Author Topic: Pulsar 4X  (Read 33504 times)

Offline sublight

• Captain
  • s
Re: Pulsar 4X
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2013, 09:02:33 AM »
Heh! Sorry about that.

Pulsar4x Summer Update

Q: Is the project dead?
A: No.

Q: Who is employee of the month?
A: Nathan_, again, for everything code related. Theeht also deserves honorable mention for the graphics work.

Q: What have you, Sublight, personally done?
A: Installed Linux
What in the world does that have to do with Pulsar? Well, Nathan has been so productive that I realized the only way I could keep up would be to shelve the Mac/Linux user interface build and join in on the Windows/Linux user interface branch.

Q: When is Alpha?
A: September
We were originally trying for a 1-year anniversary release (August) at the latest, but Spring was less productive than my worst-case prediction. Once the team project leader is up to speed on the Windows/Linux branch and knows what needs coordination development should speed up.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:53:58 PM by sublight »

Offline GeaXle

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2013, 01:14:46 AM »
Is september still the target date for alpha? :)

Offline sublight

• Captain
  • s
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2013, 01:02:44 PM »
It turns out we spent the summer doing depth-first development. This gives us a small set of nearly finished concepts that can't stand alone for an Alpha release. Oops.

((This collaborative indie-game development thing is hard.))

We might have something worthy of an Alpha release in the next 9 days to meet the September goal... or we might keep pushing it back to make it just a little more playable and end up with a Christmas release.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2013, 05:28:34 PM »
In my opinion....

If you have something you want us to bug test then release it, otherwise I would wait until I have something more playable so you can get feedback on actual game mechanics.

Offline se5a

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2013, 06:09:45 PM »
Ah, so the project is still alive then.

I'd attempt to get something that's playable as fast as possible, without coding yourselfs into a corner that's going to be tricky to get out of.
I find that dev like this when you've got a couple of people doing it tends to be easier to keep up the pace if you've got something that's fun, and you're codding bits between games coz: "damn, I really wish we had feature X, ok ok I'll go add it"

Offline Count Sessine

• Chief Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2013, 03:26:45 AM »
It turns out we spent the summer doing depth-first development. This gives us a small set of nearly finished concepts that can't stand alone for an Alpha release. Oops.

((This collaborative indie-game development thing is hard.))

We might have something worthy of an Alpha release in the next 9 days to meet the September goal... or we might keep pushing it back to make it just a little more playable and end up with a Christmas release.

Guessing the September deadline just whooshed by :-)

I just noticed this project now... looks pretty cool, lots of good ideas.

Looking forward to help test it.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2013, 01:33:03 PM »
We have a rough draft of something that could be released, and bugtesting will help(I found one preparing these screenshots for example), but we'll probably wait. After I hook up component and ship class design to the UI, and put in Fast oob creation I'll probably go back and fill in some things I should have done like the event log rather than work on new features until that is completed.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2013, 01:34:20 PM »
Also:

Offline Geoffroypi

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • G
« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2013, 05:11:12 AM »
I will gladly bugtest the latest version of the exe, even if it is not playable .

Offline Ghidorah

• Leading Rate
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2013, 09:47:46 AM »
I hope you all can spend some time on this project and revive it keep it going.   The idea is too sweet to die a long slow lingering painful wilting pathetic death.   
I weary of the chasssse.  Wait for me.  I will be mercccciful and quick.

Offline Hydrofoil

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2014, 02:17:01 PM »
What language is this being programmed in Im a Computer Science student moving into my final year top 5 in my class for Programming and I would like to help out with this I love Aurora but its built on dated technology

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2014, 05:03:29 PM »
What language is this being programmed in Im a Computer Science student moving into my final year top 5 in my class for Programming and I would like to help out with this I love Aurora but its built on dated technology

C#.

Offline Hydrofoil

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2014, 05:27:14 AM »
Seems ive got a bit of reading to do then ha ha

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2014, 06:35:41 PM »
Seems ive got a bit of reading to do then ha ha

I've basically used this project to teach myself C#, so thats not terrible if you're still coming from C/C++. If you have a skype ID I can invite you to the discussion room we have set up, there isn't much activity on it but you can ask questions and they do tend to get answered.

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2014, 05:17:24 PM »
so has the project finally bit the dust.  Or is work continuing