Author Topic: mars unrest due to lack of protection  (Read 5395 times)

Offline ollobrains (OP)

• Commander
  • o
Re: mars unrest due to lack of protection
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 06:14:19 AM »
another question im ordering cilivan terraforming units built on earth to be shifted to mars they dont show up after moved only the state built and military shifted ones do any pointers ?

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 12:59:58 PM »
I'm a little unclear with what you are doing here.

Civilian Terraforming Units built on earth
moved to mars
don't show up

state built+military moved
do show up

All terraforming units are civilian.  I assume you are constructing terraforming facilities, and then ordering them moved.  Are you using civilian movement orders to move them?  Or are you picking them up with your own freighters?  You aren't building Ship Components by mistake are you?

Deets.  Need them

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 02:42:17 PM »
Terraformers are big and require movement of multiple sections to equal a whole unit.  You may have only transferred half of one so far.

Offline ollobrains (OP)

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 03:54:18 AM »
Ok my bad ive setup colonies got the terraforming technology in 5.6 2 options i can build terraforming modules and moving them myself ( these are fine and are showing up)

Civvy-industrial screen
Earth civvy supply 1 terraforming unit
Mars demand 1 terraforming unit

Civilian FT moves the modules ( actually i tried two also)

Units are built on earth and moved by the civvy FT after teh civvies build em and they dont show on mars whereas if i build them myself and move them myself instead of outsourcing they do bug maybe

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 08:04:15 AM »
Someone with more experience on this might need to chime in:  is it possible that the civilians are transferring only 1 segment of the terraformer?  Try creating a contract to move 10 of them (I don't remember how many sections a terraformer is, but it is on the wiki).  To me it seems entirely possible that the contract for 1 terraformer is for one trip of terraformer parts and not for the entire installation.

Offline Marthnn

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 09:06:16 AM »
Someone with more experience on this might need to chime in:  is it possible that the civilians are transferring only 1 segment of the terraformer?  Try creating a contract to move 10 of them (I don't remember how many sections a terraformer is, but it is on the wiki).  To me it seems entirely possible that the contract for 1 terraformer is for one trip of terraformer parts and not for the entire installation.
Nope. A contract for 1 terraformer is the full unit, for a total of 250k tons of cargo. With regular 25k tons cargo freighters, it's 10 trips. Otherwise the "one trip of terraformer parts" would depend on freighter design.

If part of a terraformer is moved, even by civilians, it will show in the colony summary like "Terraforming installations : 0.55".

Are the civ freighters doing anything? If you have other contracts already up, they might be doing those first. Like sending automines to some faraway comet, taking 5 years travel time...

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012, 10:05:47 AM »
Um, I am not aware that civillians will build your terraformers. You have to build them yourself.
You _can_ use civillians to _move_ the terraformers you have build via contract, however and after they are done, the terraformers should show up on mars.

Just to make sure, we _are_ talking about "Terraforming Installations", not about Terraforming Modules. Installations are the planetary Terraformers, while Modules are the things, that make a ship a Terraforming Ship and will NOT show up on the colony summary, except for the Population and Production screen, Idustry Tab, Stockpile Tab.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Shaitan

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2012, 10:32:11 AM »
It should be noted that the civilian contracts screen is basically just subcontracting civilian freighters to move installations you already own, it in no way gives you access to any civilian production capability (which only produces infrastructure and trade goods in the first place).

At least that's my understanding of the mechanisms involved.

Offline ollobrains (OP)

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2012, 02:52:49 PM »
Wrong on a few points peeps

Civlians in 5.6 do build fuel refineries, automated mines check youre civ-ind screen ive done all of those and they show up at destination. - shaitan suggest u try all the installations the civilians can produce ( and yup they were moved in 0.2 pieces by my civilians but i ordered 2 and over a year they all got moved) no other current civlian projects from earth are running.

