Author Topic: Official v5.02 Bugs Thread  (Read 18797 times)

Offline rubberduck

• Leading Rate
  • r
Re: Official v5.02 Patch Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2010, 05:04:59 PM »
Under naval organization I stored a branch, and then tried to "Move Stored" to a sub-branch of the very same branch. That gave me an "Error 3014 was generated by DAO.DAtabase". Every time I press OK, it just pops up again, so it might also be stuck in a loop or something.

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2010, 06:15:23 AM »
In the F3 system map, I zoom in to a certain level then I get a DisplayStars error - however once I click through the error everything displays fine.  I unclicked "Show Hyper Limit" and the error went away.

Offline mavikfelna

• Lieutenant
    • http://www.geocities.com/mavikfelna
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2010, 12:32:07 PM »
You can place 4 Engineering Brigades under a Brigade HQ. Not sure if this is intended or not, but Engineering Brigades already include an inherent HQ judging by the size of the unit.

--Mav

Offline Commodore_Areyar

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • I will format your cruiser!
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2010, 02:28:52 PM »
I saw various bugreports to do with abandoning colonies, I just abandoned a colony created by a surveyteam on one of my moons and get this error.

error 3420 in cmdDelete_Click :
generated by DAO.recordset
object in valid or no longer set

It won't be clicked away.
After a ctr-alt-del restart, the colony is abandoned as it should be, so probably not reproducable but it might hint at something.

Areyar

edit: confirming shipyard addtask button behaviour in 5.02, selecting (but not adding) a different shipyard task in the pulldown menu makes the button available again
add task: no job makes the button un-grey for a fraction of a second, but is not selectable.
AS far as I can tell, the button greyed out after adding a job (add slideway) to the SY when a ship was being built. The first retool job does not cause the greyout..
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 06:58:05 PM by Commodore_Areyar »
images of planets etc

Offline Shadow

• Commander
  • Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2010, 02:37:22 PM »
Quote from: "Shadow"
Found something else: can't rename some components using the Technology screen (I don't know how else, after they're designed). So far I can't give non-default names to magazines nor EM sensors in those circumstances. I wouldn't be surprised if other component types were affected as well.

EDIT: And by the way, I can also confirm the greyed-out Add Task button bug. Playing a game started in 5.01 and continued in 5.02.
Gauss cannons can't be renamed after being researched, either. :|

Offline Arwyn

• Gold Supporter
  • Commander
  • A
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2010, 09:49:33 PM »
Got this last night and tonight;

Error 35602 was generated by Nodes
Key is not unique in collection

I am getting this in the middle of a fight with two NPR AMM cruisers. Each is lobbing 33 Anti-Missiles each at my fleet and every volley is producing this error multiple times.

*Edit*
I just noticed that I am also seeing multiple new task groups for the same damaged ship being created when the AMMs impact. I have four different Task Group Albany for the same damaged BC.

Offline Shadow

• Commander
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2010, 10:33:25 PM »
Contracts-related bug. I've been using civilian companies to transfer several terraforming installations between two of my colonies, and even though the transportation's successful, the contracts don't decrease in number of items supplied/demanded.

Infrastructure contracts weren't affected by this glitch, nor were automated mine ones, but I don't know about other buildings.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2010, 12:04:22 AM »
On the Parasites/Missiles tab of the Unit (F6) screen, clicking on "Population" (to replenish magazines from the population) when the ship is not in orbit of a population throws an error and empties the magazines - I suspect that the missiles are destroyed.

John

Offline theonlystd

• Chief Petty Officer
  • t
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2010, 11:44:12 AM »
Getting the greyed out add task on the shipyards issue. Started a new game didnt help

Offline Shadow

• Commander
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2010, 10:23:56 PM »
Quote from: "theonlystd"
Getting the greyed out add task on the shipyards issue. Started a new game didnt help
For the time being, that can be worked around by choosing some shipyard action (add slipway, capacity, or nothing at all) from the corresponding drop-down menu. That re-enables the other section's Add Task button, at least for one click. Repeat as necessary.

Offline Commodore_Areyar

• I will format your cruiser!
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2010, 11:16:22 PM »
OWch!
Accidentally clicked the 'replace all' button in SM officerscreen...

The bug I want to report is that research projects are not cancelled, leaving them busy at 0RP under leadership of --- (100%)
It is a quiet bug and only an issue if messing things up in SM,  but I thought I'd mention it nevertheless.
images of planets etc

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2010, 12:08:26 AM »
I strongly suspect there's a bug in trade relations with NPR.

The Kruger Republic granted me Trade Access recently.  My civies loaded up with furs and headed for the Kruger homeworld.  They recently got within range of the Kruger homeworld, and started noticing Kruger ships with actives on.  Now I just got a message that the Krugers revoked my trade access - looking at the diplomacy screen they're now showing up as "hostile" towards me.  I assume that the active sensors were picking up my civies, and hadn't gotten the word that they'd filled out the paperwork properly, and so thought that it was an invasion fleet :-)  (i.e. I suspect that they're being hit by the "active contact in populated system" penalty).  Note that I've got a 230-point diplomatic team assigned to them, so relations shouldn't be going south on they're own....

This seems to be a biggy - it will prevent my civies from trading with the Krugers, while at the same time I know of no way to keep them from doing so.  Any chance of getting it fixed in 5.03?

John

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2010, 12:29:05 AM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
I strongly suspect there's a bug in trade relations with NPR.

The Kruger Republic granted me Trade Access recently.  My civies loaded up with furs and headed for the Kruger homeworld.  They recently got within range of the Kruger homeworld, and started noticing Kruger ships with actives on.  Now I just got a message that the Krugers revoked my trade access - looking at the diplomacy screen they're now showing up as "hostile" towards me.  I assume that the active sensors were picking up my civies, and hadn't gotten the word that they'd filled out the paperwork properly, and so thought that it was an invasion fleet :-)  (i.e. I suspect that they're being hit by the "active contact in populated system" penalty).  Note that I've got a 230-point diplomatic team assigned to them, so relations shouldn't be going south on they're own....

This seems to be a biggy - it will prevent my civies from trading with the Krugers, while at the same time I know of no way to keep them from doing so.  Any chance of getting it fixed in 5.03?

John

Darn, I´d better stop that JG-builder from compleating the route to the Council of Uaxacan homeworld. (This would also explain why the Giausar Imperium blew up one of my freighters (Same as with your game: Granted trade access, frighters fly in, access canceled, frighter blown away and now being hostile))
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Journier

• J
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2010, 01:00:17 AM »
changing your difficulty modifier once the game is made in the first menu before you begin the game doesnt work.

You can change it start game and when you next reload the game afterwards its back to the original amount.....

For example.

Started a game at 100% difficulty.

I wanted to change it to 200% and it changed and i started the game, but when I exited and restarted it was back to 100%.

Is it even changing when i change it to 200% and play the game?

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2010, 06:55:46 AM »
Quote from: "Journier"
changing your difficulty modifier once the game is made in the first menu before you begin the game doesnt work.

You can change it start game and when you next reload the game afterwards its back to the original amount.....

For example.

Started a game at 100% difficulty.

I wanted to change it to 200% and it changed and i started the game, but when I exited and restarted it was back to 100%.

Is it even changing when i change it to 200% and play the game?
Are you saving the change.  There is a button at the bottom left of the screen that saves any changes made here.

Brian