Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 266003 times)

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #2355 on: January 13, 2022, 09:38:07 PM »
Would it be possible to let the user specify how frequently to send mass driver packets, rather than have it hardcoded to occur at each production tick (as I believe it currently works)? It's not really an issue at 5day production ticks, but if you play with shorter ones, you end up with a lot of mineral packages floating around that I suspect may impact performance. If I'm wrong and the number of mineral packets doesn't really matter for performance, feel free to ignore this suggestion.

I play with 1 day production ticks, which means 5x as many mineral packets as there would otherwise be.

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
« Reply #2356 on: January 13, 2022, 09:44:19 PM »
Not sure if this is a bug or just a suggestion, but when you have a research bonus due to an Ancient Construct, it is reflected on your current research projects, but not on projects in your research queue, even though once those projects transition to being active projects, they do indeed correctly get the bonus applied. It would be helpful if the completion time in years was accurately calculated using the bonus for items in the research queue.

The following users thanked this post: nuclearslurpee

Offline Platys51

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #2357 on: January 14, 2022, 02:49:18 PM »
Suggestion to make Plasma little more versatile: Reduced size/reduced range tech line. Maybe with 4 techs from 0.9 to 0.5. This change would allow realistically deploying fighters and maybe high caliber small ships that could provide shock damage before withdrawing or gave large battleships ability for secondary high DMG burst weapons to deploy point-blank once or twice per fight.

The following users thanked this post: papent

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2358 on: January 14, 2022, 05:19:44 PM »
Been playing a bit of Quasar while waiting for 2.0 and it is excellent piece of work.  One quality of life feature the developer put in there is a button that restricts whether a particular colony can refuel or not.  I think this would be a great idea for C#.  I make a lot of use of conditional orders and I hate when an exploration ship with a large fuel tank conditionally returns to the nearest spaceport/hub which has a tiny bit of fuel there for a fighter squadron and drains all the fuel from it when what I really wanted for them to do was to return to my larger central hub with loads of fuel.  I would propose a toggle switch on each colony that toggles whether they can be a fuel source or not. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 05:33:05 PM by Kristover »

The following users thanked this post: alex_brunius, Vandermeer, papent, serger, BAGrimm, nuclearslurpee

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
« Reply #2359 on: January 15, 2022, 12:56:08 PM »
If/when there is a diplomacy update, I would love to see the ability to negotiate conditions for sharing a system. E.g.:

"Let's agree to share this system because we're on good terms, but we won't let anyone else settle here" i.e. claims that do not exclude Friendly aliens
"Let's agree to share access to this system's resources, but no military ships or units allowed" or
"This system will be a buffer between us; no military or civilian use at all by either side" or
"This system can be used as a route to and from other places, but no one is allowed to have a presence in the system for more than 5% of the year"

The following users thanked this post: papent, BAGrimm, Sebmono, nuclearslurpee

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2360 on: January 15, 2022, 11:16:30 PM »
If/when there is a diplomacy update, I would love to see the ability to negotiate conditions for sharing a system. E.g.:

"Let's agree to share this system because we're on good terms, but we won't let anyone else settle here" i.e. claims that do not exclude Friendly aliens
"Let's agree to share access to this system's resources, but no military ships or units allowed" or
"This system will be a buffer between us; no military or civilian use at all by either side" or
"This system can be used as a route to and from other places, but no one is allowed to have a presence in the system for more than 5% of the year"

"Look, mate: your home system is through this jump point, our home system is through that jump point, neither of us wants next door neighbors, so let's just be cool, yeah?"

The NPRs really, really, really need some concept of a buffer system if the diplomacy mechanics are going to be functional for any kind of realistic RP setting.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 11:19:56 PM by nuclearslurpee »

The following users thanked this post: papent, BAGrimm, Warer

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #2361 on: January 16, 2022, 12:21:01 PM »

"Look, mate: your home system is through this jump point, our home system is through that jump point, neither of us wants next door neighbors, so let's just be cool, yeah?"

