Author Topic: Official v6.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 53086 times)

Offline Jumpp

• Lieutenant
  • J
Re: Official v6.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #210 on: November 21, 2012, 12:28:10 AM »
The problem is that I am using a long variable instead of a double to store the last launch time (which is stored for all ships even if they never enter a hangar). Because your game has been running for a long time, the number of seconds passed the game has exceeded the capacity of the database field. This is fixed for v6.20 but will continue to affect current games.

If anyone wants to fix this for a current game and has Access, you need to change the data type of the LastLaunchTime in the Ship table to Double (or currency).

Steve

I think I may be getting this too now.  6th fleet is mostly identical to 5th and 4th, but the ships of 6th were all built at or after 2092, in a game that started in the default 2025.  If 6th fleet isn't on a shore leave site, I get one error every five days for every ship in the fleet.

Is 67 years a "long time"?  What is "Access" in this context?  It's not too bad yet, but this error is going to grow steadily worse as I keep building ships, and this is a really interesting game.  I'd hate to abandon it.

Offline OAM47

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #211 on: November 21, 2012, 01:22:10 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug or not.  My Sorium Harvesters (and the civilian ones) don't seem to be actually taking any sorium from the gas giants...  Searched and can't find any mention of this phenomenon.

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #212 on: November 21, 2012, 02:16:25 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug or not.  My Sorium Harvesters (and the civilian ones) don't seem to be actually taking any sorium from the gas giants...  Searched and can't find any mention of this phenomenon.

The sorium is harvested and processed into fuel.  So the civillian harvesters have fuel asking to be bought to feed your thirsty ships.  Your harvesters need to also have large fuel tanks which they will over time fill.

Offline Zeebie

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
« Reply #213 on: November 21, 2012, 06:56:12 AM »
Aurora is frequently hanging and becoming unresponsive (perhaps one out of three times I advance the clock).  I have to kill it with Task Manager, and when I restart it the last entry in Event Updates is "Increment Placeholder" rather than an actual time.

Offline OAM47

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #214 on: November 21, 2012, 10:25:59 AM »
The sorium is harvested and processed into fuel.  So the civillian harvesters have fuel asking to be bought to feed your thirsty ships.  Your harvesters need to also have large fuel tanks which they will over time fill.

That's not the problem.  The fuel is being generated just fine.  The problem is that the gas giant isn't being depleted.  It had in effect infinite sorium!  (Is that really a problem, but still  ;) )

Offline OAM47

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #215 on: November 21, 2012, 03:28:19 PM »
Upon checking again, the harvesters (now a total of six) have used about 50 tons of Sorium in the space of a year.  That still seems a bit low, but I guess it is indeed updating the minerals, just very slowly...

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #216 on: November 22, 2012, 02:46:11 AM »
Upon checking again, the harvesters (now a total of six) have used about 50 tons of Sorium in the space of a year.  That still seems a bit low, but I guess it is indeed updating the minerals, just very slowly...

65 planet based fuel refineries use about 570 tons of sorium per year (that is my yearly demand based on memory), you have 1/10th of that in terms of harvesters so the rate of use seems reasonable.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #217 on: November 22, 2012, 02:54:43 AM »
The surrender bug is still with us, not sure if Steve found it before, lost 2 divisions, one of heavy combat troops and 1 of construction engineers, but I still own the colony/planet... Getting a bit annoying, won the fight for the third time and barbarians have conquered my planet and all troops lost.... Again....
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 07:15:34 AM by ExChairman »
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Paul Tankersley

• Leading Rate
  • P
« Reply #218 on: November 22, 2012, 07:42:13 AM »
I've recently developed a serious case of Error 6 overflow in ExecuteOrders.  Up to a hundred of these per turn.  The year is 2112 in a trans-newtonian start.  I think maybe NPR problems? I don't have a hundred things to give orders to afaik.

Cheers

Offline OAM47

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #219 on: November 22, 2012, 09:34:53 AM »
65 planet based fuel refineries use about 570 tons of sorium per year (that is my yearly demand based on memory), you have 1/10th of that in terms of harvesters so the rate of use seems reasonable.

Well the harvester rates are more variable, but I see your point.  Though I have no proof, I swear for a few years the counter was stuck, but as long as it's working now.

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #220 on: November 22, 2012, 11:49:13 AM »
This came up in a thread over in the mechanics section. Fighters placed into hangars on PDC's do not get repaired, even if damage control modules are installed on the PDC and there are plentiful maintainance supplies on the planet/in maintainance storage bays in the PDC. Presumably this is because the repair code is linked to the engineering spaces, which PDC's can't possess.

Offline Stardust

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #221 on: November 22, 2012, 12:17:01 PM »
metalax -- Did you try this with v6. 10?  Just want to clarify that I haven't upgraded from v5. 60 yet.

