Author Topic: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 26403 times)

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
Re: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2010, 01:49:28 PM »
My Stealth frigates has found an Alien (probable an Precursors ship) ship around a moon,and at first contact this are the messagge:

Code: [Select]
29th January 2115 22:32:21,Gliese 408,An alien ship in orbit of Gliese 408-A VI - Moon 5 is emitting significant radiation. Planetary Radiation Level is now 37092
Now,every turn the same messagge return in every log event.
With or without a our human ships presence in same Stellar System

Offline ndkid

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • n
« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2010, 02:01:43 PM »
Error in CreateGameLog

Error 76 was generated by Aurora
Path not found

I get this every few 30-day turns in my newest conventional start game... The only interesting thing that occurred before was my attempt to delete my previous game has been met with separate errors.

Offline mfaggi

• Leading Rate
  • m
« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2010, 04:44:25 PM »
I found another, very minor, plasma torpedo related bug:
in the industry tab of the pop/prod window for missiles i can "build" torpedoes (called PT32/80000/8 in my case) for zero cost, size 32.
when the production gets calculated, an "error 11" division by zero in industrialprojects appears.

Offline oleg

• Petty Officer
Re: Error 3075 CheckWPDiscovery
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2010, 04:39:23 PM »
[attachment=2:1xcpl0hm]Error 3075.jpg[/attachment:1xcpl0hm]

Error 3075 CheckWPDiscovery

Hello,

I  get this error after I send out my first grav survey ship. All jump points were directly found after giving survey orders. Okaying will continue the game but next increment same thing happens.

Thanks,

Oleg

PS Although I'm still in my early campaign years and haven't seen serious action yet, it's just like harpoon and sc4 back in the days :-)
[attachment=0:1xcpl0hm]Error 91.jpg[/attachment:1xcpl0hm]
[attachment=1:1xcpl0hm]Error 3077.jpg[/attachment:1xcpl0hm]

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2010, 05:27:44 PM »
Oleg check your regional settings it looks like you are using , as the numerical seprator rather than . this can break VB programs like aurora so it looks like a problem with your pc setup rather than a bug in aurora

Offline oleg

• Petty Officer
« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2010, 03:19:59 AM »
Yes, it was. I completely forgot about making those changes yesterday, I was testing some different things and had to switch to dutch settings.

Thanks

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #171 on: July 25, 2010, 02:18:57 PM »
I created two races for use in combat tests in the Sol System. since then all their ships have been destroyed or removed, they have no populations and so far as I can tell not installations of any kind. Yet these two races keep detecting ships moving around the sol system, I have no idea how they are managing it.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #172 on: July 28, 2010, 03:54:17 AM »
Quote from: "Andrew"
I created two races for use in combat tests in the Sol System. since then all their ships have been destroyed or removed, they have no populations and so far as I can tell not installations of any kind. Yet these two races keep detecting ships moving around the sol system, I have no idea how they are managing it.
That does sound odd. I assume as you created them you can confirm the lack of populations and ships in the F2 and F6 windows? Any buoys or missiles with onboard sensors? Also, how long since the last alien was destroyed?

You should be able to solve the problem by deleting those races in the Race window (Ctrl-F2).

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2010, 03:56:15 AM »
Quote from: "waresky"
My Stealth frigates has found an Alien (probable an Precursors ship) ship around a moon,and at first contact this are the messagge:

Code: [Select]
29th January 2115 22:32:21,Gliese 408,An alien ship in orbit of Gliese 408-A VI - Moon 5 is emitting significant radiation. Planetary Radiation Level is now 37092
Now,every turn the same messagge return in every log event.
With or without a our human ships presence in same Stellar System
Is this causing shortened increments or it is just appearing as a message in every increment, regardless of length?

Steve

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #174 on: July 28, 2010, 04:08:29 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
That does sound odd. I assume as you created them you can confirm the lack of populations and ships in the F2 and F6 windows? Any buoys or missiles with onboard sensors? Also, how long since the last alien was destroyed?

You should be able to solve the problem by deleting those races in the Race window (Ctrl-F2).

