Author Topic: The Northern Coalition (AAR)  (Read 70776 times)

Offline Paul M (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • P
Re: The Northern Coalition (AAR)
« Reply #330 on: September 30, 2015, 02:12:48 AM »
My standard error over too long deployed, though honestly I don't follow why that is an issue with only 20-30 years on the ships clock.  It has really bad of late but I do have around 50 ships with more than 20 years on their clocks so I'll just have to grin and bear it till my spaceframe replacement program works through the fuel harvesters (they are the bulk of the old ships).  Gaaah...or else I have to see if I can get Starslayer to edit the .exe and change the datatype on the variable.

I also see the deployment time of docked small craft increase with the mothership, and this is a more serious issue for the armed pinnace program.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #331 on: September 30, 2015, 06:41:15 PM »
Sorry I ha forgotten it was the deployment bug, you could always delete the oldest ships and spawn replacements in, saving yourself the trouble.
I'm curious, how long is a 5 day increment taking you? I'm only on year 4 but these damn NPRs on earth are taking most turns to take about 10 minutes :s
However I'm using a twin core athalon ATM which must be crap. I swear my 2 year old i7 quad used to tear through aurora in a flash.
Shame I fried it with a poorly repaired power brick.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline DIT_grue

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #332 on: October 01, 2015, 12:44:12 AM »
Another bugfix-type approach (as opposed to roleplay) would be to spawn one or more PDCs with enough hangar space to fit any of your ships, and then cycle them all through; if I understand the problem correctly, that ought to reset the variable in question.

Offline Paul M (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #333 on: October 01, 2015, 02:32:22 AM »
DIT_grue, that is perhaps a not bad solution once I develop hanger deck.  It is nearly there.  I'm also unsure how you dock a ship to a hanger, I understand how it works with fighters but I've never done it with a ship or attack craft so that will be a learning experience.  I may try this idea if the current situation remains like it is.  Or pick up Access 2003 for Starslayer and see if we can sort this out that way.

MarcAFK...a turn of 5 days (assuming no interupts) is around 5-10 min, followed currently by a minute of frantic clicking to clear the error windows, and then 30-60 seconds till the turn is fully complete.  I use a windows 7 home premium, 6GByte RAM, core 2 duo (4 core, 2.8 GHz) with the affinity set for core 2 and 3 (so only those cores can be used).  As aurora isn't multithreaded I suspect that multi-core doesn't help, and from other messages I've seen it is all dependent on read-write access times of your HD.  I have 2 additionally NPRs somewhere in the galaxy.

What is weird is I can't go back and edit my old posts...I forgot to add in that the minefield at the Sol-Wolf 359 jump point was replaced.  Doesn't work when I use the edit button in the lower right corner and when I select modify it says I have to be logged in, and well I am logged in....so have to wait till Eric is back I figure.

try to edit
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 02:35:58 AM by Paul M »

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #334 on: October 22, 2015, 05:42:43 PM »
Whew, finally read it all and I'm now up-to-date! Good progress at all fronts. Ivanhoe was certainly brutal but, as you said, it was valuable information as well.

Don't want to be that guy but there are four typos that you seem to consistently make that drive me crazy:

Poesidean -> Poseidon
Seimens -> Siemens
Bombadier-> Bombardier
Biforst -> Bifröst or Bifrost if you don't have access to Scandinavian keyboard :)

I am looking forward to seeing how the next NCN operation goes!

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #335 on: October 23, 2015, 07:00:14 AM »
I just assumed the locals liked their own spelling variation :p
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Paul M (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #336 on: October 26, 2015, 07:16:24 AM »
Sorry the updates have been delayed by Dragon Age: Inquisition  ...first play through and I'm up to 187 hours, according to the game save time stamp.   I think I am 2/3 of the way through the game but the operations table is getting filled up fast with things after sorting out the Ball...so the next update I hope will get done this week, after the starfire turn.

As for the spellings...Marc's response is correct.  Blame my phoenetic spelling teachers for some of the goofs root causes.  Alas at this stage I won't fix the spelling and just assume that after civilization collapsed and rebuilt itself the new grammer was modified slightly from the old.   That is my excuse and I'm sticking to it with super-glue.

Glad you enjoyed it Garfunkel and I share you hope Jabberwokkie is less brutal than Ivanhoe.  Ships are being built for it...still up in the air over if the (now) CLEs...even with the current 12k km per second dual turrets... are worth the effort to build.

ADDED IN EDIT:  Due to a desire to finish DA:I the update will be delayed...212 hours into the game now...and still 2/3 done.  Working on the Deep Roads DLC...stuff keeps showing up to do!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 06:37:26 AM by Paul M »

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #337 on: December 18, 2015, 09:08:44 AM »
Knock knock Paul, how is the Northern Coalition faring? Don't let the silly fantasy worlds lure you away for good  ;)

Offline Conscript Gary

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #338 on: December 29, 2015, 08:25:34 PM »
Oh jeez, I managed to fall behind on reading this thing by... 13 months, wow.
Good to be caught up, Ivanhoe was a gripping read even if it was a bit of a disaster.