Fuel refinery worked terraformers were built by civvies, the civvy transports did the supply-demand thing between earth and her colonies it showed up, the automated mine, the infrsturcture, just the terraformer option is there but only works when i build it myself and move it myself. ( the other way having civvies build it - it was then moved and vanished terraforming unit only)

And yes hakweye we are talking about terraforming installations planet to planetside not the modules on the ship

Marthnn yup covered that was only terraforming installations the 2 got built got moved i saw the freighters moving the terraforming installations they offloaded them at destination tried it with mars and manchester VII A.

Ill keep fiddling with it

Ok the installations from the cilvian-Ind status screen on earth are as follows

Automated Mine
Construction
Deep space tracking
Fighter Factory
Fuel refinery
Genetic Mod centre
Infruscturure
Maintence Facility
Mass Driver
Mine
Ordinance Factory
Research Lab
TerraForming Installation

My next test will involve 4 Terraforming installations i am moving to mars and building myself using all my own production LInes

After that another 2 will be ordered to mars using cilivian production and shipping lines through earth supplying 2 terraforming installations and mars demanding 2 and letting the civvies do the rest including hauling

Offline ollobrains (OP)

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2012, 03:06:23 PM »
Ok tried every other class of building and they all got built throught earth supply mars demands contracts and ciilvian transports all automatically all succesfully built and moved the only thing that isnt showing up when it gets to delivered status is the terraforming installations so im gunna log this as a bug in 5.6 thread

They get built they get moved 0.2 at a time ( the civilians were deliverying to mars) after that unlike all the other building types they failed to "show" instead they got lost in some wierd place where from which they never get to terraform my atmospheres

Offline Xeno The Morph

• Petty Officer
  • X
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2012, 03:42:28 PM »
Do your civilian Transports have at least 5 Cargo holds? (or multiple thereof)

I believe I read, at some point it may not apply to the most recent version, about disappearing bits of installations if the Transport was unable to move the 'standard' installation size.

Offline ollobrains (OP)

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2012, 04:40:34 PM »
Oh no they are moving 1/5 at a time.  Interesting thanks for the heads up might have to alter the design. Though for all the other mods it manages to track even if they are large and move in bits, wondering why only the terraforming are affected i added the specific issues to 5.6 bug thread anyway it should be fixed.  Ill try it sounds like a short term fix has been applied until maybe 5.61 or whatever comes next

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2012, 05:28:40 PM »
There are issues with cargo holds that aren't in multiples of 5s so definitely redesign the freighters.

Offline ollobrains (OP)

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2012, 05:48:21 PM »
well redesigned cargo hold to the amounts suggested and the terraforming units still arent being moved. Guess ill wait on steve to tell us what it is

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2012, 05:51:31 PM »
Wrong on a few points peeps

Civlians in 5.6 do build fuel refineries, automated mines check youre civ-ind screen ive done all of those and they show up at destination. - shaitan suggest u try all the installations the civilians can produce ( and yup they were moved in 0.2 pieces by my civilians but i ordered 2 and over a year they all got moved) no other current civlian projects from earth are running.

You can set up a contract to move all those installations (Automated Mine, ... , Terraforming Installation) by the civillians. This doesn´t mean they will build it for you.
Look at the civvy screen again.
There is the drop-down with the installations, e.g. "Automated Mine"
Below it the "Contract Amount"   Supply/Demand. Here you put in how many of those installations you want to be moved to (demand) or from (supply) this colony
If you put in "supply" the civillian will take the specified number of installations from your allready present ones on that colony to fulfill any "demand" within 4 jumps

If you have, for example, 100 Automated Mines on Earth and want to put 10 Automated Mines on Mars, you would open the Earth Civilian/Ind Status screen, select Automated Mines, Contract Amount: 10, Supply, Add Contract.
Then got to the Mars Civillian/Ind Screen, again select Automated Mines, Contract Amount: 10, Demand, Add Contract.
Now your civillan owned freighters would take 10 of your 100 Automines from Earth and drop them off at Mars, leaving you with 90 Automines on Earth.

They will NOT build Automines for you for free!
Ralph Hoenig, Germany