Author Topic: 2.0 Bugs  (Read 15535 times)

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
(No subject)
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2007, 08:27:21 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
Something bizarro just happened.

I sent a fleet through a unexplored jump point, and it connected to a previously explored system (on the galactic map only). In the event log, it showed a new system. As I attempted to move the systems around to prevent a line streaking across the map, I got 5 error 5 each time I moved a system.

I hit refresh, and the map fixed itself.
Any problems since? I also had a strange error when connecting to an existing system (but only once, not for every existing system) but it seems to have had no long term effect. Unfortunately, the occasional intermittent error is the hardest to pin down :( If you get the error again please send me a copy of the DB before hitting the refresh button.

Steve

I think it happened one other time.

Early on in the game, on system generation, it had seemed to lock up, so I killed the process. But I ended up with an orphan system that I eventually deleted. I wonder if something from that is causing the issue?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Erik Luken »

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
(No subject)
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2007, 11:43:27 AM »
This is a wierd one.

Gave a cargo fleet and colony fleet similar orders, separated by a month (so the cargo arrives first).

Path is Sol - New York - Nexus 755 - Boston - Miami - Oklahoma - Memphis

Sol obviously is the origin of the infrastructure and colonists. There are existing colonies in NY, Boston and Miami. Jump Gates exist between all links except Oklahoma - Memphis.

On the screenshot, you will notice that the fleet is in Boston, however, the order queue thinks the fleets is still in Sol.

The order sequence is Load at Earth, Transit NY, Transit N755, Transit Boston, Refuel Far Station (Boston colony), Transit Miami, Transit OK, Transit Memphis, Unload at Memphis, Transit OK, Transit Miami, Transit Boston, Refuel Far Station, Transit N755, Transit NY, Transit Sol, Refuel Earth.

I then hit repeat (4). Not four times, but change the 1 to 4 and hit repeat so I get 5 iterations of the orders.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2007, 07:24:34 AM »
Decided to start terraforming a planet with zero atmo pressure. Figured I'd build to .79atm of Nitrogen, and then work from there.

The first increment of time after  this was implemented involved a number of divide by 0 errors and then a general lockup of Aurora (I terminated the process after 5 minutes).

On restart, it looks as if things are okay. The planet has .0001atm of Nitrogen (which is 122%?)

I tried terraforming a world with no atmosphere but I haven't managed to replicate the errors or the lockup (although I did get the wrong percentage) so its possible I have already inadvertently fixed this. Please let me know if you get the same problem after v2.1 is released.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2007, 07:47:09 AM »
Quote from: "Brian"
When using the Reasearch All button the technologies researched do not pay any attention to the prerequisites.  This is very apperant with the ECM where compact ecm 6 is researched when only regular ecm 4 has been completed.

I have changed the code so it runs in a loop. Each time through the loop it only adds tech that is within the development cost and has all the pre-requisites. This way it builds up the tech list within the cost limit but does not add any tech without the pre-requisites. If it runs through the loop without finding any new eligible tech, the loop exits.

The tooltip for the All Research button has been changed to:
"Give this race all research projects with a development cost less than a specified amount where the dev cost of any pre-requisite tech is also within the specified amount"

Steve

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2007, 12:18:20 PM »
Snip

The tooltip for the All Research button has been changed to:
"Give this race all research projects with a development cost less than a specified amount where the dev cost of any pre-requisite tech is also within the specified amount"

Steve

Thanks, it was getting a little annonying on occasion.

Brian
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Brian »

Offline Pete_Keller

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • P
(No subject)
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2007, 09:52:24 PM »
Quote from: "Pete_Keller"
If you are currently not researching anything, but have something queued in the pending area, on a time advance, you should move the top queued item to be the current research project.
Not sure how this situation would occur. If a project ends, the top queued item is moved in and there is no way to remove a project without replacing it. Unless someone accidently queues a project for an empty research lab instead of researching it, the above shouldn't happen.

Yes, that is what I did.

In population location box, shade in the currently displayed population.
Not quite sure what you mean here. On which window is this box?