Offline Paul M (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #339 on: January 26, 2016, 04:16:21 PM »
ah so that is what the bit about the 16.01.16 meant ah well...have to reproduce this then...ah well my bad.  I am finished with my first warrior play through on DA:I and it came in at about 310 hours give or take a few.  Bioware took the complaints about insufficient content to heart.  I'm currently migrating to the new win10 comptuer but I can say both starfire and aurora are up and running there.  I meant to do this over the holidays but my update to win10 and lack of memory on passwords meant I had no access to things...I now have access2016 so maybe I can fix the issue myself...  Ivanhoe was a disaster...the NCN is hoping Jabberwocky will go better.

AD 2310 (January) NCC Status Update

The NCC has been doing well maintaining a steady flow of vital materials to support their colonization efforts through BIC and also supplying the needs of the Navy.  The upgrades to the new engines are leaving the Galacite stockpile at pecarious levels but so far the previous collapse has been averted.  At the moment the NCC is in the process of expanding one shipyard in terms of slip capacity to handle the Heavy Crusier Hull, and a second shipyard in terms of number of 1500 tonne slips it has to enable production of the Armed Pinnace.  The fact the expected DDE has become a CLE and the hope that the CVE could be based around a heavy frigate hull has caused concern as it seems the smallest viable carrier hull will be the light cruiser.

A significant amount of BICs lift is now dedicated to the Rossetta run simply to transport the recovered research facilites to Earth.  This has lead BIC to consider the next hull size and to propose a true heavy lift formation with pure cargo capacity to allow for transport of installations that are larger than the typical factories or mines.  BIC has suggested a comercial hull of 90K tonnes, twice the current 45K used for some ships, and nearly three times the smaller 35K tonne ships.

Colony Status Update

Colony      Administrator    Population [Col Cost] Fuel [M-litre] Maint. Sup  Facilities
Earth           T. Buxtorf         1851.5 m                    9.98               1920     MA:3; CoSP:1; SY:10(28); MaF:70;CoF:346; OF:50; FF:15; FR:100; M:8; MD:2; RL:28.37; FC:10; GFTF:5; DSTs:10
Mars            T. Wong           222 m [37]                   --                    --       CoF:10; M:50; TeF:15; FC: 5; DSTs:6
Luna            S. Telgen         212 m [200]                 --                    --        CoF:10; FC:5
Io              S. TyygRson       116 m [566]                 --                    --        M:50; TeF:3
Calisto          C. Balis             63 m [568]                 --                    --        M:100; TeF:3
Venus          N. Murray       20.5 m [2500]                --                    --        AM: 60; 1 O'Neil Class Orbital Habitat (population: 0.25 m)
Ganymede J. Sanderson       2.2 m [565]                  --                   --         TeF:3; DSTs: 6
Faewald      L. French         40.8 m [299]                21.2                 --         CoF:97; M:124; DSTs:2 (Pop Growth: 5.8%)
Biforst      C. Cayouette        6.6 m [200]                23.8                 --         CoF:16; M:32; DSTs: 2 (Pop Growth: 12.5%)
Rosetta    S. Whitehouse      4.0 m [200]                19.7                 --         CoF:11; M:22; DSTs:2; AM:9; TeF:2; RL:3.4 (Genic Mod Fac: 2) (Pop Growth: 10.5%)
Arboria         A. White          3.4 m [29]                    --                   --         CoF: 5; M:10; DSTs:2 (Pop Growth: 10.5%)
Poesidean K.Gardemal             2.6 m                      9.3                  --          CoF:8; M:13; DSTs:2 MD:1 (Pop Growth: 12%)
Forge      B. Haegwinson     0.01 m [4573]             23.4                 --          DSTs: 2; AM:5

AM: Telepresence Operated Mine, CoF: Construction Facility, CoSP: Commercial Space Port, DSTs: Deep Space Tracking Array, FC: Financial Centre, FF: Fighter Factory, FR: Fuel Refinery, GFTF: Ground Force Training Facility, M: Mine, MA: Military Academy, MaF: Maintenance Facility, MD: Mass Driver, OF: Ordinance Factory, RL: Research Centre, SY: Shipyard (slips), TeF: Terraformer Engine

Mineral Reserve on Earth (tonnes)/Off Planet Production (tonnes/year)

For most minerals the NCC stockpile stewardship has resulted in continous growth over time.  Corundium has slowly been increasing as the NCC strickly limites the total number of mines produced per year to allow a small surplus to accumlate.  Boronide and Vendarite are both critical materials but with the increased production in Alpha C of boronide and the mines starting up in Arboria these minerals are considered low risk.  Galicite is an issue and the NCC monitors its use continously, but with the refits to new engines an ongoing process plus new constructions it is clear that the stockpile will remain at the critical level for the next 5 years or so.  However, expansion of the mines on Venus and Poesidean will bring in more of this valuable mineral.  Unfortunately production on Faewald is starting to decline but this is compensated by the new production from NCC sponsored mines on various comets in Sol.

Mineral              Earth Stockpile  (Prod.)   Faewald (Banshee)      Biforst    Other Extra Solar   Other Sol  Civillian Purchaces
Duranium                   149K                           2282 (207)            442             998                   1113               14483
Neutronium                113K                           1711 (69)              442            49                     1570                 
Corbomite                    48K                           2567 (23)              515            77                     378   
Tritanium                     50K (26)                   1141 (23)               368             29                     322                  1680
Boronide                      14K                           2852 (207)            221             --                      662
Mercasium                   42K                           856 (13)                147            59                      1324
Vendarite                     12K                           -- (23)                   515             199                    686
Sorium                         70K                           2282                      74               39                      858                 1920
Uridium                      126K                           1426                      515             10                      1500               6355
Corundium                   31K                            -- (23)                   74               175                    2904
Galicite                          4K                            1312                      74               366                   2164

Budget

The NCC is operating at a net positive cash flow situation, something that pleases the Assembly who siphon any surplus off for "general funding" typically.  The bulk of the income is from taxation on the population as although there is significant shipping between the various Sol colonies their economic needs are still in the early development stage.  The bulk of the expenses is the purchase of minerals from the corporations mining them. 

