Author Topic: CPU slow down after a Battle  (Read 1601 times)

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
CPU slow down after a Battle
« on: September 04, 2021, 09:48:43 AM »
After I have a battle, space or ground the computer really struggles. I make sure I clear or target and cease fire on the fleets. But a 5 day increment really takes sometime. Before the battle everything is fine, during it fine as well.

Any tips or anything I am missing, I do you the auto progressions with auto pulses.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: CPU slow down after a Battle
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 10:14:46 AM »
Many players have reported that the large number of events in the game logs bloats the DB size and causes lag. DB modifications after a battle can help to address this, and have been discussed in several other threads which I don't have the time or inclination to dredge up at the moment.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 04:22:24 PM »
After I have a battle, space or ground the computer really struggles. I make sure I clear or target and cease fire on the fleets. But a 5 day increment really takes sometime. Before the battle everything is fine, during it fine as well.

Any tips or anything I am missing, I do you the auto progressions with auto pulses.

If you have the event window open then close it or change the amount of days or rows that it will show... that will do some to fix this.

Otherwise you can just clear the event DB of all combat oriented logs manually... you can create some script to do that for you or something... I really have not had a huge problem with it so far though.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2021, 07:09:47 PM »
I had some time to spend this morning, so I have created this https://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=12722.0

It should help your cause and the one of many others.

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2021, 06:21:10 AM »
Awesome thanks for that guys.

I did do some search but obviously, did not key in the correct parameters in what I was after.