Author Topic: Bug reports  (Read 23354 times)

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
Re: Bugs report
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2020, 01:22:26 PM »
Downloaded V91 of Quasar, installed Redistributables and the game runs. However, I tried to generate a new game, but after all settings I clicked on "Generate Game" and Quarar CTDs. After relaunch, I do have basically an empty shell of a game in the DB.
Can you delete the old save at %APPDATA%\Roaming\Godot\app_userdata\Quasar4x\quasar4x.sqlite and try again, and post screenshot of the new game settings before clicking Create Game please?

Here it is:

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2020, 03:46:51 PM »
Downloaded V91 of Quasar, installed Redistributables and the game runs. However, I tried to generate a new game, but after all settings I clicked on "Generate Game" and Quarar CTDs. After relaunch, I do have basically an empty shell of a game in the DB.
Can you delete the old save at %APPDATA%\Roaming\Godot\app_userdata\Quasar4x\quasar4x.sqlite and try again, and post screenshot of the new game settings before clicking Create Game please?

Here it is:

Fixed for Version 92!

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2020, 04:54:51 PM »
I'm having troubles with the sector civilian administrator. I can't assign a Governor of my only sector "earth sector". Anyone else have tried to build a sector command and not been able to assign governor ?

Im was very happy to find out that mass driver bombardment is working...

https://imgur.com/deMXFMG

Was not so happy that the way i found out was because there is no check that you don't remove the last mass driver from your own colony's.

In Aurora the game will warn you if you remove the last mass driver from a planet that has incoming mineral packages - i think we should have this in Q4x aswell :)

it seems that asteroid mining doesn't work on comets, but i think they should?

All fixed for Version 92

The following users thanked this post: Gram123

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2020, 04:56:35 PM »
Its seems to me there is a bug on the "Re number" button on the "class design" Screen. It doesn't seems to do anything.

Can you post a screenshot of the Ships in Class prior to clicking the Renumber button?

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2020, 01:55:02 PM »
Thanks, with Version 92 the game generation works. There is though a bug in it. I told it to create 6 research facilities and I got three... .

The Races Screen shows "null" for Empire Name. In the dropdown box I find the correct name, but can't select it. It stays on "null".
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 02:15:29 PM by TMaekler »

The following users thanked this post: Kyle

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2020, 10:24:07 PM »
Thanks, with Version 92 the game generation works. There is though a bug in it. I told it to create 6 research facilities and I got three... .

The Races Screen shows "null" for Empire Name. In the dropdown box I find the correct name, but can't select it. It stays on "null".

If you change start type or government type it will overwrite what's in the research facilities box, but I also found and fixed a bug that showed population data from a previous game if you had one loaded then switched to a different one in the same session.

I wasn't able to reproduce the "null" empire name but I found and fixed a pretty severe bug on the Race Details window that affected almost all of the values displayed, not just the name. 

Just pushed Version 93 containing these fixes plus a super important fix to the optional database backups that would have messed things up badly if anyone had it enabled.

Offline kyonkundenwa

• Chief Petty Officer
  • k
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2020, 01:19:43 AM »
Here are a couple.  Using win64, version 92.

Not a bug, but there doesn't seem to be any way to tell what version you're using.  Not in the about, not in a readme, etc.  Please tell me if I am just not looking in the right place.

Clicking "reorder" in the Commanders menu crashes the game.  I don't think I've ever clicked it in Aurora but I just couldn't resist this time.

I've never seen a naval officer with an Intelligence bonus.  I started watching and after a while I caught an officer that the event log reported (on recruitment) as having an intelligence bonus but actually had an operations bonus instead.  On that note when an officer in the Public Affairs position increased his Diplomacy bonus it was reported in the events as a "Public Affairs" bonus increase. . .  I don't remember what it says in Aurora but it's confusing verbiage regardless, it might be worthwhile to unify diplomacy/public affairs under a single name.

The only maintenance failure I seem to get is the catastrophic one where the vessel explodes.  I've started a couple games and in each game had one of a couple small grav surveyors with a 5+ year shelf life (according to the class design report) explode in the first year or two, without seeing any other failures of any kind.

The research screen has some issues.  Cancelling a research doesn't reset the scientist back into the scientist window until the screen refreshes by selecting a different research category.  Cancelling a research sometimes creates a duplicate research topic at a different level of completeness; both disappear once you select one of them for researching again.  Manually changing the number of labs to be assigned sometimes results in 0 labs being assigned once you click "create".

Offline kyonkundenwa

• Chief Petty Officer
  • k
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2020, 06:46:29 PM »
Here are some updates to my previous post and some more problems.     Win64 v94 now.   

Update: somewhere in a decade of turns an officer working at Fleet Intelligence got an increase in Intelligence bonus, so it is possible for officers to have that bonus, but in that decade not a single newly recruited officer arrived with an intelligence bonus.   