Income Sources
Basic Taxation: 83.5%
Export Tax: 5.9%
Shipping Tax: 5.9%
Liner Passenger Tax: 2.8%
Total Income: 97.8K

Expenses By Type
Civillian Mineral Purchaces: 43.8%
Research: 17.8%
Ship Construction: 15.9%
Installation Construction: 9.3%
Maintenance Facility Operation: 3.4%
Shipyard Modifications: 3.2%
Orbital Habitat Construction: 2.5%
Ordinance Production: 1.2%
Ground Force Training: 1%
Civllian Fuel Purchaces: 1%
Total Expenses: 62.5K

Research Activities

Research has switched over from production of usable systems to more break thru type research so nothing new is expected for some years.  The NCN may change tasks for the CoE for Missile Technology but at the moment it is content to see wha the researcher will produce.  Labs brought back into operation on Rosetta will bring some dates forward but it takes a considerable amount of lift-time to get them to Earth.

Centre of Excellence                    Chief Scientist                         Topic                    Expected Completion Date
Economic Development                     Dr. I. Doan              Construction Rate 20 BP                29.07.2311
Economic Development                     Dr. S. Patel             Shipyard Ops 30% Time/Cost         30.05.2312
Terraforming Technology                  Dr. K. Holmkellson   Terraforming Rate 0.0025 atm        06.07.2315
Propulsion Studies                           Dr. H. Sinclair              Stellarator Fusion Tech               04.06.2313
Sensors & Onboard Electronics          Dr. L. Herz               Active Grav Sensor Str:16             30.09.2311
Defensive Systems                           Dr. M. Fowler                  Gamma Shields                     08.07.2312
Missile Technology                            Dr. T. Brashear            0.75size/2x Launcher                05.02.2311
Laser Technology                              Dr. S. Hildibjornson    Turret Tracking Speed (5000)      03.09.2317

Civillian Shipping Concerns

From the point of view of the NCC far too many Civillian ships exist, and far too many of them are colony ships.  Thankfully they haven't access to the extra solar colonies as percipitously and calously dumping nearly 2 million colonists on some of the colonies would be catastrophic.  Most of the shipping is done by one firm but there is strong competition between the next two.  The remaining firms struggle to make ends meet.

Company                            Tonnage    Freighters  Colony Ships Liners Fuel Refiners     Share Price (Current/Max)
Willamson Logistics              1.924 m            22            19            2          11                        45.73/47.73
Hvitkarrson Carrier Ltd         1.304 m            17             8             2           4                        28.85/28.85
Burns Freight and Logistics   0.708 m            13             5             0           0                        15.07/21.78
Lloyd Container Limited        0.692 m            14             6             2           0                        14.73/14.73       
Dillahunt Container Line       0.379 m              7             1             0           1                          7.54/7.54
Mahmood Transport Group   0.084 m              2             3             0           0                          2.23/2.33
Fagnan Colony Co.              0.085 m               1            1              0           0                         2.20/ 2.23
Snaerisrson Carrier Co.        0.024 m              0             1             0           0                          0.94/2.04

Offline Bryan Swartz

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #340 on: January 27, 2016, 02:32:51 AM »
Whatever uneven-ness may exist in the updates, the important thing is that you are back doing them!

Yay!!

Offline Paul M (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #341 on: January 28, 2016, 02:21:15 AM »
Just waiting to sort out the question of the morale bug...I have another update for 2310 in the pipeline.  It was frustrating not being able to work on this over the holidays...but the win10 update doesn't preserve your existing email accounts and I forgot (since I use it like every 5 years) my email password so I was looped. 

AD 2300 (January) A Few Notes...

It should be mention that the NCCFB (Fuel Board) is mandated to keep the fuel farm at Earth at 10 m litres.  They have been doing so by a combination of purchasing civillian fuel from the harvesters at Jupiter and running the existing refinery complex on Earth.  The refineries operate at the moment at a duty cycle of about 40-60%.  The Tribal and Fallen's are currently working up doing training and this is putting the most stress on the Earth Farm.  The reason they don't run the refineries full out is that the sorium production is limited and they want to keep the stockpile high.  The hope was they could use just the civillian harvesters but the draw down from military ships is too large.

The O'Neil wasn't as successful as it was hoped it would be but the NCC doesn't see it as possible to not make the 10 they more or less promissed, they just hope that eventually they will see population that can opperate ground facilities from the effort.  Regardless on humanitarian grounds getting population off that hell hole is hard to argue against.  All extra solar colonists come from Venus at the moment and even when ships aren't transporting population out of Sol they do a short Venus-Mars hop.

