Author Topic: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 26633 times)

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
Re: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2010, 03:20:10 PM »
Version 5.14:
Error in GenerateSystem: Error 3265 generated by DAO.fields.  Item not in this collection.  Has only occured once so far and was caused by a NPR not me.
Welchbloke

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2010, 06:04:24 PM »
Regarding my Jump Gate module error above, I have more on this.

After transferring the module magically back to earth, it still had 0xJump Gate module.  I clicked Disassemble, and it went to -1xJump Gate...and continued counting down -2 etc.  I finally scrapped it and then it went away.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2010, 06:22:27 PM »
Quote from: "James Patten"
Regarding my Jump Gate module error above, I have more on this.

After transferring the module magically back to earth, it still had 0xJump Gate module.  I clicked Disassemble, and it went to -1xJump Gate...and continued counting down -2 etc.  I finally scrapped it and then it went away.

I think that this is known issue and is to do with the size of the module itself and the fact that the Access database can not handle the small fraction value that is produced when it is broken down into chunks for transport. I think it was rounding the fraction to such an extent as to make it never equal 1 again

Did you happen to copy the DB at any stage? May be an option to send it to Steve so he can have a look, I think he was trying to convert the data types for certain fields so they would handle the large components.

Offline laz

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2010, 10:43:29 AM »
Oh no for some reason I can't get Aurora to start up I get this error message

Error 3343 was generated by DAO.Workspace

Unrecognised database format e:\documents and settings\All Users\Aurora\Stevefire.mbd

After I click ok I then get this

Error in updateGameLog
Error 91 was generated by Aurora

Object Variable or With Black Variable not set

This keeps coming up over and over won't let me get to the main choose game menu Hope I haven't lost my game It's been going for 125 years

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2010, 04:59:18 AM »
Quote from: "laz"

Unrecognised database format e:\documents and settings\All Users\Aurora\Stevefire.mbd

Error in updateGameLog

This keeps coming up over and over won't let me get to the main choose game menu Hope I haven't lost my game It's been going for 125 years

You didn't just upgrade to 5.14, did you?  If you did you need to update the data base.

If that's not it, it sounds like your DB is corrupt - maybe it's gone above the size limit (2Gb?).  I would save the bad database in case Steve wants to take a look at it, then go back to a previous saved version.  You have been making backup copies of the DB, right?  (See this thread for details viewtopic.php?f=100&t=2124)

John

PS - If you respond to this post, please do so in a thread in The Academy - we try to keep the back-and-forth noise out of the bugs thread.

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2010, 05:06:35 AM »
This is not quite a bug but may be unintended.
I have found an intact city ruin with about 1300 installations and for the last 15 years my engineers have been working away. The race building the city where TL4 , however by recovering automated mines and construction factories I have maxed out my construction rate and Mining rate which is considerably more than 4 levels of tech.

Offline Elvin

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2010, 02:03:51 PM »

This might be a very simple typo on your part, but it should be .mdb, not mbd.

Nabobalis

« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2010, 11:23:40 AM »
The map becomes very slow when I enable Max weapon range(ships) or the option underneath.

5.14 with a conventional start with Missile bases. Nothing else plus haven't done a turn yet.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2010, 04:21:11 PM »
5.14 - First automated commander assignments (24 months) and all of my research projects lost their scientists.  Also, all of my naval commanders have lost their history prior to the automated assigment.  2 of my commanders have lost the medals that they were awarded.
Edited to add: It looks like the 'Replace All' function has been run.  Don't know how that happened..... I certainly didn't do it  :?
Welchbloke

Offline Samorin

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2010, 04:47:46 PM »
v5.14
I had a stable wormhole appear in Sol. After some time three ships appeared and started ramming my ships. Then one of them reached earth, and rammed and destroyed my PDC. Maybe I am wrong and this is intended to work on PDCs. But I thought from the forum stories that PDCs are bases on the surface of the planet and I can't really imagine how that should work, except maybe by crash landing on the PDC.

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2010, 07:24:06 PM »
It does not appear that I can change the Task Group that my fleet belongs to (version 5.14).  For instance I created a Survey Command TG, then moved my Survey Taskforce to it.  I even moved the command for that group to the survey group flagship.  However when I return to the F12 Fleet window, the Survey TF has gone back to Fleet Headquarters TG.

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2010, 10:14:36 PM »
Quote from: "James Patten"
It does not appear that I can change the Task Group that my fleet belongs to (version 5.14).  For instance I created a Survey Command TG, then moved my Survey Taskforce to it.  I even moved the command for that group to the survey group flagship.  However when I return to the F12 Fleet window, the Survey TF has gone back to Fleet Headquarters TG.

This problem has been around for awhile, look back at page 5 of this thread and you will find the work around

Matt
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2010, 10:54:47 AM »
Quote from: "laz"

Error in updateGameLog

Not seen this one before. Firstly just check that the error message does indeed read Stevefire.mbd. and not Stevefire.mdb. It does, then you might have inadvertently changed the file extension of the db and you can just change it back. Let me know if that was the problem.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2010, 10:58:36 AM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
5.14 - First automated commander assignments (24 months) and all of my research projects lost their scientists.  Also, all of my naval commanders have lost their history prior to the automated assigment.  2 of my commanders have lost the medals that they were awarded.
Edited to add: It looks like the 'Replace All' function has been run.  Don't know how that happened..... I certainly didn't do it  :?
The only place the ReplaceOfficerCorps function is called is behind that button. Although if you had inadvertently pressed it, you would have seen a popup asking how many years worth of officers you wanted. Has anything else weird happened? Can you tell if the replacement of the officer corps happened at the time of the assignment update or was that just the first tiome you noticed a problem?

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2010, 11:00:24 AM »
Quote from: "Andrew"
This is not quite a bug but may be unintended.
I have found an intact city ruin with about 1300 installations and for the last 15 years my engineers have been working away. The race building the city where TL4 , however by recovering automated mines and construction factories I have maxed out my construction rate and Mining rate which is considerably more than 4 levels of tech.
As you say, it isn't a bug but not really intended either. This is due to the change I made allowing all installation recoveries to affect tech. I probably need to either cap the tech or reduce the chance.

Steve