and you had the chance set to 100%, then obviously something is wrong.  

Kurt
I told - i was using sensor survey ships - normal exploaration way. I know conditions confirmed by steve - those wrote in hint ingame (oxy 0.07 - 0.4, temp -40 - 60, grav 0.4 - 2.5, no ruins). on other pc i got expected effect - npr on nearly every planet in those ranges, but not on this pc.

Offline Greiger

• Leading Rate
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2010, 11:01:55 AM »
A cosmetic bug here.  When you lose contact with a Thermal or EM hit on an alien population it doesn't say what the contact that was lost was associated with.

Example from a ship passing by a friendly colony
Code: [Select]
6th December 2028 05:30:46,Val Alorn,Population Detected! EM Signature 21675  Race ID: Tarkan Empire
8th December 2028 05:30:46,Val Alorn,Population Detected! Thermal Signature  7115  Race ID: Tarkan Empire
9th December 2028 23:30:46,Val Alorn,A strength-7115 thermal contact associated with  has been lost

Also there appears to be an error with orders for a tanker ship to refuel a target fleet.  Unfortunately it happened while my internet was down and I don't recall the error message, but it didn't stop the refueling.  I'll try to reproduce it and post an edit with the info if it happens again.

Edit: Got it. That didn't take as long as I expected, seems easily reproducible, just order a tanker to 'refuel target fleet'.
Error in RefuelFleet
Error 438 was generated by Aurora
Object doesn't support this property or method
Please report...

Offline kongxinga

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • k
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2010, 01:15:45 PM »
I am trying to increment time, but every pulse or so an error pops up that says "No Jump gate construction capability for fleet." THe program does this every pulse, and I have to clikc it away for it to just pop up again.

Along with the previous error, another error, to the tune of "GetWealth: Division by zero" sometimes pops up too. These 2 errors are making it hell to pass the time in Aurora.

Nabobalis

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2010, 02:51:22 PM »
Quote from: "Father Tim"
Still getting the Error in ReturnTimeCurrency Error 6 Overflow. When I tell my second ship to jump through a JP I get this error. I set up the first ship to go through a JP and received no error.

It seems to arise when the velocity of the TG is set to 1. If I set it to max the error is gone.

That's a known issue, arising from the fact that the time to complete orders (which is tracked in seconds) at speed 1 km/s is a number larger that can be held in a currency type variable.  The only 'bug fix' is to increase speed or live with it.

Yeah its fine, but when you don't know what was causing it, it can get annoying :P

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2010, 03:17:14 PM »
Quote from: "kongxinga"
I am trying to increment time, but every pulse or so an error pops up that says "No Jump gate construction capability for fleet." THe program does this every pulse, and I have to clikc it away for it to just pop up again.

Did you send a fleet to a jump point with "Construct Gate" orders?

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2010, 04:49:52 PM »
Minor bug. Salvaged some wrecks, recovered some tech, but there was a significant difference in what was downloaded to Earth! The extra tech was most welcome :)

[attachment=0:2hoqk71i]Tech Download.jpg[/attachment:2hoqk71i]

Regards
IanD

Offline Vanigo

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2010, 08:51:25 PM »
Quote from: "IanD"
Minor bug. Salvaged some wrecks, recovered some tech, but there was a significant difference in what was downloaded to Earth! The extra tech was most welcome :)
You sure you didn't just miss picking up the fire control speed data? The other two techs add up correctly.

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2010, 12:40:32 AM »
When I assign a Task Group to another Task Force, it resets to the Fleet Headquarters Task Force (Except for PDC's which seem to reassign ok)

Matt
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2010, 03:00:44 AM »
Quote from: "Vanigo"
You sure you didn't just miss picking up the fire control speed data? The other two techs add up correctly.

I am sure I didn't miss it I saw all the minerals recovered for all eight wrecks over the two systems, first system had two wrecks in it, no tech recovered, second system had six wrecks and I recovered all the tech off of those wrecks, nothing about fire control speed data.

As an aside, I miss not having to scan for the wrecks, I would have prefered that once detected the wreck location was permanetly mapped, made those 50 space sensors even more useful. :)

Regards
IanD

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2010, 06:20:14 AM »
Quote from: "lastverb"
I told - i was using sensor survey ships - normal exploaration way. I know conditions confirmed by steve - those wrote in hint ingame (oxy 0.07 - 0.4, temp -40 - 60, grav 0.4 - 2.5, no ruins). on other pc i got expected effect - npr on nearly every planet in those ranges, but not on this pc.
If it is working on one PC it should work fine on the other. The Aurora code isn't even aware of the specs of the PC on which it is running so a different PC won't affect what happens in the game. Try changing it to 100% again and make sure you press the Save button on the game window.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2010, 06:33:09 AM »
Quote from: "IanD"
I have had a look through the code but I can't see anything obvious. I'll put some breakpoints in to watch for this in my own game though. The difference seems to be the 320 point for fire control tech. Is it possible this was discovered in an earlier wreck but not downloaded because the Salvage ship hadn't visited a system with research facilities?

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2010, 06:36:24 AM »
Quote from: "kongxinga"

Along with the previous error, another error, to the tune of "GetWealth: Division by zero" sometimes pops up too. These 2 errors are making it hell to pass the time in Aurora.
The first one sounds like you have assigned a ship to build a jump gate but it can't for some reason. Check all your fleet orders to see if that is the case. The second one is going to be harder to figure out. I don't have a function in Aurora called GetWealth so could you check the title bar of the error box to see if it has the function name. I have a GetWealthData function but that doesn't have any division.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2010, 07:19:08 AM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
In both 5.0 and 5.01: I'm hitting a hang.

'Twas a conventional start.  No ships yet.  I'm about 6 years in.  I was doing 1-day increments; it dropped to a 40-second update, then 5 45-second updates, then it hung, so I assume it's something to do with NPR combat.

I've already sent the DB to your e-mail.

EDIT: Ok, I played through the hang.  It looks like the precursors were fighting an NPR, and somehow the steps coming from 1-day updates were too big.  This was probably to be expected, since the fact that the updates went from 1-day to 45 seconds is an indication that someone got into detection range much too quickly - it should have been something like 1-day to ~1-hour to ~1-minute.  I ran up to the increment that hung without auto-moves on, then instead of giving 1-day updates, I gave it enough 5-second updates to get past the hang.  I then gave it 2-minute updates for a while (until the missiles fired by the precursor had hit and the combat was over) then move up to 20-minutes, and now everything seems fine.

So I take two lessons from this:

1)  Save often - fortunately I had just saved due to moving from 5.0 to 5.01 (just in case :)

EDIT: BTW, none of the above checks take place during 5 second increments, which is why you could step through it.

Steve

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2010, 08:15:55 AM »
Creating a task force from the naval organization screen. Level is called "1st Geo", creates a TF called "1st". Level called "1st Grav" creates a TF called "1st".