Mars now has an atmosphere that is largely earth-like (0.2 atm O2 and at the moment around 0.6 atm N2 plus a small amount of C02 and H20).  One further shift in albedo will bring the final temperature up to just inside human norms.   Rosetta is at 5% O2 and climbing so it is on track to be a world that requires no supporting infrastructure.  The O2 levels on the world in Alpha C that is being terraformed (Caldheme) are slowly dropping down but it is a slow process, the NCC is considering starting up a small colony there to operate Terraformers built on Faewald.  But Faewald needs some further increase in its industrial park.

The NC Army has now 10 combat Brigades on Earth, and is filling out the brigades to the typical standard of 2 Mobile Infantry Battalions and 1 Support Battalion (Garrison) while there is 3 Extra- Solar Brigades each with 2 combat Battalions, 1 Support Battalion and Local Recruiting and Training Cadre.   1 Independent Engineering Brigade is deployed on Rosetta while 2 more are present on Earth and more are being trained.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #342 on: January 29, 2016, 09:43:24 PM »
It lives! Welcome back.

Offline Paul M (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #343 on: February 01, 2016, 03:06:12 AM »
It lives but with good news and bad news.  The good news is with a lot of help from Steve, who performed the minor miracle of remote assistance via board messaging, I have now had two growth turns without error messages...given I was up to 50 or so clicks that is a major improvement.  I still don't have short turns for 5 days but at least I can go away and come back to see the new turn waiting not click-frenzy and more waits.  I hope by messing about with the CrewMorale list I didn't bork anything up...but we shall see.  Anyway that is the good...the bad is that this week for me is exceptionally busy so I will not likely get an update out until next week, there is a slim chance I may get it out this week but it is rather slim.  I will say again "Thank You Very Much Steve" curring that problem is a huge improvement for me.  Also if my purusal of the database is any indication it was not my ships that were the problem...but the NPR ships that had hundreds of millions of seconds of life on them.

Current game date is January 2311 so the AAR is relatively current.  I will say that I am indulging in strategic thought right now about how to proceed for the future.  Bascially up to now the NCN has maintained a fairly interoperable design strategy...same passives, same weapon systems, same missiles across the FG, DD, CL and PDCs.   They are now strongly considering moving to a more diverse array of launch systems and missiles plus the Heavy Cruiser is very likely to have a new DPPD-Array plus fire control.  The only thing that is tied to hull size is the anti-missile sensor and that will clearly be larger for the heavy cruiser.  But this has to be balanced by the research cost and the future management issues.   Also how to employ ships has come up...but here the interaction with maintenance support and fuel facilities really comes into play.  Not sure what way I will come down on most of this...and the NCN wants to gett Jabberwocky into full planning.  But for that they need ships built and worked up...so it is in all likelyhood 3+ years away.   Something else that worries the NCN.  Plus the question of colony protection.  Lots of things are happening basically but I'm not sure how interesting they are compared to ships exploding.

Offline Paul M (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #344 on: February 10, 2016, 11:22:18 AM »
I can but hope the next updates go faster.  I will say right now that the lack of multiple clickings every production turn has improved my enjoyment of the game significantly.  I can be hope that I've not screwed up anything with respect to crew morale while playing about in the Database.

AD 2310 (January to June)  Dealing with the Details

Outside of an issue with the current stockpile and production levels of Galicite the NCC is happy with the overall state of the union.  Their current priority is a transfer to Earth, as fast as possible, of the Abbaa research facilities brought back into operation on Rosetta.  They will retain HLG I for Alpha C and use, for a single run, HLG IV, which will then return to its normal run to Poesidean, but all other HLGs (II, III, V, VI) will be shifted to the Earth-Rosetta run until all facilites are transfered.  Supporting this effort is ICG VI and ICG VII.  These two ICGs are still limited to 334 km/s but are coming up for replacement in the next 18 months.  In sum between 4 Heavy Lift Groups and 2 ICGs 92% of a research centre can be moved from Rosetta to Earth with a single round trip.

The NCN is seeing a significant number of onboard systems developed, which will have to be incorporated into new designs.  The current plan is to wait for a large number of systems to be present to limit overall the number of refits that are necessary.  The overall changes brings the performance of the NCNs new ship designs up significantly and with the improved gravitic sensor performance that is anticipated essentially a total replacement of existing sensor and missile targetting hardware will be necessary.  The development of the twin laser DPPD-Array; however, produces a system that in the mandated amount is just too large to be mounted in a Destroyer hull, so the DDE becomes a CLE.  More troubling is the new hanger deck development, which proves to be larger than hoped for.  Sufficient hanger capacity to carry a flight of three armed pinnaces turns out to require a light cruiser hull.  The design process is still in the early phase and no clear favorite has so far made it out from BuEngineering.  Regardless it is looking like that even a CVE will be a substantial investment.