Steve
Defeinetly no ships or populations, The last ship was destroyed several months ago , no missiles or Bouys remaining or life pods. There are some wrecks which used to be ships of one of the races. It seems they are mainly detecting civilian ships so it could be transponders they are tracking. I had forgotten about the Race window and will get rid of them with that

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #175 on: July 28, 2010, 04:11:02 AM »
Quote from: "mfaggi"
I found another, very minor, plasma torpedo related bug:
in the industry tab of the pop/prod window for missiles i can "build" torpedoes (called PT32/80000/8 in my case) for zero cost, size 32.
when the production gets calculated, an "error 11" division by zero in industrialprojects appears.
Fixed for v5.20

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #176 on: July 28, 2010, 04:15:24 AM »
Defeinetly no ships or populations, The last ship was destroyed several months ago , no missiles or Bouys remaining or life pods. There are some wrecks which used to be ships of one of the races. It seems they are mainly detecting civilian ships so it could be transponders they are tracking. I had forgotten about the Race window and will get rid of them with that
Good suggestion about the transponders - that sounds like a possibility. As far as I can tell from the code, transponders are detected if the detecting race has at least one sensor in the system. I am not sure why the sensor list would have a phantom sensor though. Also, I guess if that was the problem, any race would be detecting transponder signals from any system they have visited in the past though and that isn't happening. I'll give it some more thought.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #177 on: July 28, 2010, 04:22:05 AM »
Hello everyone, this is my first post, so i hope i am using the right thread, i am using v5.14...

I have been playing 2091, and after defeating a lot of invaders i salvaged their technology.
Suddenly, after salvaging a CIWS (and getting Gauss Cannon Rate of Fire 2 and a Turret tracking Speed level), i did get some errors, which i unfortunately do not remember. After that i notice that all of my active research isnt showing anymore on the research screen in the population and production window, and all research labs are "avaiable" again.
The summary tab did not show anything anymore, but the industry tab still worked, so i restarted the game and now Earth is gone (just as if i had abandoned it).

Sorry that i did not really read the eroors, but i have the stevefire.mdb if you want it...

Otherwise a great game, thanks for your hard work!
Any errors you see can be retrieved on the Events window. Click the Show Errors checkbox in the top right of the window and check the date in the event list when the error occurred.

It sounds like the population on Earth was abandoned, as if you had used the Abandon button on the F2 window. If that was the case, it may be that is was gone before the restart. Did you try closing and opening the F2 window before restarting the program or did you go straight to a restart? It may be that the salvaging is a red herring and not related to the disappearance of Earth as I can't see a connection code-wise between the two.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #178 on: July 28, 2010, 04:25:32 AM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
Hi everyone!

I am using v5.14 and for the first time tried to use my newly aquired plasma torpedoes, only to find out that they do not seem to work.
I can fire them, but they seem to only run for 5 seconds, then run out of endurance and get destroyed.
They also seem to be unable to hit, even if the firing ship and the target sit on top of each other, and they are doing 80000000km/s instead of 80000km/s, which they should do.
I don't know what the root cause is but the lack of endurance could be due to the erroneous speed.  If Aurora is trying to calculate the firing using 80 000 000 km/s as the torpedo speed then it would only take 0.32 of a second for the torpedo to reach its maximum range.  The FTL torpedo speed may well be the cause of the to hit errors as well.
Good guess. The design for player-created PTs is being saved with the speed 1000x higher than it should be. Oops! Fixed for v5.20. In the meantime, for those players with access to the database, the fix is to go into the Missiles table and correct the speed for the plasma torpedo.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #179 on: July 28, 2010, 04:55:42 AM »
Quote from: "Brian"
This is a bug I have noticed before.  I reasearched the small craft eccm-2, but it does not have an entry in the F5 screen so I can not build it in of my ships.  I also checked and it is not available for my factories to produce either
The problem is that while there is a tech research record for Small Craft ECCM-2, it turns out there isn't a matching ship component record. Which means the game doesn't believe it exists :(. I have added the missing record to v5.20. If you want to try correcting this for v5.14, you will have to select and copy the small craft ECCM-1 record in the ShipDesignComponents table and use Paste Append from the Edit menu to create a new record. Then modify the record to change the value of the following fields:

ID: 26365
Cost: 30
ComponentValue: 20
Corbomite: 30

Steve