Offline Jumpp

• Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #222 on: November 22, 2012, 12:22:49 PM »
Has there been any previous ground combat on the same planet before this robot attack?

The first two messages are for both sides. Are you in designer mode by any chance at this point?

Finally the "The alien population on " message only appears as a result of orbital bombardment. Where you bombarding the alien ground troops at the same time?

Steve

I just got this bug again, so I can give a clearer report about exactly how it went down:

The site of the action is Altair-A IV.  There's a division HQ, four brigade HQs, eight mobile infantry battalions, four battalions of some kind of infantry that I don't recall, four construction brigades, and maybe 3 replacement battalions.

The first set of robot guardians was a few weeks ago, a single battalion, and was destroyed in a couple rounds of combat.  Things were peaceful for a time.  On 25 August 2095 we turn up another set of guardians composed of two assault battalions.  Here's their appearance and the first round of combat:

====================

Robotic Guardians - Altair - 33rd Construction 1st Brigade has disturbed an underground vault on Altair-A IV that contains hostile robotic soldiers
Ground Combat - Altair - Ground Defence on Altair-A IV. Total Defence Strength: 188.153 Combat Ratio: 0.1063 Chance of unit loss: 1.1%
Enemy Casualties - Altair - Casualties inflicted on enemy ground unit. Estimated losses: 35%. ID: Assault Battalion #1942 (Precursors)
Enemy Casualties - Altair - Casualties inflicted on enemy ground unit. Estimated losses: 5%. ID: Assault Battalion #1943 (Precursors)
(five officers gain XP)
Bombardment Losses - Altair - Altair-A IV suffered 1 hits for a total of 0 points of damage.  Casualties: 0m.  Infrastructure Loss: 0. Industrial Damage as follows:
Bombardment Losses - Altair - Altair-A IV Environmental Update: Radiation Level: 0 Dust Level: 0

====================

I'm queueing 5-day turns here, and I've given my infantry no attack orders.  They're just defending.

On 30 August 2095 we fight another round:

====================

Ground Combat - Altair- Ground Defence on Altair-A IV.  Total Defence Strencth: 190.3214 Combat Ratio: 0.0775 Chance of unit loss: 0.8%
Enemy Casualties - Altair - Casualties inflicted on enemy ground unit.  Estimated losses: 48%.  ID: Assault Battalion #1942 (Precursors)
Enemy Casualties - Altair - Casualties inflicted on enemy ground unit.  Estimated losses: 24%.  ID: Assault Battalion #1943 (Precursors)
Officer Update - N/A - As a result of experience gained in the performance of his duties, Colonel Katherine Law has increased his Ground Combat Bonus to 16%.
Officer Update - N/A - As a result of experience gained in the performance of his duties, Colonel Isobel Parkin has increased his Ground Combat Bonus to 16%.
Officer Update - N/A - As a result of experience gained in the performance of his duties, Colonel Anna Higgins has increased his Ground Combat Bonus to 7%.
Bombardment Losses - Altair - Altair-A IV suffered 1 hits for a total of 1 points of damage.  Casualties: 0.025m. Infrastructure Loss: 0.5.  Industrial Damage as follows:
Bombardment Losses - Altair - Altair-A IV Environmental Update: Radiation Level: 0 Dust Level: 0
Reparations - Altair - As a result of conquering a hostile pop on Altair-A IV, suitable reparations to the value of 0 have been appropriated and added to the total racial wealth.
Planet Looted - Altair - Due to the loss of Altair-A IV, 0 has been looted by the conquering barbarians.
Population Surrender - Altair - The alien population on Altair-A IV has surrendered!

====================

I'm not bombarding.  The only ships in that system are a couple civilian colony ships.  Possibly relevant: The first colonists would have arrived not long before this incident.  I recovered some infrastructure very recently.

Hope that's helpful.  I've saved a copy of my stevefire.mdb right after receiving these messages, in case I can use it to answer any more questions, or in case it's useful in any other way.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 02:03:53 PM by Jumpp »

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #223 on: November 22, 2012, 01:31:42 PM »
Getting the same as above, my planet has Desterted Intact Cities on it... I lost a third group of troops so it seems to happen every time as new robotic guardians are disturbed... :'(
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline OAM47

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #224 on: November 22, 2012, 09:58:53 PM »
Legit bug this time.  We all know how the planet numbering used to be wonky, but I think that was fixed last version, right?  Well anywho, now whenever a super jovian generates for me the moon numbers are off.  For instance, I just discovered two systems, and one had a planet with moons 32-71, and this new one has a planet with moons 51-56.  Coincidentally, in the latter example, there's an asteroid belt with 50 asteroids, didn't check the other system.  I searched but didn't see this reported yet.

Quick Edit:  The last example was actually a binary system, and the B component had asteroids starting at 51, and another super jovian with moons 18-40, so maybe the asteroids aren't related.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 10:00:38 PM by OAM47 »