The NCN is adopting during this time a new organizational structure:
1st Fleet composed of TF1, and TF2
TF1 composed of TG1, and TG2
TF2 composed of TG3, and TG4
TG1 composed of 1st SQN (Heavy Frigate), 2nd SQN (Heavy Frigate) and 3rd SQN (Monitor)
TG2 composed of 4th SQN (Corvette), 5th SQN (Heavy Frigate) and 6th SQN (Heavy Frigate)
TG3 composed of 7th SQN (Light Cruiser), 8th SQN (Destroyer) and 9th SQN (Escort Light Cruiser)
TG4 composed of 10th SQN (Heavy Cruiser), 11th SQN (Destroyer) and 12th SQN (CVE)

TG1 is responsible for Sol System Security; TG2 is responsible for Outer Colony Security; TG3 is responsible for Combat Support; TG4 is intended for Combat Missions

Industrial Efforts, Earth, Sol
Primary Industrial Tasks
2310 (January 21) Construction of the first orbital habitat of the O'Neil class ends and it finishes its transit to near Venus orbit on Febuary 2.  250 000 lucky citizens are able to establish businesses and homes on the orbital city soon after.                     
2310 (March 22) Construction of tools for 10 Construction Factories completed                  
2310 (April 21) Heavy machinery for 5 Mines is farbricated                    
2310 (May 27) Construction of 5 Maintenance Facility ends                  
2310 (June 25) Heavy machinery for 5 Mines is farbricated and heavy machinery for five telepresence operated Mines has begun      

Code: [Select]
O'Neil class Orbital Habitat    1,267,650 tons     268 Crew     2536.2 BP      TCS 25353  TH 1200  EM 0
47 km/s     Armour 1-1043     Shields 0-0     Sensors 5/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 2     PPV 0
MSP 3    Max Repair 75 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 12 months    Spare Berths 0   
Habitation Capacity 250,000   

MAN I CE-300 (4)    Power 300    Fuel Use 5.3%    Signature 300    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 250,000 Litres    Range 0.7 billion km   (163 days at full power)

Seimens Civ Navi 2M/5000 (1)     GPS 500     Range 2.5m km    Resolution 100
NorTEL Civ IR Telescope (1)     Sensitivity 5     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  5m km

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes
This design is classed as an Orbital Habitat for construction purposes

The NCC's first orbital habitat design.  It is mobile enough to move from Earth orbit to Venus and can support 250 000 people comfortably. 

Secondary Industrial Tasks                        
2310 (February 16) Tools for a new Construction Factory completed                  
2310 (February 21) Construction of Maintenance Supplies x25 completed                  
2310 (March 22) Colonial housing prefabs and lifesupport systems for BIC extrasolar colonization efforts is complete Infrastructure x32                  
2310 (May 12) Heavy machinery for a Mine is farbricated                 
2310 (May 17) Construction of Maintenance Supplies x25 completed                  
2310 (June 16) Colonial housing prefabs and lifesupport systems for BIC extrasolar colonization efforts is complete Infrastructure x32 and fabrication of tools for a new Construction Factory begins

Missiles and Fighters                           
2310 (February 7) Construction of 48 Arrow II Anti-Ship Missiles (Batch 2) completed                  
2310 (February 16) Construction of 120 Falcon II Counter Missiles (Batch 1) completed                  
2310 (March 28) Construction of 48 Arrow II Anti-Ship Missiles (Batch 2) completed                  
2310 (April 21) Construction of 120 Falcon III Counter Missiles (Batch 1) completed                  
2310 (June 3) Construction of 48 Arrow II Anti-Ship Missiles (Batch 2) completed               
2310 (June 25) Construction of 120 Falcon III Counter Missiles (Batch 1) completed and construction of a further 120 Falcon III Counter Missiles (Batch 1) begins                  
2310 (May 2) Fairmile D1(EW/SAR) 013 (Fairmile D1(EW/SAR)) built and assigned to DD Assiniboine                     
2310 (June 25) Fairmile D1(EW/SAR) 014 (Fairmile D1(EW/SAR)) built and assigned to CO Quiver II and construction of the next Fairmile D1(EW/SAR) begins

Civillian Operations

2310 (January 3) HvÝtkßrrson Carrier Limited has launched a new HvÝtkßrrson H3 class Fuel Harvester                     
2310 (January 21) The supply of Tritanium on Crommelin has been exhausted                     
2310 (May 2) HvÝtkßrrson Carrier Limited has launched a new HvÝtkßrrson H3 class Fuel Harvester                     
2310 (May 7) The supply of Duranium on 2004 NT33 has been exhausted                     
2310 (May 12) The civilian mining colony on Neujmin has been expanded to 30 civilian mining complexes                     
2310 (May 12) The supply of Tritanium on Chernykh has been exhausted                     
2310 (May 12) The supplies of all minerals on 2004 NT33 have been exhausted. The civilian mining operation is therefore shutting down and the civilian mining complexes will eventually be redeployed elsewhere Yeah right...sure they will be!            
2310 (May 27) The civilian mining colony on Neujmin has been expanded to 31 civilian mining complexes                     
2310 (June 3) The civilian mining colony on Crommelin has been expanded to 11 civilian mining complexes                     
2310 (June 16) Williamson Logistics has scrapped Williamson H2 110 (Williamson H2 class) due to its replacement by a new Williamson H3 class Fuel Harvester                     

