Author Topic: Ship / Fleet / GU / Fromation Expereince  (Read 1267 times)

Offline gaz (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • g
Ship / Fleet / GU / Fromation Expereince
« on: January 04, 2022, 01:04:14 AM »
Hello Chaps,

Just to confirm Im guessing their is no unit experience accounted for in this game???

I know you have fleet training - but Im guessing their is no tracked experience for any of your units which carry over from engagement to engagement???

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Ship / Fleet / GU / Fromation Expereince
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 01:42:13 AM »
Ships have crew grade. Ground formations have morale. And fleets have training level. So there are "experience" things calculated for all of them and they do different things though there is some overlap.

Offline gaz (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • g
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 02:33:30 AM »
Interesting so Morale sort of incorporates experience.   .   .   .   

So my next question - it doesn't seem readily obvious that you can "upgrade" an existing unit.   .   .   .   

So if I have say an element of say 30 Infantry (in a platoon size) in a formation is their any mechanism by which I can upgrade the element to a new class of new infantry type???

And be able to do this in a way the element maintains its current morale - so in effect just has an equipment upgrade.  .  .  . 

I was wondering if the unit series had something to do with this???
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 02:52:42 AM by gaz »

Offline Gyrfalcon

• Bug Moderators
  • Commander
  • G
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 01:38:20 AM »
You can design a new unit and place it in the upgrade series, produce a replacement formation, and tick the checkbox to use that replacement formation - the existing unit will then swap 'gear' with the replacement formation.

There is no way to just upgrade units in an existing formation from an equipment stockpile like you would in Hearts of Iron - I wish there was as it would make the whole process a lot more simple.

Offline gaz (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • g
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 02:54:11 AM »
Cool thanks - if it works, thats great for me!!!!