The NPRs really, really, really need some concept of a buffer system if the diplomacy mechanics are going to be functional for any kind of realistic RP setting.

How would the buffer work though, would you be allowed to sensor buoy the JPs without too much fuss?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2362 on: January 16, 2022, 12:25:50 PM »
How would the buffer work though, would you be allowed to sensor buoy the JPs without too much fuss?

I think probably the easiest thing to do would be to allow diplo ships (up to 11,000 tons as currently) and civilian shipping traffic if applicable, i.e., if a trade agreement is in place. Basically it would function like a claimed system except that both sides "recognize the claim" of the other and agree not to colonize, militarize, etc. (which the NPR wouldn't do unless Steve added a chance to be duplicitous, and the player could choose to violate and risk consequences if desired, as usual).

The following users thanked this post: BAGrimm

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2363 on: January 18, 2022, 05:27:21 AM »
Dynamic Range for Missiles:
I was wondering if it would be possible to add a factor for the flight range calculations of missiles. Something like the factor for research. The idea behind this is to create games which have a more shorter range for missiles like in the Battlestar or Star Wars Universe.

The following users thanked this post: LiquidGold2

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
« Reply #2364 on: January 20, 2022, 09:18:08 PM »
Would it be possible to have demand and supply under the Civilian Economy tab set for the different mineral types, such that civilian freighters would move your minerals around?

The following users thanked this post: alex_brunius, ArcWolf, nuclearslurpee

Offline ArcWolf

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #2365 on: January 21, 2022, 12:32:42 PM »
Dynamic Range for Missiles:
I was wondering if it would be possible to add a factor for the flight range calculations of missiles. Something like the factor for research. The idea behind this is to create games which have a more shorter range for missiles like in the Battlestar or Star Wars Universe.

Can you elaborate? I do not see the point. If you want shorter ranged missiles, make shorter ranged missiles.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2366 on: January 21, 2022, 12:36:52 PM »
Can you elaborate? I do not see the point. If you want shorter ranged missiles, make shorter ranged missiles.

I think the idea is to have a global multiplier which also affects the other races, mainly NPRs. Personally I would not use this as it would cause balance issues with AMM and sensor ranges to just have a flat multiplier but for some the RP setting is more valuable than balanced mechanics and I would not argue with them.

Offline Noble713

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • N
« Reply #2367 on: January 22, 2022, 03:21:03 AM »
Small QoL request:

Truncate the days and months displayed in all of the subwindows (primarily Fleet, Ship, Research, and Industry screens). Reduce days to 2-3 letters and months to 3 letters, such as:

Thursday, December 20, 2085 ---> (Th/Thu), Dec 20, 2085

I can almost never see the day and year when something is supposed to finish as the column for dates is never wide enough. I'm at 1920x1080 so it shouldn't be a display resolution issue either...

The following users thanked this post: Scandinavian

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2368 on: January 22, 2022, 07:32:41 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug or just a suggestion, but when you have a research bonus due to an Ancient Construct, it is reflected on your current research projects, but not on projects in your research queue, even though once those projects transition to being active projects, they do indeed correctly get the bonus applied. It would be helpful if the completion time in years was accurately calculated using the bonus for items in the research queue.

Changed for v2.0.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2369 on: January 22, 2022, 07:54:31 AM »
Been playing a bit of Quasar while waiting for 2.0 and it is excellent piece of work.  One quality of life feature the developer put in there is a button that restricts whether a particular colony can refuel or not.  I think this would be a great idea for C#.  I make a lot of use of conditional orders and I hate when an exploration ship with a large fuel tank conditionally returns to the nearest spaceport/hub which has a tiny bit of fuel there for a fighter squadron and drains all the fuel from it when what I really wanted for them to do was to return to my larger central hub with loads of fuel.  I would propose a toggle switch on each colony that toggles whether they can be a fuel source or not.

Added for v2.0

The following users thanked this post: Kristover, Vandermeer, Sebmono