Research Developments

2310 (January 16) Dr. VíkingR Hœkillson's team has completed research on improved ion focal systems to enhance engine thrust (Maximum Engine Power Modifier x2) and begins work on the first controlled fusion power plant basis technology (Stellarator Fusion Reactor Technology) and at the same times turns over laboratory space to Dr. Harvey Sinclair for use in developing practical uses of the ion focal systems.
2310 (January 16) Dr. Leopold Herz's team demonstrates the improved Phased Array Threat Detection system to the Navy (Bell Phased Array P3-24) and beings work with NorTEL engineers on upgrading the standard NCN thermal sensor (NorTEL IR Array 2-3)
2310 (January 16) Dr. SigræifR Hildibjörnson's team demonstrates the Skunkwork project to select Naval Brass who are overjoyed with its performance (Dilahunt APDK F2 10cm) and starts work with Toronto Arsenal on a longer ranged DPPD-array (TorAr Defenceman Laser Array)                     
2310 (January 21) Dr. Harvey Sinclair's team along with Rolls Royce demonstrates the latest generation counter missile engine to BuEng (RR Brightflare IE-Mi-02) and then begin work on the next gen engine for larger missiles (RR Strong-Focus IE-Mi-12).  It is is still not possible to make a counter missile able to match the Wolvers Magic Missile.                  
2310 (January 27) Dr. Tristan Brashear's team delivers the build to print design of the next generation of safe shipboard missile storage (Boeing SBMAG II) and begins work on the next generation of Falcon Counter Missile employing the Brightflare engine (Falcon III Counter Missile)                  
2310 (February 2) Dr. Harvey Sinclair's team demonstrates the prototype large missile engine to BuEng (RR Strong-Focus IE-Mi-12) and turns its attention to a new engine for the planned armed pinnace project with engineers from Bombadier (Bombadier Spacejet IM-200)                  
2310 (February 16) Dr. Tristan Brashear's teams efforts are approved by BuEng who recommends immidate adoption of the latest Falcon as the standard NCN counter missile (Falcon III Counter Missile) and they begin working on improved missile handling and storage for Planetary bases (PDC STDMG 5 (Improved))                  
2310 (February 21) Dr. Leopold Herz's team delivers the build to print design for then latest shipborne thermal sensor (NorTEL IR Array 2-3) and with Bell engineers starts work on the passive array employed by the Scout class for probe work (Bell Phased Array P5-40)                  
2310 (February 29) Dr. Harvey Sinclair's team along with Bombadier engineers demostrates the latest small craft engine to the navy (Bombadier Spacejet IM-200), the laboratory space is returned to the main effort to bring the sun's energy source down to earth.               
2310 (March 8 ) Dr. SigræifR Hildibjörnson's team demonstrates the longer ranged DPPD Array to the Navy (TorAr Defenceman Laser Array) and begins work on the "Escort" turret representing the first use of multiple arrays in a single mount by the NCN (TorAr Goalie Twin Laser Array)                  
2310 (April 3) Dr.  Morgan Fowler's team delivers the design for the NCNs next generation of magnetic barrier (GE Barrier B206) and commences work on improved super conductors and better intergration in ship hulls (Gamma Shields)                  
2310 (April 9) Dr. Tristan Brashear's team delivers on their promise of improved efficiency in missile handling for ground bases (PDC STDMG 5 (Improved)) and along with Nordion works to develop a counter missile launcher with improved cycle times (Nordion Target CM Launch System)                  
2310 (April 15) Dr. Tristan Brashear's team demonstrates their higher speed cycling counter missile system to an estatic naval audience (Nordion Target CM Launch System) and begins work to bring the same cycle speed increase for the planetary bases (PCM Silo CM1-2)                  
2310 (April 15) Dr. Leopold Herz's team delivers build to prinnt documentaion for the long range phased array for intial probe ships (Bell Phased Array P5-40) and returns to theoretical research into graviton pulse generation (Active Grav Sensor Strength 16)               
2310 (April 21) Dr. Ben Knowles' team has completed research into (Hangar Deck   ) per agreement the laboratrory space is turned over to Dr. KnaeikiR Holmkellson for research into improved terraforming methodologies (Terraforming rate 0.0025 Atm)            
2310 (April 26) Dr. Tristan Brashear's team completes the design for the improved planetary counter missile silo (PCM Silo CM1-2) and in cooperation with Nordion works to speed up the launcher cycle time for anti-shipping missiles (Nordion Arbalist II ASM Launch System)                  
2310 (May 7) Dr. SigræifR Hildibjörnson's team demonstrates the new CLE armament to BuEng (TorAr Goalie Twin Laser Array)   and commence work on a Skunkwork project that will represent the basis for all Earth's planetary defence bases, and make these the most advanced beam weapons fielded by the NCN (TorAr Backstop II Triple PDCFDT)
2310 (June 16) Dr. Tristan Brashear's team finishes speeding up the space born anti-ship missile launcher (Nordion Arbalist II ASM Launch System)and uses those results on the more easy to handle planetary anti-shipping silo (PSAS Silo M5-2)                  

Code: [Select]
Falcon III Counter Missile Size: 1 MSP  (0.05 HS)     Warhead: 1    Armour: 0     Manoeuvre Rating: 18
Speed: 19200 km/s    Engine Endurance: 2 minutes   Range: 2.7m km
Cost Per Missile: 0.643
Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 345.6%   3k km/s 108%   5k km/s 69.1%   10k km/s 34.6%
Materials Required:    0.25x Tritanium   0.393x Gallicite   Fuel x52.5

Development Cost for Project: 64RP

The next iteration of the Falcon missile.  It retains the range of the Falcon II but has increased speed.  It is still nearly a factor of 3 too slow to match the Wolver's Magic Missile.

BuEng looks at a new design for the Arrow series of anti-shipping missile utilizing the new RR Strong-Focus engine.  The missile would have reduced range compared to the current Arrow II and Arrow IIL in service.  This would be acceptable from the ship borne missile use perspective but not ideal for the planetary bases.  It was decided to not update the anti-shipping missile until changes could be made in the aviaonics and strike package at the same time.  It is clear; however, that in the future it may be necessary to produce parallel missiles for both planetary bases and ships.  It is also clear that a counter for Wolver fire confusion systems has to be found.

