Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 95460 times)

Offline Llamatoesl

• Petty Officer
  • L
Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2014, 01:06:59 PM »
Ok, i understand.  However, i dont see how that helps me in continueing my simulation ? Am i supposed delete a faction ?
You can't delete the faction.
If you are in the early game, then I recommend a restart, you'll lose nothing of value, and reaching where you are now will not take a long time.
Late game, I recommend you just push thorough it.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2014, 01:15:17 PM »
Ok, i understand.  However, i dont see how that helps me in continueing my simulation ? Am i supposed delete a faction ?

Do you have auto-turns checked? Make sure it is checked and then click on 5-day turns. Steve added some logic to try and handle these edge cases, if it yo-yos like this for 'x' number of times during auto-turns then it will delete one of the offending NPR task forces. If 5-day turns doesn't work then try 30-day turns, you have to make sure there are enough yo-yos for it to register as an issue.

Offline spoongoon

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #227 on: July 25, 2014, 05:15:04 AM »
Game version 6.43
Conventional start 35 yrs into the game.

When i try to drop off a sensor bouy at a jump point using either the ships window Msl Launch or the task group window Msl Launch buttons the game tells me the fleet is suffering from effects of transit when they did not come trough the jump point or even have jump engines. I can still do it from the orders menu by using launch missiles at so it´s not a big deal but something to know anyway.
The bouy doesn´t have engines, it´s a one stage size 5 missile with thermal, Em and active.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #228 on: July 25, 2014, 09:57:26 AM »
When a military design under tow receives a maintenance failure it automatically detaches itself into a new task group. However, the tractor link is not formally broken and still exists in the ship window. That means that a player cannot directly re-establish a new link from the task force window, because that would result in a message telling me the target is already being towed. Instead you will have to manually break the link in the ship window before trying to reunite both in the task force window.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2014, 07:51:09 AM »
The "Match Speed" checkbox on for copying orders to subordinate formations seems not to work properly. It must be one of those instead: Either it sets the speed of all subordinates to maximum, or it assumes the leader TG is flying at maximum instead of looking for its current speed.
I assume it is the first one - just all max.

Offline AncientSion

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #230 on: July 28, 2014, 09:10:32 AM »
One thing that is major pain in the arse, so to speak, is that while copy and designing a ship, the "eligible classes" tab shows another ship can be shared, but once you actually confirm, its gone !
I wasted so much time designing a ship and now i need to constantly re-equip ?!

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #231 on: July 28, 2014, 11:17:23 AM »
Some things, like viewing missile loadouts at the summary screen or what you were talking about, need you to refresh that design by switching to another design then switching back.

Offline Viridia

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2014, 07:47:16 AM »
Just tried building a size ten missile for PDC's following my upgrade to version 6.43, and I've noticed an odd thing about my proposed missile design. I'm not great at screenshots, so here's the relevant text;

Code: [Select]
Missile Size: 10 MSP  (0.5 HS)     Warhead: 4    Armour: 0     Manoeuvre Rating: 16
Speed: 2500 km/s    Engine Endurance: 14.8 hours   Range: 133.3m km
Cost Per Missile: 2.4725
Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 40%   3k km/s 0%   5k km/s 8%   10k km/s 4%
Materials Required:    1x Tritanium   1.4725x Gallicite   Fuel x250

Development Cost for Project: 247RP

As you can see, the fact that it registers a 0% hit chance for 3k km/s targets is quite odd, and I've never come across it in in the 6.3 version. Is this a game-breaking error or is it a mundane case of a few characters being left out?

Offline necropolis

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • n
« Reply #233 on: August 11, 2014, 03:41:49 AM »
I've researched two different technologies now that do not act as if they have been researched.

The first was a fuel production upgrade.   When I looked at sorium harvesters after the research was concluded, the numbers all reflected the previous level of research.   This eventually went away when I researched the next level of fuel production.

I just finished Magnetic Confinement engine tech, and the option to use it does not appear in the design menu.   I would proceed as I did before, and research the next level of engine tech, however it gets very expensive at this point and I wouldn't be able to use my newest engine tech for several years, which is. . . uncomfortable.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #234 on: August 11, 2014, 06:27:23 AM »
Just tried building a size ten missile for PDC's following my upgrade to version 6.43, and I've noticed an odd thing about my proposed missile design. I'm not great at screenshots, so here's the relevant text;

Code: [Select]
Missile Size: 10 MSP  (0.5 HS)     Warhead: 4    Armour: 0     Manoeuvre Rating: 16
Speed: 2500 km/s    Engine Endurance: 14.8 hours   Range: 133.3m km
Cost Per Missile: 2.4725
Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 40%   3k km/s 0%   5k km/s 8%   10k km/s 4%
Materials Required:    1x Tritanium   1.4725x Gallicite   Fuel x250

Development Cost for Project: 247RP

As you can see, the fact that it registers a 0% hit chance for 3k km/s targets is quite odd, and I've never come across it in in the 6.3 version. Is this a game-breaking error or is it a mundane case of a few characters being left out?

This is just an issue with the missile design display.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #235 on: August 11, 2014, 10:19:31 AM »
I've researched two different technologies now that do not act as if they have been researched.

The first was a fuel production upgrade.   When I looked at sorium harvesters after the research was concluded, the numbers all reflected the previous level of research.   This eventually went away when I researched the next level of fuel production.

I just finished Magnetic Confinement engine tech, and the option to use it does not appear in the design menu.   I would proceed as I did before, and research the next level of engine tech, however it gets very expensive at this point and I wouldn't be able to use my newest engine tech for several years, which is. . . uncomfortable.
Have you closed and reopened the design window? Many pages will need you to do this when new tech or something is added to the database, for instance when you create a new colony the production window won't even show that colony unless the window gets refreshed....
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline necropolis

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • n
« Reply #236 on: August 11, 2014, 12:23:16 PM »
Yes.   I have reopened every window, including the game itself.   Refreshed, changed design screens and back, made certain the new technology appears under Completed, made certain that I couldn't use SM mode to re-research it, or take it away and give it back, had the scientist who developed the technology develop another tech in the same field, and still the technology does not show up in the design menu.   The same as the previous tech did not reflect in actual fuel production.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #237 on: August 11, 2014, 02:20:26 PM »
Can you upload your stevefire.mdb somewhere, so it can be checked? In a 6.4x game where I reached and surpassed this tech level, there was no problem, but who knows what is causing this.

Offline Whitecold

• Commander
  • W
« Reply #238 on: August 11, 2014, 04:39:20 PM »
Cosmetic Bug: When I change the abbreviation of ground unit types, this does not seem to stick, the trained units retain the official, original abbreviation.

Offline necropolis

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • n
« Reply #239 on: August 11, 2014, 05:52:14 PM »
hxxp: silverglassworks. com/Stevefire. mdb