Author Topic: Jupiter-Class Fuel Harvester Base and the Orion-Class Tug  (Read 3269 times)

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Code: [Select]
Jupiter class Fuel Harvester Base    10,000 tons     60 Crew     452.5 BP      TCS 200  TH 0  EM 0
1 km/s     Armour 2-41     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 3     PPV 0
MSP 99    Max Repair 30 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Spare Berths 44   
Fuel Harvester: 3 modules producing 192000 litres per annum

Fuel Capacity 1,200,000 Litres    Range N/A

Pioneer Electronics Century 126 (1)     GPS 1200     Range 7.2m km    Resolution 100

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

- Just my favorite config for a Fuel Harvester Base. The Jupiter-Class consists of a single 50-ton Res 100 Active Sensor, for this playthrough I have the Pioneer Electronics Century 126, but any old one will do. Three Large Fuel Storage Modules along with nine standard Fuel Storage Modules lend me some breathing room on the collection end of things. Three standard Engineering Bays are connected to a Small Engineering Bay, with the bigger bays standing in for the "hub" and the smaller one being an area dedicated to servicing the Sorium Harvesters and Sensor array. The Jupiter class has 2 HS dedicated for Armor, since I'm reluctant to design a ship with anything less. It also has two Bridges, for Role-Play Purposes; the upper and lower Bridges are functional identical and fully interchangeable, but allow the Jupiter class the ability to monitor the scanners, co-ordinate the fuel harvesting while simultaneously handling the co-ordination of engineers and the management fuel tankers with ease. Basically each bridge can do these things independently, but they are designed and laid out in such a way as to work better together and make things easier and more efficient.

Code: [Select]
Orion class Tug    28,850 tons     270 Crew     1474 BP      TCS 577  TH 4000  EM 0
6932 km/s     Armour 1-83     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 32    Max Repair 100 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Spare Berths 7   
Tractor Beam     

StartTech Systems Model X (10)    Power 400    Fuel Use 4.42%    Signature 400    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 2,000,000 Litres    Range 282.3 billion km   (471 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

- This is the Orion-Class Tug, what will be my go to Tug. I'll probably have three in this class and replace them only when my tech is significantly higher; while also updating the hull and engines on these. This one has only 1 HS of Armour, and while I hate to have it that way, the Tug gets more use from the weight-savings than other ships... so yeah.

And that's those, I just thought I'd share the Jupiter-Class since I like it so much. It conjures up images of the Tibana Gas Platforms [spelling?] from The Empire Strikes Back; and they're pretty good, if engine-less, little harvesters.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 01:02:36 AM by xenoscepter »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Jupiter-Class Fuel Harvester Base and the Orion-Class Tug
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 02:36:38 AM »
It is a pretty good little harvester.  You may find the sensor more trouble than it's worth, as its presence may cause massive numbers of game interruptions as Aurora constantly checks to see if it spots any foreign units.

And of course, NPRs like to shoot at sensors.  If you have one of these in a system where you're fighting (say, because you've been invaded), you may find the enemy ignoring your battlefleet to go kill Jupiters.

Offline Cavgunner

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 12:52:32 AM »
How is your Jupiter considered a Commercial design when it has a military active sensor?  I must have missed the memo. 

Offline chokuto

• Petty Officer
  • c
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 05:26:54 AM »
How is your Jupiter considered a Commercial design when it has a military active sensor?  I must have missed the memo.

Size 1 or below sensors are allowed on Commercial designs

Offline Cavgunner

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 10:37:37 AM »
No way.  Alright, so what other military components can a commercial ship secretly mount?

Offline chokuto

• Petty Officer
  • c
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 03:18:48 PM »
I don't have the game near me to check but if I remember correctly a military jump engine of any size can be put on commercial ships

The following users thanked this post: Tyrannus Rex

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 02:05:39 PM »
Now THAT would be very, very useful.

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 12:58:48 AM »
Have confirmed that Military Jump Drives CAN be mounted on a Commercial Vessel.