Civillian Yard: Litton-Ingalls Shipbuilding Corp., Sol
2310 (February 29) Petrol (Petrol (IU) class) built and assigned to Fuel Harvester Group I and the ship departs immediately for Jupiter.                  
2310 (March 22) Benzene (Petrol (IU) class) built and assigned to Fuel Harvester Group I, which is currently at Jupiter.                  

Civillian Yard: S/A Ansaldo Shipyards, Sol
2310 (March 22) Loch (Loch (IU) class) exits the construction slip and is assigned to Fuel Harvester Group I, which is currently at Jupiter.  The complement of FHG II is now complete.

Naval Yard: New London Ship & Engine Co., Sol
2310 (January 27) 500 tonnes of capacity added (Total: 5000 tonnes)                  
2310 (March 8 ) 500 tonnes of capacity added (Total: 5500 tonnes)                     
2310 (April 15) 500 tonnes of capacity added (Total: 6000 tonnes)                  
2310 (May 22) 500 tonnes of capacity added (Total: 6500 tonnes)                  
2310 (June 25) 500 tonnes of capacity added (Total: 7000 tonnes)                  

Naval Yard: Old Norfolk Naval Yards, Sol
2310 (May 7) Reece Booth, Peter Morganrot, and Michael Wells (Fallen Mod1 class) complete their refits                  

Naval Yard: Victorias Esquimalt Graving Dock, Sol 
2310 (April 15) Saxifrage and Red Lilly (Flower Mod2 class) are built and assigned to 6th Squadron Support Group                     
2310 (May 7) Waterloo (Wounded Knee Mod2 class) completed and assigned to 1st Squadron Battlegroup                     

Naval Yard: Irving Shipbuilding, Sol
2310 (June 3) Slipway added (total: 2)                     

Northern Coallition Army                     
2310 (January 21) 9th Bde HQ trained                  
2310 (March 8 ) 10th Bde HQ trained; this completes the planned for 10 combat Brigades of the NCA.            
2310 (March 8 ) Peacekeeper HQ (North America) trained               
2310 (March 14) Peacekeeper HQ (Eurozone) trained               

Spaceframe Renewal Program

It is getting to the point that the bulk of the NCNs combat ships with extensive time on their space frames have been scraped and rebuilt.  The first 3 Virtue class OWPs are scraped to be rebuilt as monitors.  BICs freighter fleet is nearly all ion drive equipped and work is begining on clearling out the older (HP) varients of the mobile fuel harvester classes.

NCN Paid Off List                       
2310 (January 27) Faith, Loyalty, and Steadfastness (Virtue class) scrapped. Recovered Components: 12x TorAr Goaltender II Laser Array, 6x Grundig Sureshot Mk1-25/20X  BFC, 6x CANDU AHW 6MW, 3x Bell Phased Array P3-15, 3x NorTEL IR Array 0-3, 18x GE Barrier A119, 3x Seimens SCMS Vigilant Plus 51/4-0050, 30 000 Litres Fuel               
2310 (February 16) Stirge (Gargoyle Mod1.2 class) scrapped. Recovered Components: 2x Grumman SCMFC 52-50, 6x Nordion Buckler CM Launch System, 2x Boeing SBMAG, 5x Rolls Royce NP E-M40Si, 1x Bell Phased Array P3-18, 6x GE Barrier A117, 1x NorTEL IR Array 1-3, 1x Seimens SSS 63-3000, 1x Seimens SCMS Sentry II  62/3-0050, 350   000 Litres Fuel            
2310 (February 21) Amber and Chromium (Bauxite Long Range (EE) class) scrapped. Recovered Components: 1x MAN NP CE-200, 1x Seimens Civ Navi 2M/5000, 5x Cargo Handling System, 1x NorTEL Civ IR Telescope, 250 000 Litres Fuel      
2310 (May 12) See (Loch (HP) class) scrapped. Recovered Components: 1x Saab CJX 2-600   , 5x Sorium Harvester, 1x NorTEL Civ IR Telescope, 1x Seimens Civ Navi 2M/5000, 3x MAN NP CE-100, 152 671 Litres Fuel   
2310 (May 17) Kerosene and Essence (Petrol (HP) class) scrapped. Recovered Components: 18x Sorium Harvester, 2x NorTEL Civ IR Telescope, 2x Seimens Civ Navi 2M/5000, 6x MAN NP CE-100, 305   342 Litres Fuel      
2310 (June  16) Wild Rose and Purple Violet (Flower Mod1.1 class) scrapped. Recovered Components: 2x Grumman SCMFC 52-50, 6x Boeing SBCM Cell, 6x Nordion Buckler CM Launch System, 10x Rolls Royce NP E-M40Si, 2x Bell Phased Array P3-18, 2x Seimens SCMS Sentry II  62/3-0050   , 2x Seimens SSS 63-3000, 2x NorTEL IR Array 1-3, 2x Saab JB3-90E1, 12x GE Barrier A117, 529 450 Litres Fuel      

