Author Topic: Running out of commanders  (Read 2333 times)

Offline Kamilo (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • K
Running out of commanders
« on: April 30, 2020, 11:08:38 AM »
I'm running out of commanders. Is there a way to get more? I have 7 scientists left.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: Running out of commanders
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 11:10:19 AM »
I'm running out of commanders. Is there a way to get more? I have 7 scientists left.

Moar military academies - if your shortage is specific to a single type of officer your can assign one of your leaders as a "commandant" to an academy on a planet, making that academy only provide scientists, naval or ground officers depending on who is leading it.

The following users thanked this post: Kamilo

Offline AlStar

• Lieutenant
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 11:12:15 AM »
If you put a scientist in charge of your academy, you'll get twice as many scientist graduates as normal.

If you put in a scientist with at least a 20% bonus, all the graduates will also be slightly higher quality (they'll roll twice for attributes, taking the better one)... although there's a good chance that scientists will be in the same field as whoever you appointed.

Edit: bah, ninja'd by Droll. I'll post anyway, since I've got some extra information.

The following users thanked this post: Droll, Kamilo

Offline Kamilo (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • K
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 11:13:22 AM »
Good to know! Thank you

Offline Jarhead0331

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 11:38:17 AM »
You can also adjust the ratio of quantity vs. quality. Lowering the value will give you more officers, but their bonuses will not be as high.

Offline Geezer

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 12:05:22 PM »
You can also adjust the ratio of quantity vs. quality. Lowering the value will give you more officers, but their bonuses will not be as high.

Where is that Jarhead?  Been looking for that setting and can't find it anywhere.  Thanks.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - George Bernard Shaw

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2020, 12:24:57 PM »

Moar military academies - if your shortage is specific to a single type of officer your can assign one of your leaders as a "commandant" to an academy on a planet, making that academy only provide scientists, naval or ground officers depending on who is leading it.
It doesn't make the academy only provide one type of leader, it only increases the chance.
Also if you stack your academies the rank (or admin bonus) required to lead it increases, so a single planet with many academies might be less useful than having them spread out among your colonies.

Where is that Jarhead?  Been looking for that setting and can't find it anywhere.  Thanks.

It only applies to crew, not to officers. The setting is in Race Information (next to the medals button) under the Acadamies tab, at the bottom near the buttons.

The following users thanked this post: Geezer

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2020, 01:47:46 PM »
Edit: bah, ninja'd by Droll. I'll post anyway, since I've got some extra information.

Gotcha!

If you put in a scientist with at least a 20% bonus, all the graduates will also be slightly higher quality (they'll roll twice for attributes, taking the better one)... although there's a good chance that

I did not know this.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2020, 10:14:05 PM »
C# Aurora --> C# Mechanics --> Changes List Table of Contents --> Academy Commandants

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2020, 10:21:18 PM »

rece window. bottom left

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2020, 11:23:51 PM »

rece window. bottom left

Though, again, that setting only affects Crew Experience and crewmen produced, not Officer bonuses or number of officers.

Offline ceselb

• Registered
  • Petty Officer
  • c
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2020, 11:50:27 PM »
Do you need anything else to assign an academy commander? I have 3 academies, but unable to assign. Scientists only has the option of "academy commandant", but assigning just throws the error message "please select an assignment".

Offline Exultant

• Petty Officer
  • E
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2020, 12:29:46 AM »
is the commander of sufficient rank for the number of academies? I think it's +1 rank per academy on the colony.

Offline ceselb

• Registered
  • Petty Officer
  • c
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2020, 12:39:39 AM »
Umm, scientists doesn't seem to have any rank. Am I missing something or are you not able to do that? Do I need to have like one academy only on say luna?

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2020, 12:57:56 AM »
They have research admin rating and that is used for deciding if they can be academy commandants.

You can check here for requirements: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg104092#msg104092
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 12:59:40 AM by Black »

The following users thanked this post: ceselb