Author Topic: mars unrest due to lack of protection  (Read 5387 times)

Offline ollobrains (OP)

• Commander
  • o
Re: mars unrest due to lack of protection
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 05:56:49 PM »
Not quite correct based on my understanding hehe

They are meant to draw on youre mineral stockpile case in point infurstcuture

Supply earth 100
Demand mars 100

0 supply earth and magically mars gets more infustreucture so where are these infrucstucure mods coming from ?

In wealth screen youll see civilian production amounts of various goods including construction = i think this is where u can have the civvies build it and ship it.

They dont do it for free they do draw down mineral stockpiles but they do build it

U may want to take another look at how it works i did the same on earth with a deep space scanner the existing level 4 one was untouched earth supply 1 mars demand 1 it got built and moved now i have a level 4 still on earth and a level 1 on mars and minerals subtracted to account for the production

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2012, 05:57:13 PM »
well redesigned cargo hold to the amounts suggested and the terraforming units still arent being moved. Guess ill wait on steve to tell us what it is

IIRC, Terraforming Installations are size 125000, so they would need 25 cargo holds. If a freighter has only 5 holds, they _should_ be split up beween several freighters, but as the civies only use single-ship taskgroups, this might be the problem.
Note: I am not sure if the size or terraformers was changed lately, but would be worth a try.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2012, 05:59:46 PM »

Supply earth 100
Demand mars 100

0 supply earth and magically mars gets more infustreucture so where are these infrucstucure mods coming from ?

In wealth screen youll see civilian production amounts of various goods including construction = i think this is where u can have the civvies build it and ship it.

They dont do it for free they do draw down mineral stockpiles but they do build it

U may want to take another look at how it works i did the same on earth with a deep space scanner the existing level 4 one was untouched earth supply 1 mars demand 1 it got built and moved now i have a level 4 still on earth and a level 1 on mars and minerals subtracted to account for the production

Ah, but infrastructure is a trade good (look at the Wealth/Trade screen). Only the stuff in the list here gets produced by the civillians for free.
And yes, this stuff realy _is_ for free.

Edit: LOL, posted before reading your post fully.

Construction materials is something different than construction capabilities
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 06:02:54 PM by Hawkeye »
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2012, 02:18:59 PM »

Supply earth 100
Demand mars 100

As mentioned infrastructure is different. They DID NOT fulfill the contract in that case, and won't until you physically build infrastructure on earth. The delivered the excess that the colony naturally produces (that you do not get access to unless the planet producing it uses it) to the other colony. They would have done this regardless of the contract. The other trade goods don't actually do anything. They are just there so your liners can make money, afaik.

If I had to guess what happened with your scanning station, I imagine you might have checked the summary screen after a liner had already picked one (or part of one) up (but not yet delivered it).

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2012, 02:28:27 PM »
Actually, I have a question that's somewhat off topic, but kind of related: Will Civilians deliver contracts between factions, and if so which faction's liner's handle it? Say one faction on a planet put a supply contract up for 10 automines, and a different faction put a demand contract on their mars colony for 10 automines, would civilians do that? And if so, is it the supplier, the consumer or either's lines that handle it?

Also, would one faction's lines handle the trade goods and/or contracts that are exclusively other faction's? I know they'll transfer trade goods between their own faction and another, but would say, America's civilian liner transfer trade goods between the russian colony on earth and the russian colony on mars? Or a russian contract? With trade rights enabled both ways, of course

Offline Marthnn

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2012, 04:06:25 PM »
Civilian contracts are race-dependant. Supply contract, demand contract and civilian freighter all needs to be of the same race.

I seem to remember trade goods can be shipped by a civilian freighter of race A between two of race B colonies. But I'm not 100% sure, anyone can confirm?

Edit : also, the race owning the colony that offers the trade goods receive export taxes, while both the civilian shipping line and its parent race receive shipping income/taxes.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:10:51 PM by Marthnn »

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 07:41:38 AM »
You need to have a trade treaty with that race for that to happen. So it's possible for both Race A and Race B civilian liners to ship trade goods between all of their colonies or that only one of them can "invade" the others markets.

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2012, 11:31:23 AM »
Hmmm... Is it possible to have two races that yuo have trade treaty with and have your freighters ship goods between them? It may not even be necessary for the other two races to have a trade treaty or even contact between them.

Offline Marthnn

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2012, 03:01:07 PM »
Hmmm... Is it possible to have two races that yuo have trade treaty with and have your freighters ship goods between them? It may not even be necessary for the other two races to have a trade treaty or even contact between them.
I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. Your civilian shipping lines probably look for possible destinations with the only criteria that it's accessible for them.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2012, 09:45:00 AM »
Yeah, it should be possible. In theory, your civilian line should be able to pick-up trade goods from Aliens A and then ship those goods to Aliens B even if the aliens haven't had contact with each other - as long as they both have granted a trade treaty to you.

Offline ollobrains (OP)

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2012, 04:04:29 AM »
depends on size of colony, presense of commercial spaceport and i guess other factors

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2012, 10:06:48 AM »
Why would those things make a difference?

Offline ollobrains (OP)

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2012, 03:44:56 AM »
once u get to 30-40 systems civlian trade ships seem to hate going to outer colonies theyll happily trade goods between mars and earth if given the chance.

I think a commercial space port might give them a target to trade with and if not maybe it should at some point

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2012, 12:28:22 PM »
once u get to 30-40 systems civlian trade ships seem to hate going to outer colonies theyll happily trade goods between mars and earth if given the chance.

I think a commercial space port might give them a target to trade with and if not maybe it should at some point
Shorter run = more goods delivered = more profit, that's why they trade the close colonies first I think. If they manage to deliver all the required import for the shorter runs though, they'll probably start making longer runs.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2012, 12:32:49 PM »

They are restricted to only looking for available trade destinations within 4 jumps. Same goes with Supply-Demand contracts, they will only deliver to a destination that is within 4 jumps.

This is a hard restriction set by Steve because of the potentionally exponential nature of pathing between systems.