BIC Operation in AD Leonis   

The increased speed of the various transport groups and the focus on transporting the alien research laboratories to Earth has resulted in Forge traffic control being even busier than usual.  Heavy Lift Group V arrives on January 3 the same day that the ships of Heavy Lift Group IV depart.  Heavy Lift Group V breaks orbit on January 9.  On January 21st Heavy Lift Group II makes Forge orbit and departs for Sol on Febuary 2.  On Febuary 11 Heavy Lift Group VI arrives to refuel and heads off for Rosetta on Febuary 16.  ICG VII arrives on March 17 and departs on April 15 for Sol.  On April 23 Heavy Lift Group III arrives from Rosetta and departs for Sol on May 2.  On May 1 Heavy Lift Group IV arrives at Forge to refuel and departs on May 7.  On May 2 ICG VI arrives at Forge and the ships depart on June 3 for Sol.  On May 21, Heavy Lift Group II makes Forge orbit of refueling and the ships depart on May 27.  That same day FHG V, VI, and XII arrive to add to the Forge Farm, the ships crews will be on shore leave until June 25 and the ships are back harvesting on June 26.  On June 3 ICG VIII arrives and departs on June 16.

In eartly January 6th and 5th Squadrons complete the exchange of responsibilites for the Wolver watch in Wolf 358.  6th Squadron arrives back in Sol for overhaul and crew leave on January 23.

BIC Operation in Alpha Centauri                       

Faewald's industrial park is operating full out to produce sufficient housing and life support for 1.5 million people Infrastructure x450+ and a good part of this is put into warehouses against future need.  The gap between the population and the supply is slowly but steadily increasing to the collective relief of Govenor House and the NCC administration on Earth.  The steady stream of transports continues.  On January 3 ICG IV arrives at Faewald and the ships finish shore leave along with those of Heavy Lift Group I with both groups departing on January 9.  On January 13 ICG II arrives at Faewald and is turned around and departs for Sol on Febuary 7.  On March 3, Interstellar Terraforming Mission III makes Faewald orbit to give the ships crew long awaited shore leave, the crews are on leave until May 12 and the ships return to Caldheme on May 22 to resume removing oxygen from that planets atmosphere.  On April 26 FHG X arrives to add to the Farm and the ships crews are back onboard for a departure on May 22 resuming harvesting on May 28.  On May 2 ICG I arrives and the ships depart for the journey back to Earth on May 7.  On May 8 ICG III arrives in Faewald after picking up the minerals produced on Banshee and they then load Faewalds mineral production and depart for Earth on May 17.

BIC Operation in FL Virginis

Biforst Traffic control is mostly monitoring the various groups transiting to or from Rosetta though in most cases the ships stop briefly at Biforst to unload colonial lifesupport and prefabbed housing or tools and machinery.  The local industrial park produces additional housing and lifesupport for 0.4 m people Infrastructure x80+ in this time period, maintaining a comfortable margin against the needs of the growing population.  On January 5 FHG VII arrives to add to the Farm and the harvesters depart for Valhalla on Febuary 7 and are harvesting the next day.

BIC Operation in Gl 493.1

Poesiden continues to grow steadily, approaching 3 m inhabitants.  The local industrial park continues to expand the amount of mining and fabrication machinery available in system.   On Febuary 29 enough teleoperated machinery is completed for a standard mining installation.  It will be transported to Moon VI by the ships of ICG VIII which arrived on March 2 and completed crew leave on March 8.  After the teleoperated mine's machinery was completed the industrial park turned to making fabrication tools to expand its capacity.  Heavy Lift Group IV departed for Sol on January 9.  On May 9 FHG XI arrived to bolster the Farm, the ships departing for Amphirite on June 16 and arriving a day later.

BIC Operation in Gliese 408   

The colony continues to expand.  The local industrial park is concentrating on air conditioning and pre-fabricated housing producing enough for 0.69 m colonists Inftrastructure x20+ .  The 1st Geosurvey team continues its efforts, Moon 12 being confirmed to be without transnewton resources on April 3.  The team moves on to moon 13.

2310 (April 3) The 1st Geosurvey Team has completed its surface-based geological survey of Gliese 408-A VI - Moon 12                     
2310 (April 3) 1st Geosurvey Team dropped off on Gliese 408-A VI - Moon 13                     

BIC Operation in Gliese 526

Rosetta's industrial park continues to produce generic life support and prefabricated housing, warehousing enough for 0.3 m Infrastructure x60+ against future use on another colony.  On April 28, Heavy Lift Group V arrives, discharges its colonists and loads Abbaa research lab materials, departing for Earth on May 12.  On June 11, Heavy Lift Group VI arrives lands their passengers before loading Abbaa research lab materials and departing of Earth on June 16.  The 1st NC Construction brigade has little luck returning other Abbaa installations to operational status but at least doesn't trigger another robotic incursion.

2310 (February 29) 1st NC Construction Bde has attempted to recover an alien installation but the installation was beyond repair                     
2310 (March 28) 1st NC Construction Bde has attempted to recover an alien installation but the installation was beyond repair                     

Outsystem Survey Operations   

Gliese 488

Alpha and Beta Grav Survey Missions plus IS III complete their survey of the system on April 10.  The ships return to Ross 695 on April 29, are back in AD Leonis on June 4 and are nearly on the Lalande 21185-Sol jump point by June 30.

2310 (March 14) New Jump Point found in the Gliese 488 System                     
2310 (April 10) Gravitational Survey Completed in the Gliese 488 system. The system has a total of 2 jump points                     
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:44:25 AM by Paul M »