Author Topic: NPR specific technologies & SM starts  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Vynadan (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • V
NPR specific technologies & SM starts
« on: November 26, 2011, 01:13:56 PM »
I'm trying to set up player controled factions with some irregular technologies for a campaign that usually only Invaders, Precursor or Ruins can normally provide ... I thought I'd view incompleted and unavailble techs in the economy -> research tab and that this might show me their entry and allow me to instantly add them to the faction through the SM buttons.
I was lucky and actually saw the spoiler entries in the list, but the instant button was greyed out even with SM mode enabled. Is it really impossible to add these techs remotely, or do I have to salvage a couple dozen ruins in a space-time bubble to get and distribute them properly via tech transfer? Can designer mode achieve something where SM mode failed me? (I neither have the password, nor have I ever been in designer mode)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 01:15:46 PM by Vynadan »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: NPR specific technologies & SM starts
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 01:45:40 PM »
I would be very careful about trying to use any spaoiler race techs. I think there are issues with them having bugs when players trying to use them. I really need to look at PTs for example and the Swarm tech requires special code that is only run for Swarm races

Steve

Offline Vynadan (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • V
Re: NPR specific technologies & SM starts
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 02:03:26 PM »
I thought along the lines of those technologies that you can aquire through ruins or salvaging anyway. All swarm technology falls outside of that category, I think.

To be more specific, I was looking for compressed fuel storages, absorption shields and advanced particle beam technologies, all of which the player can legally aquire. I wouldn't know of any bugs with these techs, but I seldom get to use them either. For a campaign I want to disable all spoiler races and manually control abstracts of them.