Author Topic: Houserules and Game Information  (Read 3283 times)

Offline MultiVitamin (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • M
Houserules and Game Information
« on: April 26, 2019, 08:15:17 PM »
The Game Setup

There are currently 3 player empires.

The Vorghal Federations (Played by Doodle_SM)

The Terran Federation (Played by Garfunkel)

The Maian Herds (Played by Panopticon)

Real Stars: No

Star Swarm: Yes

Precursors: Yes

Invaders: No (But will be enabled later if players aren't challenged enough)

Use Commander Political Bonuses: No

NPRS: No

Primitives: Yes (Primitives are of my own creation, they're an NPC empire I create, if they do spawn, that are conventional but do not progress at all technology wise)

Maximum Number of Systems: 1000 (Might be changed in order to allow players to meet earlier)

NPC Empires: 2 (Empires played by me)

The House Rules
Through a series of votes between the 3 current players and myself, we've come to an agreement for 3 House Rules.

House Rule 1: Unrest and Rebellion

Whenever Unrest is building in an empire somewhere, if it reaches above 75% then a roll will happen every 6 in game months, at the end of said month). The roll will be a d20, and it'll get a +1 to the roll for every 5% of Unrest above 75%. If the result equals 20, then a Rebellion will happen. If Unrest reaches 100%, then a Rebellion will happen immediately.

If a Rebellion happens then the planet that it happens on will spawn Rebel ships (though tech won't be exactly equal), any ships owned by the original Empire in orbit of the planet will be immediately destroyed, 25% of the planets Total Population will be converted to Rebels, and 25% of all industry on that planet will be converted to Rebel industry.

A Rebellion can be suppressed by either killing all of them, or lowering the Unrest on the planet below 10%. However, if the Rebels manage to Colonize a new Planet, then the player now has to deal with a living Rebel faction of which you can only get rid of by killing or suppressing all of it's territory.

Capital planets can spawn Rebels, but instead of spawning ships, destroying orbiting ships and converting part of the population to Rebels, Capital planets instead get a higher chance for Rebel events to happen, which can destroy infrastructure, kill population, cause diplomatic problems with other empires, leak tch/political/military info, and a variety of all kinds of other things I can think of.

House Rule 2: Events

Whenever something noteworthy happens in the game in relation to a player empire, a d20 will be rolled, with a modifier depending on how major the event itself was, will be rolled. Alongside this, a d10 will also be rolled to decide how many Events overall will happen in the next 5 years, alongside a d12 roll and d30 roll to decide when, and a d6 to decide what kind of event (d7 if Rebel events are active. Only "Planned" events lower the amount of "Events happening in the next 5 years".

If a Rebel faction spawns somewhere else, then Rebel events have a chance of happening anywhere in that players empire so long as those Rebels exist.

When an event happens, the player of that empire can make an RP post of their leader addressing it, and depending on how it goes (decided via debate) can enhance or diminish the effect of it.

As decided upon by player vote, Events can be as limiting as I want them to be, so long as it doesn't fully stop the player from progressing forward.

Event Table:
1 - Military
2 - Industry
3 - Population
4 - Politics
5 - Science
6 - Commerce
(Only when Rebels are active)
7 - Rebel

House Rule 3: Turns

Once every player has input their orders, they will then decide what kind of Turn will take place. The normal turns are:

Combat Turn - 5 Seconds
Normal Turn - 5 Days
Long Turn - 30 Days
Extended Turn - 60 Days

If a player requests a shorter turn in comparison to what the other players want, if they give a valid reasoning as to why then that shorter turn will take place. Turns can also be any amount of time the players agree on, these are just the standard turns.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 08:24:36 PM by MultiVitamin »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Houserules and Game Information
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 05:45:01 PM »
Re: House Rule #1:
=============

Will rebelling colonies be given to other board members to run?  Or even a group of board members?  I can see a fair bit of fun in Popular-Peoples'-Front-of-Judea vs Judean-Peoples'-Front - vs Judean-Communist-Party shenanigans.

Offline MultiVitamin (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • M
Re: Houserules and Game Information
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 06:52:47 PM »
Re: House Rule #1:
=============

Will rebelling colonies be given to other board members to run?  Or even a group of board members?  I can see a fair bit of fun in Popular-Peoples'-Front-of-Judea vs Judean-Peoples'-Front - vs Judean-Communist-Party shenanigans.

Rebelling Colonies can be given to board members, or a group of them, if they believe they can commit to it.

Alongside this, i'll post the rules for Espionage/Sabotage if it does happen (I'm holding off on it for now until players meet eachother/NPCs)