Author Topic: What does Max FT and Max SF mean in the ground force design?  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Panpiper (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
What does Max FT and Max SF mean in the ground force unit class design? I suspect FT means fortifiability, but I have no idea what that would mean for units. Like how much they gain from sitting static and just defending? SF is a complete mystery to me.,

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline alex_g

• Petty Officer
  • a
Re: What does Max FT and Max SF mean in the ground force design?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 12:47:48 PM »
SF = Self-Fortification
Max FT = Maximum Fortification

SF can be achieved by units alone, and they reach their SF in 30 days as long as they're not set to front line attack.
Max FT is achieved with the use of construction equipment and it reaches its maximum value in 90 days in the best case, depending on how much construction capacity they have.
The capacity of a construction element is equal to the construction rating of the elements unit class * number of units * race construction rating * commander production bonus * 100 tons. For example, a formation of 50 construction vehicles, each with 0.1 construction rating (2 const components at 0.05) for a race with 16 construction which is part of a formation with commander with 10% production bonus would be: 0.1 * 50 * 16 * 1.1 * 100 = 8800 tons. BTW a construction battalion of this type would cost 636 BP to build.

You can find all the details here: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg110539#msg110539

The following users thanked this post: bro918, Panpiper, skoormit, nuclearslurpee