Author Topic: Aliens, what to do? HELP  (Read 2875 times)

Offline 15minutegamer (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
Aliens, what to do? HELP
« on: May 04, 2020, 05:23:39 AM »
I've encountered my first ever Aliens  :o I need some guidance

So, I've explored a new System, I have a commercial jump ship and 2 unarmed survey vessels
and an event popped up saying alien communication ...... unintelligible communication.....

what do I do now? I have a small battle fleet of 8 ships, I have NO troops or anything, I have a PPV of 350 back home.
Do I pull my unarmed ships back? do I need to make a ground unit set up to investigate?
If you have ANY guidance it would be good

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Aliens, what to do? HELP
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 05:27:06 AM »
If you would like to get into combat:
watch this

If you would not like to get into combat: Pull back your ships out of the system, then quarantine it off and mark it on the galaxy map, and get ready to build up your navy

The Aliens could either be an NPR or Spoilers, if NPRs then you do not need to fight them, if spoilers well......... lets just say fun things will happen. Either way just trial and error and you will learn.

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 05:31:54 AM »
If you would like to get into combat:
watch this

If you would not like to get into combat: Pull back your ships out of the system, then quarantine it off and mark it on the galaxy map, and get ready to build up your navy

The Aliens could either be an NPR or Spoilers, if NPRs then you do not need to fight them, if spoilers well......... lets just say fun things will happen. Either way just trial and error and you will learn.

I was just watching your video as you posted

So aliens will never be friendly, nice and just wanna trade?

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 05:35:22 AM »
I said if NPRs then you dont "need" to kill them, diplomacy does work with the latest patch but again depending on the type of aliens you could either be sending a ship to its death in an attempt to initiate diplomacy or to actually communicate properly, I do not want to talk too much about the details as its a bit spoilerish and I want you to be surprised.

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 05:37:36 AM »
This sounds like its going to go badly them lol, I'll maybe try being diplomatic

Well time to play and see what happens

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 05:39:10 AM »
Yes... there is a chance for peaceful coexistence and trade... there is not many ways to find out except to try and communicate.

You will need a ship with a diplomacy module, you might also want a ship with ELINT module to listen to the enemy sensor systems and colonies.

There really is no one way to do this... but you will need to have your military ships on stand by and start preparing for an eventual conflict.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 05:42:37 AM »
It is generaly better to not have ships in their home system as that could provoke them to attack you. You should try to make some diplomatic ship (preferably commercial unarmed ship) - equip the ship with Diplomacy Module and try to improve relationship with them. But it is better to send the ship to some of their smaller colonies.

There is always chance that you will not decode the language in that case, there is only war in the future for you. :D

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 05:43:47 AM »
Yes... there is a chance for peaceful coexistence and trade... there is not many ways to find out except to try and communicate.

You will need a ship with a diplomacy module, you might also want a ship with ELINT module to listen to the enemy sensor systems and colonies.

There really is no one way to do this... but you will need to have your military ships on stand by and start preparing for an eventual conflict.

I've designed both these and are currently building them while increasing my navel fleet

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2020, 05:44:44 AM »
It is generaly better to not have ships in their home system as that could provoke them to attack you. You should try to make some diplomatic ship (preferably commercial unarmed ship) - equip the ship with Diplomacy Module and try to improve relationship with them. But it is better to send the ship to some of their smaller colonies.

There is always chance that you will not decode the language in that case, there is only war in the future for you. :D

I am now hastily working on some military ships as I don't really have that many!

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2020, 06:01:07 AM »
I would go for jump point ambush if you have to fight. When their ships jump into your system, they will be affected with jump sickness, this is the best time to strike, because they will not be able to respond for some time.

And don't forget Diplomacy Rating that you see in Intelligence and Foreign Relations is your opinion on them, you can only guess what their opinion on you is as they start offering trade access and other things if they have positive view. Or start shooting at you if they hate you.

Offline Vasious

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • V
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2020, 06:05:51 AM »
Did you get a reading on any world in the system you encountered them in?

You can compare the signatures to your home world to gauge if it is a home world or just a colony.

My explorers always carry Passive probes to send to potentially habitable worlds launched from Jump points to check a system before steaming in and upsetting people

If it is a home world sized signature best to keep away other than the Diplomatic Ship, though you could even just station that in the system before the jump point and wait for them to find it, that way it will be in neutral space.

Don't forget to click the attempt communications button

The following users thanked this post: smoelf

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2020, 06:11:17 AM »
Passive probes are very good in case you find planet with very low colony cost, such worlds can be source of dangerous thing. :D

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2020, 06:16:48 AM »
My diplomatic ship just got wiped out by the aliens, I now also have 5 contacts in my SOL system.

I sense a war I'm unprepared for  ;)

The following users thanked this post: smoelf

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2020, 06:23:26 AM »
My diplomatic ship just got wiped out by the aliens, I now also have 5 contacts in my SOL system.

I sense a war I'm unprepared for  ;)

Sounds rough... I hope your Earth defences are activated...  ;)

Some aliens simply can't be reasoned with, that is just the nature of the game.

I almost always RP my games and quite often end up meeting some hostile aliens at the start with no real military to back me up, that is one of the fun parts to deal with.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 06:27:15 AM by Jorgen_CAB »

Offline DoctorDanny

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2020, 08:35:24 AM »
Some of these aliens are b*stards!

I had one race that kept me talking for years while they assembled a monster fleet to invade my colonies.

(Actually it was due to my diplo ship being out of range or something, but still... narrative..)