Author Topic: The Encouragement of Debate Resolution  (Read 2492 times)

Offline areyoua (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • a
Re: (The) Encouragement of Debate Bill
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 06:50:40 PM »
No offense is taken, Senator Winston, and your concerns are real. Therefore, I will refrain from posting a poll, and request that the Speaker make the call to vote with a copy of the bill in the poll.

George Payne
Infrastructure Minister

Offline areyoua (OP)

• a
Re: (The) Encouragement of Debate Resolution
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 03:25:55 PM »
I do believe that the bill has passed, and quite easily I might add at a 5-0 vote when polls closed, so I have edited the title and I would like to congratulate everyone who had a hand in getting this momentous act to its final copy and also those who helped get this act passed.

George Payne
Infrastructure Minister

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
Re: The Encouragement of Debate Resolution
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 12:35:57 AM »
[ooc]All we need now is Detjen to write in the Charter, although i think some of the concerns could be stripped out, they are not very charter minded, but then again that might ba a bad precedent too. I leave it to Detjen to decide.[/ooc]

Offline Detjen

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 03:22:37 AM »
OOC: actually I think this brings up a new question.  should this be added into the charter directly or instead passed as a resolution and instead of added into the charter, be put in a separate line below it.  I believe if we look at real life, does this become an Amendment to the constitution or in this charter, or is it a law that should go into the law books?

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 08:54:44 AM »
[ooc] good question, here is a bit I found on US bills, I think the australian system which I know is about the same.

U.S. statutory law is organized into 50 books, known as titles. Each title should contain only those laws that have to do with a discrete subject area. In addition, it should only contain general and permanent laws — excluding provisions that apply only for a limited time (e.g., an annual appropriations law) or to a small number of people (e.g., a private law). For example, Title 7 should only contain permanent laws having to do with agriculture. Title 28 should only concern the judiciary and judicial procedure.

[/ooc]

Offline areyoua (OP)

• a
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2011, 02:48:39 PM »
[ooc]This, I believe, should just be a law not an amendment as it really doesn't change much that is too important, and the Titles should wait until we get more laws into effect as currently we have but one.[/ooc]

Offline Detjen

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2011, 05:11:53 AM »
OOC: right, law sounds good to me.