Author Topic: How to separate stations from tugs?  (Read 1457 times)

Offline AlitarSemiramis (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
How to separate stations from tugs?
« on: May 14, 2020, 09:42:35 AM »
I have built two Fuel Stations, and then two tugs to move each fuel station, one to Jupiter and the other to Saturn.

Once they arrived there, I can't seem to separate the stations and the tugs into two different fleets. If I try to move the stations to a different fleet or command, I get the error on the screenshot ("Sub-fleets may only be moved within their current fleet (including sub-fleets) or to a fleet or sub-fleet of the same race in the same location as their parent fleet"). In this example I tried to move FHS Conjuction 002.

The only way I have been able to separate them is by creating a subfleet to the tug fleet, and then move the station there. But I would really like to have the stations under a different command/fleet structure, but every time I create a command, is always based on Earth.

Any help on how to do this? I'm using 1.9.5.

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
Re: How to separate stations from tugs?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 09:58:37 AM »
There is a detach tugged ships move order that will detach the station and put it in it's own fleet, or into the fleet the order is performed on.

The following users thanked this post: AlitarSemiramis

Offline AlitarSemiramis (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 10:24:40 AM »
Thanks, that totally worked. I swear I put that order as the last order of my movement, I probably missed it.

Offline liveware

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 10:40:31 AM »
I think once a tug tractors/releases a ship, it clears it's order list. So after it has picked up or dropped something off, you need to issue a new set of orders to the tug.
Open the pod-bay doors HAL...

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 11:21:03 AM »
I think once a tug tractors/releases a ship, it clears it's order list. So after it has picked up or dropped something off, you need to issue a new set of orders to the tug.
Not true, and even if it was it wouldn't have caused what is described.  Alltar most likely just forgot to give the order.

Offline Thrake

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 02:05:57 PM »

No.

I have built two Fuel Stations, and then two tugs to move each fuel station, one to Jupiter and the other to Saturn.

Once they arrived there, I can't seem to separate the stations and the tugs into two different fleets. If I try to move the stations to a different fleet or command, I get the error on the screenshot ("Sub-fleets may only be moved within their current fleet (including sub-fleets) or to a fleet or sub-fleet of the same race in the same location as their parent fleet"). In this example I tried to move FHS Conjuction 002.

The only way I have been able to separate them is by creating a subfleet to the tug fleet, and then move the station there. But I would really like to have the stations under a different command/fleet structure, but every time I create a command, is always based on Earth.

Any help on how to do this? I'm using 1.9.5.

What I like to do is to use fleets as targets for tug orders. Then you can use the order to stop tractor and it will directly release the station to the fleet rather than create fleets for every tractored ships.