Author Topic: Spammer infestation  (Read 367 times)

Offline Alsadius (OP)

• Lieutenant
Spammer infestation
« on: April 27, 2024, 07:58:38 AM »
I was searching for a wiki article just now, and noticed a nasty spammer infestation. Seems to have been the user kishmond who posted them all, about a month ago (I assume this was a hack of his account), and I've gone through and marked a ton of them for deletion. If an admin (Erik, maybe others) could approve the deletions, that'd be great.

https://www.aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=Special:AllPages is the full article list, the spam ones are obvious. I've deleted everything alphabetically down to the ones starting with E. If anyone with an account wants to clean up more of them, that'd help too.

The following users thanked this post: BigBacon, skoormit

Offline BigBacon

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
Re: Spammer infestation
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 01:20:04 PM »
Quote from: Alsadius link=topic=13545. msg169555#msg169555 date=1714222718
I was searching for a wiki article just now, and noticed a nasty spammer infestation.  Seems to have been the user kishmond who posted them all, about a month ago (I assume this was a hack of his account), and I've gone through and marked a ton of them for deletion.  If an admin (Erik, maybe others) could approve the deletions, that'd be great. 

https://www. aurorawiki. pentarch. org/index. php?title=Special:AllPages is the full article list, the spam ones are obvious.  I've deleted everything alphabetically down to the ones starting with E.  If anyone with an account wants to clean up more of them, that'd help too.
Unfortunately, it would seem that he is still active and has already undone your changes to his spam pages.

Offline Alsadius (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024, 07:52:23 PM »
Ugh, that's really annoying. We're going to need an admin to fix this, I think - I've messaged Erik, and we'll see if he can clean it up. He seems to be active, at least, which is better than some similar situations I've seen before.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024, 12:43:29 AM »
The account is blocked. And pages should be gone.

The following users thanked this post: Shinanygnz, Neophyte, Droll, Alsadius, BigBacon, skoormit