Author Topic: Change Log for 6.00 discussion  (Read 49984 times)

Offline Jikor

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Re: Change Log for 6.00 discussion
« Reply #315 on: October 13, 2012, 07:59:46 PM »
From what I have seen the crew quarters tech are no longer there. Instead they are all already available and when you make the ship and adjust the deployment time it adds the modules for you. I haven't tried a conventional start yet so can't say for sure if it is true there as well.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #316 on: October 14, 2012, 07:13:05 AM »
Very silly question, but I couldn't find an answer by searching for it:

Have command modules been removed in 6.00?

I was playing with a test game, busy granting tech to my civilization and noticed that I never unlocked Command Modules, even when most other internal components were researched.

There should be a new tiny crew quarters to replace the comman module

Steve

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #317 on: October 14, 2012, 09:32:06 AM »
Yes, there are:

Crew Quarters, 1000 RP
Crew Quarters - Small, 1000 RP
Crew Quarters - Tiny, 2000 RP

which, imho, is more logical. Just like Bridge or the Small/Standard Cargo Holds, you don't need to research them even with conventional start.

Offline Redshirt

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #318 on: October 17, 2012, 01:57:22 PM »
Question- was research sharing fixed? Or do you still need to route your salvage ships around tiny colonies to avoid accidentally being stuck researching awesome tech with just one lab?

(Or is this as-designed?)
Living up to my username. . .

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #319 on: October 19, 2012, 07:52:29 AM »
I don't remember Steve talking about this, but engineless TGs now remain motionless even when doing Taskforce Exercises. It used to be that Orbital Weapon Platforms and Satellites "drifted" in space since they had a velocity of 1km/s but no longer. Which is a good thing as you can actually get their TF training to 100%.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #320 on: October 19, 2012, 08:05:26 AM »
I don't remember anything about changes to the research all button, but there is one.  It allows you to research up to a designated amount within a single field (ie propulsion or sensors)  It was on my wish list for quite a while and I already love it.

Thanks Steve, the little additions like this are part of what makes the game so much fun.

Brian

Offline WHCnelson

• W
« Reply #321 on: October 21, 2012, 01:44:52 AM »
  I am still trying to understand the Design process for the Engines for the ships and Vessels and the amount of full time for the vessels. ??? :o ???   I'm trying to modify what's available by removing tech I don't need and picking up tech I will and then making those changes to the Engines and I am scratching my Head going what the #@#$ is going on.   I guess I am an idiot who liked it less complicated then what's now here....

Offline o_O

• Petty Officer
  • o
« Reply #322 on: October 21, 2012, 09:57:34 PM »
It did get quite a bit more complicated.  My rule of thumb is to design a max size engine, crank up its power, then build a ship big enough to fit around it.  The specifics don't matter as long as it goes places and fires stuff. 

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #323 on: October 21, 2012, 11:48:51 PM »
Keep excess Q is a great option, but can it work for all ships the way size in Tons works?

Offline Victuz

« Reply #324 on: October 22, 2012, 08:20:25 AM »
I have a question for those more knowledgeable about 6.00 than me (meaning most everyone), in the changelog Steve mentioned adding a Warhammer 40k theme for commander and ship names (as empire and chaos). I have found the commander naming theme but not the ship names. Are they implemented?

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #325 on: October 22, 2012, 08:34:49 AM »
I have a question for those more knowledgeable about 6.00 than me (meaning most everyone), in the changelog Steve mentioned adding a Warhammer 40k theme for commander and ship names (as empire and chaos). I have found the commander naming theme but not the ship names. Are they implemented?

Looking at the database shows only a name theme.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Conscript Gary

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #326 on: October 22, 2012, 09:09:25 AM »
Yeah, it's ship names for a specific class, not names for multiple classes.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #327 on: October 22, 2012, 12:19:09 PM »
Keep excess Q is a great option, but can it work for all ships the way size in Tons works?

I was going to do it that way but there are some issues. If you build a carrier with spare quarters for flight crews, you could accidently update it when scrolling through the list of classes (if the setting is Global). The way it is implemented you can effectively lock some classes from being updated in that way.

Steve

Offline Victuz

« Reply #328 on: October 22, 2012, 12:32:56 PM »
Yeah, it's ship names for a specific class, not names for multiple classes.

Aaah it's that. My bad I thought it will be a list of names for classes themselves. Not for ships. Alright that's good to know.

Offline Scandinavian

• Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #329 on: October 22, 2012, 04:03:37 PM »
I was going to do it that way but there are some issues. If you build a carrier with spare quarters for flight crews, you could accidently update it when scrolling through the list of classes (if the setting is Global). The way it is implemented you can effectively lock some classes from being updated in that way.

Steve
One way around that would be to allow the player to input a desired (minimum) number of spare beds the same way we can input intended deployment time.

Another option that would probably be gratefully received would be a checkbox that lets you tell the design window to automatically assign spare beds for the designated parasite complement.

And while on the subject of parasites and ordnance, if you design a ship, designate an ordnance loadout, and then remove tubes/mags, it will take on the designated loadout when it is built (possibly also when reloading, though I haven't checked). It will obligingly show a negative available magazine space, and the task force window will show the magazines to be over 100 % full, but it doesn't otherwise complain.