Left hand side of F2 screen

Add a conditional order of "# spares left" to allow someone to move to nearest colony when # spares left = 1 for example
Added two new conditions. "1 Spare Remaining" and "2 Spares Remaining".

in System Map -> Display 2, add or change "Asteroids with colonies" to "Asteroids with colonies or minerals"
Some people may not want to see both at the same time so I have added an extra option for "Asteroids with Minerals Only"

Event message XXX built on YYY ... add "assigned to ZZZ fleet"
Added to v2.1

Thanks for all the above.

After about 80 years or so (my notes on this are missing), the program starts throwing an error every turn.
Without the error message it is difficult to diagnose the problem. However, try compacting the database (on the miscellaneous menu) as there are sometimes problems with database size in longer games.

Steve

I don't think the database is the issue, it was small when I looked at it.  This one is easily reproducible.  Remove the academy, and tell it to run, it will error out eventually.  I think it is an integer overflow.  I found this one when I was running a game where I started from scratch, and had to generate all technology (with only one lab)

Pete
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Pete_Keller »

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
(No subject)
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2007, 09:15:00 AM »
Galactic map. Tooltip text for "Display Systems with >100m pop" references PU.

Offline Pete_Keller

• P
(No subject)
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2007, 11:54:38 AM »
Followup to my last post with more details.

After about 80 years or so (my notes on this are missing), the program starts throwing an error every turn.
Without the error message it is difficult to diagnose the problem. However, try compacting the database (on the miscellaneous menu) as there are sometimes problems with database size in longer games.

Steve

I don't think the database is the issue, it was small when I looked at it.  This one is easily reproducible.  Remove the academy, and tell it to run, it will error out eventually.  I think it is an integer overflow.  I found this one when I was running a game where I started from scratch, and had to generate all technology (with only one lab)

Pete

This one appears to be easily reproducible, but does not appear to be the database (database size is 39,184 KB when the error occurred)

Start a new game.
Edit and remove the naval academy.
Turn off fuel production.
Using the time control, run at 5 minutes per second.

on 16 January 1069 00:00 you will get the following error:

Code: [Select]
Error in AddToRaceWealth

Error 3421 was generated by DAO.Field
Data type conversion error.
Please report to stevewalmsley@btinternet.com

when you acknowledge that one, you get the following error:

Code: [Select]
Error in GetRaceWealth

Error 3421 was generated by DAO.Field
Data type conversion error.
Please report to stevewalmsley@btinternet.com

Upon acknowledging that one, I received another 3421 in AddToRaceWealth followed by another 3421 in GetRaceWealth.

However I think the second pair were caused by my running in realtime mode.

When I looked at the race wealth, I have 0s.

Pete

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2007, 03:13:25 PM »
I was just conducting a battle when I realized that the turreted meson guns were hitting the shields and armor of thier target.  The armor was totally negating the damage of the mesons.  The non turret mesons were doing just fine and ignoring shields and armor both.  Here is a portion of the event report

24th January 3500 01:18:21,Swakopmund,Swakopmund,Spiculum BB 500 002 hit by 1 points of damage from Twin R10.5/C3 Meson Cannon Turret
24th January 3500 01:18:21,Swakopmund,Swakopmund,1 damage caused to shields. Shield Strength now 0.8000031.
24th January 3500 01:18:21,Swakopmund,Swakopmund,Spiculum BB 500 002 hit by 1 points of damage from Twin R10.5/C3 Meson Cannon Turret
24th January 3500 01:18:21,Swakopmund,Swakopmund,Shields down after absorbing 0.8000031 points of damage.
24th January 3500 01:18:21,Swakopmund,Swakopmund,All damage absorbed by armour.
24th January 3500 01:18:21,Swakopmund,Swakopmund,Shields down after absorbing 0 points of damage.
24th January 3500 01:18:21,Swakopmund,Swakopmund,Shields down after absorbing 0 points of damage.

Brian
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Brian »

Offline Pete_Keller

• P
More comments and Errata
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2007, 12:50:22 PM »
System Map -- Change Jump Point Text and Jump Gate Box to same red as the Jump Point.

System Map -- Give an option to show un-surveyed JP locales only.

Event Log -- Change last time segment to add "(DD:HH MM:SS)" at the end.

