Author Topic: Fuel station HUB, question  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Mark Yanning (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • M
Fuel station HUB, question
« on: May 07, 2020, 09:24:41 AM »
Hello, I just setup a couple of harvest sorium stations. They work well, with tankers going back and forward to pick the fuel. I wonder: how can I set the stations as refuel hubs? So ships can refuel from them directly, and not colony? Do I have to check some options, or it's automatic? Thanks in advance

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: Fuel station HUB, question
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 09:26:56 AM »
If you want to use ship or station as refueling hub you need to equip it with Refueling Hub component (100000tons). And set it as a tanker.

• M
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 09:36:06 AM »
Ok, thanks. And is it enough to let the station orbit the sorium planet to harvest? Or it needs some specific orders to fill the tank

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 09:39:02 AM »
Ok, thanks. And is it enough to let the station orbit the sorium planet to harvest? Or it needs some specific orders to fill the tank

Station will harvest fuel automatically if it orbits gas giant with sorium.

The following users thanked this post: Mark Yanning

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 09:42:18 AM »

Harvesters will harvest if they're in the right place and everything is set correctly.  Unfortunately, they won't send an "I have started harvesting" message and if you've made almost any mistake (or encountered a bug) they also wont send an "I'm not working" message, so there is almost no way to know if they're working properly other than to advance time a production cycle or two and manually check.

- - - - -

Oh, and
Ok, thanks. And is it enough to let the station orbit the sorium planet to harvest?

Gas giant.  It must be a gas giant.

• M
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 09:53:46 AM »
Thank, that was I'm trying to doing indeed. But it strange it seems the fuel tanks of mu 2 stations are not filling, one stopped at 1% other is at 0%. I wonder why. They are actually orbiting jupiter, pulled by a couple of tugs. Station can also be "no armor", right? And, do they need refuelling hub in order to fill the tanks?
Yep, is jupiter. A gas giant

Ok, I see what's the problem, they just lost them position, not keeping orbiting
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 09:57:01 AM by Mark Yanning »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 10:05:47 AM »
Thank, that was I'm trying to doing indeed. But it strange it seems the fuel tanks of mu 2 stations are not filling, one stopped at 1% other is at 0%. I wonder why. They are actually orbiting jupiter, pulled by a couple of tugs. Station can also be "no armor", right? And, do they need refuelling hub in order to fill the tanks?
Yep, is jupiter. A gas giant

Ok, I see what's the problem, they just lost them position, not keeping orbiting

Make sure you "Move To" Jupiter and not "Orbit" Jupiter.  Make sure the combined speed is fast enough to 'catch' the orbital speed of Jupiter.  Make sure the Tugs (if they are in a different fleet) move before the harvesters and not after.

- - - - -

No, they don't need a Refueling Hub to harvest Sorium; they need it to serve as a place from which other fleets can automatically (as opposed to manually) refuel.

Offline Kof

• K
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 09:21:55 AM »

Harvesters will harvest if they're in the right place and everything is set correctly.  Unfortunately, they won't send an "I have started harvesting" message and if you've made almost any mistake (or encountered a bug) they also wont send an "I'm not working" message, so there is almost no way to know if they're working properly other than to advance time a production cycle or two and manually check.

- - - - -

Oh, and
Ok, thanks. And is it enough to let the station orbit the sorium planet to harvest?

Gas giant.  It must be a gas giant.

Or Super Jovian

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 10:35:32 AM »
And it must have Sorium!

It sounds stupid but in my very first Aurora game, back in the mists of time, all gas giants in Sol were devoid of Sorium - so I thought gaseous Sorium didn't show up and put harvesters on Jupiter and wondered why nothing was happening. Luckily I could put those harvesters to work in Alpha Centauri bit later.