Author Topic: Resolved TY  (Read 2567 times)

Offline BoydofZINJ (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • B
Resolved TY
« on: July 24, 2020, 08:37:20 PM »
I am very new.     I have been watching Defran Strategy on youtube and Quill18 on Twitch and love the game so far.     I have a few dozen hours.      I still dont know how to make a space station, but I decided to restart and try an "conventional" start.   

However, my question, as my title suggests, I have a resolution issue and question.     I know this is probably been discussed, but I have not found a fix.     I listed a screenshot.     However, on most of my menus.   .   .     I can not see the date of when something finishes.     For instance, when I build something on earth (industry) like 1 Deep Space Tracking Station.   .    I do not see the completion date.     It is not limited to just that.   .   .    most dates are partially hidden.     Research date end dates are too, for example.   

//imgur.   com/a/toEphrU">Aurora 4X C#

Is there a way I can view it?  Can it be fixed?  Do I need to change my resolution or somehow change Aurora 4X C# resolution?

I am sorry .   .   .    i am pretty sure this has been discussed before.   
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 09:19:00 PM by BoydofZINJ »

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
Re: New Player Resolution Issue/Question
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 09:14:24 PM »
Aurora uses your default Windows date format.

To make it use another format, use AuroraMod.
On the Interface tab, set the date format to something like:
Code: [Select]
MM dd yyyy hh:mm:sst

Offline BoydofZINJ (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • B
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 09:23:20 PM »
That is not the real issue.   The issue, is i can not see the date and in some situations. . .  i only see a partial date.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 09:56:57 PM »
That is not the real issue.   The issue, is i can not see the date and in some situations. . .  i only see a partial date.

Check the FAQ. You need to change your Windows settings.

Offline BoydofZINJ (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • B
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 10:11:06 PM »
I am sorry if I am not explaining it correctly.

I can see the entire date, but it gets cut off most of the time.   NOT ALL THE TIME.

I posted a screenshot. Notice the Completion date:

Thursday, May 20, 2. . . .

is that 2230 2236 2299 2101 ?

In the same screen shot the Maximum Orbital Mining Diameter 125km will be completed on
Monday, July 27, 2240

So. . .   in this one screen I can see 1 date completely (actually 2).   However, the others are not showing.   This is not the only example of this. . . .

in my previous example the Industry page I had an issue where the date was only partially showing and then the dots removed the rest.   Unless you are saying that if I change my date system to a more simple form that it should solve it for MOST (not all, but most) issues?

Offline BoydofZINJ (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • B
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 10:29:05 PM »
Quote from: BoydofZINJ link=topic=11776. msg139175#msg139175 date=1595646666

I can see the entire date, but it gets cut off most of the time.    NOT ALL THE TIME. 

I posted a screenshot.  Notice the Completion date:

Thursday, May 20, 2.  .  .  . 

In the same screen shot the Maximum Orbital Mining Diameter 125km will be completed on
Monday, July 27, 2240

So.  .  .    in this one screen I can see 1 date completely (actually 2).    However, the others are not showing.    This is not the only example of this.  .  .  . 

in my previous example the Industry page I had an issue where the date was only partially showing and then the dots removed the rest.    Unless you are saying that if I change my date system to a more simple form that it should solve it for MOST (not all, but most) issues?

I did change the format and it did help mostly.   I think there might be one or two dates from time to time that does not show up completely. . .  but right now most are showing up.   Of course, I just recently restarted so I dont have much going on.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 07:23:56 AM »

I can see the entire date, but it gets cut off most of the time.   NOT ALL THE TIME.

I posted a screenshot. Notice the Completion date:

Thursday, May 20, 2. . . .

Monday, July 27, 2240

So. . .   in this one screen I can see 1 date completely (actually 2).   However, the others are not showing.   This is not the only example of this. . . .

in my previous example the Industry page I had an issue where the date was only partially showing and then the dots removed the rest.   Unless you are saying that if I change my date system to a more simple form that it should solve it for MOST (not all, but most) issues?

When you use a date format that uses the names of the days and/or the names of the months, then some dates are longer than others.
For example, the first date here is longer than the second:
Thursday, May 20, 2240
Monday, July 27, 2240

If you use a date format that leaves out the name of the days, and uses only the numbers of the month, then all dates are the same length:
Same examples:
05 20 2240
07 27 2240