Author Topic: Netbook Resolution Solution  (Read 3130 times)

Offline Laanan (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • L
Netbook Resolution Solution
« on: May 29, 2012, 10:38:56 PM »
Hi,

Got Aurora working nicely on my netbook that cannot use 1280 x 1024.  I use the diminished screen height option with a free program called Infinite Screen: hxxp: ynea. futureware. at/cgi-bin/index. pl

It lets you scroll your desktop with ctrl - left mouse.  It apparently has a lot of features, but it works out of the box for me with Aurora.  Just thought I would share.  Other solutions and AltMove didn't really cut it for me. . . so, yeah, hope this helps someone. 

Smiles

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Netbook Resolution Solution
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 10:52:16 AM »
Hmm, I'll try it out. I'm fairly happy with my 1280x800 resolution but some of the windows are still cluttered/lost.

Unfortunately doesn't work for me, as when you open the windows initially, part of them are "off-screen" and thus not drawn - it doesn't help that you can scroll around.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:57:02 AM by Garfunkel »

Offline hikkiko

• Leading Rate
  • h
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 02:31:23 PM »
Win xp tested.  It works almost perfectly. . .   Small lags between turns. . .  It's much better than unsupported screen resolution, you just need some time to get used to it. 

Offline malacko

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • m
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 03:19:32 PM »
I found a program that lets you turn non-resizeable Usually windows into resizeable windows.  It work nice on my netbook That use 1366 x 768.
It is a free program called ResizeEnable.

How do I use it?
1) Run the ResizeEnableRunner. exe
2) Find a window That You Could Never resize and move the cursor over the edge of the window.
3) Hopefully the pointer will change to One That shows you can resize the window.
4) Click-drag the window to a new size and release the mouse button.

hxxp: www. digitallis. co. uk/pc/ResizeEnable/

Offline ashton

• Leading Rate
  • RAF ASOp
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 02:04:31 PM »
The Resize Enabler isn't of much use in this context as if you move a window so it's taskbar is above the desktop screen and then resize it Windows seems to realize a hack is being used and moves all the screens back onto the desktop.  I'm using a 1366 by 768 display and whilst the Infinite Screen app helps to relieve the problem slightly not being able to resize the window means there's still some buttons I can't reach.

I've not really played the game at all yet so I don't know if they're essential to play but I'll give it a shot.  Looks like a pretty awesome simulator, I've been looking for something like this for a while.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 02:09:07 PM »
Just bought a new primary monitor with a resolution of 2560 x 1440. I will try to avoid using that as the basis for any future versions of Aurora :)

Steve

Offline ashton

• Leading Rate
  • RAF ASOp
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 02:27:59 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=4921. msg56675#msg56675 date=1351796947
Just bought a new primary monitor with a resolution of 2560 x 1440.  I will try to avoid using that as the basis for any future versions of Aurora :)

Steve

Sounds like a plan.  It'd be neat to not have any nuisances but at the end of the day it's your game.  I'll probably find a registry modification or something that lets me bump up the resolution sooner or later.