Event Log -- Is there a max string size, I have a screen shot where minerals were cut off in mid word.

Event Log -- Received the following message "Cannot drop off divisions as the destination is not a population"  -> It was a freighter dropping off infrastructure.

Population and production -> Shipbuilding -- In task details section add a display that shows completion date for selected task if started today.

Fleet Orders -- If you plot to  "move to (or transit) jump point #xx" because jump point #xx is undiscovered, and a unit transits the jump point, change the message to add the system name.

Fleet Orders -- When you transit into an unknown system, you should have a system location available of "Jump point to system XXX" where XXX is the system you just transited from.

Pete

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
(No subject)
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2007, 01:51:38 PM »
From that large screen shot on page 7. I have another fleet doing the same. Location is Boston, but orders show it being in Nexus 755.

I'm mailing you the DB Steve.

Offline Pete_Keller

• P
(No subject)
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2007, 08:42:33 AM »
1)  "Insufficient Jump Gate Components in this fleet" is a pop-up, I think it should be an event.

2)  Population and Production -> Population Locations -- I selected a newly installed colony and recieved the following error pop-up:  "Error in lstPopulations_click  Error 11 Division by zero"
NOTE: Current infrastructure was zero (freighter was unloading at the time)
No error occured after freighter had completed the offload.

3) Tech Systems Database -- ID=24655 Prerequisite#2=25654, should be 24654

4) Tech Systems Database -- IDs=25608 thru 25619 should read "Turret" vice "Turrent"

5) Tech Systems Database -- IDs=12106 thru 12117 should add "Laser" i.e. "10cm Laser Focal Size"

6) Error Logging -- You should add a "Race" called something like "ERROR-LOG" and have all the pop-ups dump a more detailed error message to the log. Allowing us to dump that portion of the error log and send it to you.

Pete

Offline Pete_Keller

• P
(No subject)
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2007, 11:59:47 AM »
More Bugs

1) Individual Unit Details -> Fuel/Spares/Teams -- When you hit (manual fuel transfer) - transfer from or transfer to, it updates the fuel indicator, but not the range indicator.

2) Galactic Map does not maintain zoom level.

3) Individual Unit Details -- I major overhauled a ship, once done, I refitted it, it showed 1yr, 7mos, 17days since overhaul.  I have a level 2 maintenance facility on the same planet.  I think there is something wrong with the time since last overhaul display.

4) If you assign a CO (with 20% factory bonus) to a "jump gate construction unit" in the middle of the construction project, the time to finish does not update for the bonus of the CO.

5) Event updates -- a mineral shortage error throws one error per shipyard on the same planet instead of one error for the planet.

6) Fleet orders-> Time and distance calculations -- If you select all orders and transit an unknown WP the calculation shows 0, however if you move to the unknown wp then transit it, it shows the correct time.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2007, 05:39:26 AM »
This is a wierd one.

Gave a cargo fleet and colony fleet similar orders, separated by a month (so the cargo arrives first).

Path is Sol - New York - Nexus 755 - Boston - Miami - Oklahoma - Memphis

Sol obviously is the origin of the infrastructure and colonists. There are existing colonies in NY, Boston and Miami. Jump Gates exist between all links except Oklahoma - Memphis.

On the screenshot, you will notice that the fleet is in Boston, however, the order queue thinks the fleets is still in Sol.

The order sequence is Load at Earth, Transit NY, Transit N755, Transit Boston, Refuel Far Station (Boston colony), Transit Miami, Transit OK, Transit Memphis, Unload at Memphis, Transit OK, Transit Miami, Transit Boston, Refuel Far Station, Transit N755, Transit NY, Transit Sol, Refuel Earth.

I then hit repeat (4). Not four times, but change the 1 to 4 and hit repeat so I get 5 iterations of the orders.

I notice that further down the screenshot orders list are sequential orders for refuel at Earth and refuel in Boston. Is is possible you hit repeat before you completed the orders loop? If not, there must be some bug in the repeat code. I'll see what I can find.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2007, 05:40:43 AM »
In population location box, shade in the currently displayed population.
Not quite sure what you mean here. On which window is this box?
Left hand side of F2 screen

The currently selected population should be in the title bar.

Steve