Update: after that same decade of watching my grav survey ships explode one by one from catastrophic failures I saw my first non-catastrophic failure (an engine) which was repaired from MSP as expected.     Even so, I would say there is something wrong with the catastrophic failure frequency.   

I see a lot of commanders (scientists and naval officers) get bonuses where instead of the increase being a multiple of 5%, like normal, it's multiple of 5% minus 1%.     This leads to scientists who have a 34% bonus to biology, or a naval officer who has a 49% bonus to operations, etc.     In Aurora, as far as I know, all bonus increases are either multiples of +5% (normal job) or they are a flat +1% (team member).   

There seems to be a problem with the GRAV survey default order.     Whenever the game announces that a system has been fully surveyed, if I go check on the system my surveyor will be redoing a survey point that had already been completed.     Once it finishes that survey point again it will halt and announce that it can't find any valid survey targets, as expected.     This also happens with multiple surveyors working in concert, they will each queue up as their final survey target the survey point that the other vessel is working on, so even after the system is fully surveyed they will run over to the other vessel's survey point and redo it before announcing their failure to find a valid target.   

Something similar can happen with GEO surveying but I've only noticed it a few times, possibly because geo surveying a given target is typically very fast.     The geo surveyor will queue up the final target twice in a row and survey it twice.   

Industries don't stay shut down when turned off in the Civilians & Ind Status tab, the timer starts ticking as soon as you click "shut down" so 180 days later they are back to running again.     I'm about to ship my fuel refineries to Venus so they stop using all my Sorium.   

Renaming components in the "Design Tech" window doesn't work (or I can't get it to work).     The prefix line is editable and works exactly as expected, but when I edit the pregenerated name (e.    g.     "150 EP Ion Drive" to "Test") my changes aren't reflected in the research topic name after I click "Create", the research topic name just uses the prefix line + pregenerated name.   

Adding any hangar module to a vessel changes the displayed "maint life" to 10000.    00 years.   

Vessels don't fail their "load [specific installation]" orders when there is none to be loaded.     I noticed this after my cargo TG kept on repeating its orders to carry automated mines to Venus years after Earth had run out of automated mines, so the TG was just flying back and forth empty.   

Officers don't automatically promote when using manual assignments, and can't be manually promoted.

Jump engine sizes above 100 wrap around to 1, such that selecting an engine size of 105 (the next after 100) creates a size 1 engine.   

I don't know if this was a design decision or not but Quasar military/commercial jump engine rules are different from Aurora which goes against your stated goals for the project.    In Aurora any vessel with commercial-rated thrusters can jump via a commercial-rated jump drive, regardless of the vessel's overall military/commercial classification, while any vessel of the appropriate size can jump via a military-rated jump drive.    In Quasar military vessels can only jump via military-rated drives and commercial vessels can only jump via commercial-rated drives.   
This also has in-game implications in that a person might consider using commercial jump drive and engines on a really large military vessel (a carrier or something) in order to avoid researching a really large military jump drive which comes with a huge research cost.   Can't do that with the current Q4x mechanics. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 09:21:13 PM by kyonkundenwa »

The following users thanked this post: DIT_grue, Kyle

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2020, 04:21:17 AM »
In View Technology window, when you select Missile Launchers it is not possible to select researched technologies. So for example by default there is ICBM Silo and it is impossible to select to make it obsolete or rename it.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2020, 04:35:21 AM »
In View Technology window, when you select Missile Launchers it is not possible to select researched technologies. So for example by default there is ICBM Silo and it is impossible to select to make it obsolete or rename it.

Does this apply to ALL missile launchers, or only to the pre-designed ICBM Silos supplied at start of a new game (which are special and weird)?

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2020, 04:45:50 AM »
It is same for all launchers. I have four other launchers researched and I can't select any of those. I don't have researched tech in all the categories but those that I use work properly.

Offline Gram123 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2020, 12:06:35 PM »
Its seems to me there is a bug on the "Re number" button on the "class design" Screen. It doesn't seems to do anything.

Can you post a screenshot of the Ships in Class prior to clicking the Renumber button?

https://imgur.com/a/8NTsczR

Offline Gram123 (OP)

• G
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2020, 12:14:37 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/oMAZpGu

Don't know if this is a mistake or i have just never seen it before. Here are two jump points set between the same systems. Denmark <-> KBH-0

Offline Gram123 (OP)

• G
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2020, 12:19:01 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/dR7uvqW

There seems to be something with the system numbers. I'm playing a setup with max 500 systems, yet i have system numbers from 1 to at least 4408

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2020, 12:37:47 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/oMAZpGu

Don't know if this is a mistake or i have just never seen it before. Here are two jump points set between the same systems. Denmark <-> KBH-0

It's been a known 'feature' of Aurora for years, so I assume it's deliberate.

The following users thanked this post: Kyle, Gram123