Author Topic: v2.0.0 Changes Discussion Thread  (Read 124834 times)

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
Re: v2.0.0 Changes Discussion Thread
« Reply #810 on: August 17, 2022, 08:03:04 AM »
I just realised that the initial build cost of repairyards was halved, but the expansion cost (and amount of workers) is still the same as with commercial shipyards. Is that intended?

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #811 on: September 01, 2022, 05:48:55 PM »
"Commanders of STO formations will receive the same tracking of ship kills as ship commanders, including medal awards."
There are still no Commander skills that actually give STOs a bonus, though, right? Do you plan on changing that, so there's a mechanical reason to give STO formations an HQ?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #812 on: September 01, 2022, 07:46:40 PM »
"Commanders of STO formations will receive the same tracking of ship kills as ship commanders, including medal awards."
There are still no Commander skills that actually give STOs a bonus, though, right? Do you plan on changing that, so there's a mechanical reason to give STO formations an HQ?

STO commanders although they never start with it will actually learn the tactical skill that their spacer brethren can get while on duty. So there is actually a reason to have STO HQs beyond just RP.

The following users thanked this post: mike2R, Destragon, Snoman314

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #813 on: September 02, 2022, 05:46:03 AM »

STO commanders although they never start with it will actually learn the tactical skill that their spacer brethren can get while on duty. So there is actually a reason to have STO HQs beyond just RP.
Wow, really? I've suggested people not to use HQs for their STOs in the past, because I didn't know that.
I think ground commanders should probably just have a chance to start with tactical skill, so that you know they can have it. Otherwise this is a pretty secret mechanic.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #814 on: September 02, 2022, 08:54:31 AM »

Wow, really? I've suggested people not to use HQs for their STOs in the past, because I didn't know that.
I think ground commanders should probably just have a chance to start with tactical skill, so that you know they can have it. Otherwise this is a pretty secret mechanic.

I've added a chance for ground forces officers to have tactical bonuses in v2.1.1

The following users thanked this post: db48x, Droll, Destragon, Snoman314, nuclearslurpee

Offline Xanithas

• Chief Petty Officer
  • X
« Reply #815 on: September 02, 2022, 07:46:25 PM »
I did some digging around here but it seems no matter what I make the environment on a planet I seem to always get a steppe if I get it in the habitable range for humans. I used to get a slight variety but perhaps I am missing something.

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #816 on: September 03, 2022, 03:33:14 AM »
I've added a chance for ground forces officers to have tactical bonuses in v2.1.1

Is it possible to add Tactical bonus to the sorting list for ground forces officers without some unexpected troubles?

P.S. I have several GF officers with Tactical bonuses in my current 2.0.3 game too.

UPD. 2.1.0 really, not 2.0.3.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 06:00:26 AM by serger »

The following users thanked this post: Destragon, nuclearslurpee

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #817 on: September 05, 2022, 02:23:22 AM »
Avoidance of closed universe: When you reached the number of max systems specified for that particular game and there are still unexplored jump points, are they all going to lead to already explored systems or will the new routine allow the number of max systems to be exceeded?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #818 on: September 05, 2022, 02:42:39 AM »
Avoidance of closed universe: When you reached the number of max systems specified for that particular game and there are still unexplored jump points, are they all going to lead to already explored systems or will the new routine allow the number of max systems to be exceeded?

They will lead to existing systems, because the 20 attempts in random stars games won't find any new systems.

The following users thanked this post: TMaekler

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #819 on: September 05, 2022, 03:54:42 AM »

They will lead to existing systems, because the 20 attempts in random stars games won't find any new systems.

Just because I am curious, why don’t you check for that explicitly rather than trying multiple times to generate a system?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #820 on: September 05, 2022, 04:06:27 AM »

Just because I am curious, why don’t you check for that explicitly rather than trying multiple times to generate a system?

Because in random stars there is local generation range and chance, so I am trying to maintain the 'rules' of where to link while also trying to find an available system.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #821 on: September 05, 2022, 05:00:08 AM »
Couldn't an abandoned civilian ship just generate a wreck?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #822 on: September 05, 2022, 05:31:00 AM »
Couldn't an abandoned civilian ship just generate a wreck?

It isn't destroyed - just abandoned. If the player doesn't want to recover it they can destroy it, but at least they have the option.

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #823 on: September 05, 2022, 06:07:52 AM »

Because in random stars there is local generation range and chance, so I am trying to maintain the 'rules' of where to link while also trying to find an available system.

Sure, but it seems like it would be easier just to check if the number of generated systems is >= the max number of systems allowed, and then generate a random existing system id instead of generating a random new or existing system id.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #824 on: September 05, 2022, 03:53:23 PM »

Am I interpreting correctly that when a jp is explored and the percent chance to be a local system fails, the game will select random system numbers until it selects a number that does not yet have a system (but taking the 20th attempt regardless if it exists or not)?

I always assumed that for a non-local connection the game would just pick a random system number outside of the local range, regardless if that system number already has a system.