Author Topic: More Options for Orbital Stars  (Read 2429 times)

Offline AfricanWarrior (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • A
More Options for Orbital Stars
« on: July 13, 2020, 05:44:27 AM »
I usually tend to create custom star systems for playthroughs and one obstacle I've come across is the limitation of orbital options for stars. 

Being limited to the Primary, A and B stars prevents a lot of flexibility and requires a lot of planning before hand - though I don't mind it.   One limit I've found is in the recreation of the Firefly Verse.   Firefly's star cluster has a total of 6 stars and those systems have a minimum of 2 protostars in them, but I can only create 3 systems with orbiting protostars. 

Another aspect of system creation was barycenters.  At the moment I have to use stars as a place holder for twin star systems where they share the same orbit around a common barycenter, or with the case of planets, gas giants.

I don't know whether the program can grant more options with regards to this mechanic, as such I am inquiring on the possibility. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 02:26:53 PM by AfricanWarrior »

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
Re: More Options for Orbital Stars
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 11:26:14 PM »
Aurora has no concept of barycenters, and I don't them being added as they would make twin star systems problematic, since they would tend to put both stars beyond practical travel range, defeating the LP mechanic.  A setup with that many stars might be better divided into multiple systems.

The following users thanked this post: AfricanWarrior