Author Topic: Multiple Races  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Theeht (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • T
Multiple Races
« on: November 28, 2011, 04:31:22 PM »
So I conquered an alien planet, and now I have two races in my empire.  How do I control which go to what planets?  Many planets which are too cold for humans are class 0 for these aliens, so I want to put them on those planets, but want them off my human worlds because they would need infrastructure and are unrestful.  It seems like the civilians would just put them on random planets, which would not be good.

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
Re: Multiple Races
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 04:36:47 PM »
afaik, a colony can only ever be of one race. But you can have multiple colonies on any given world.  The civilians should only ship these yetis to and between yeti colonies, never to human colonies. 

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 04:53:59 PM »
afaik, a colony can only ever be of one race. But you can have multiple colonies on any given world.  The civilians should only ship these yetis to and between yeti colonies, never to human colonies. 

This I believe. If you go to the system view, you can select the relevent race (top right under "environmental tolerances") and then click "add colony". Although the system view will say "human 0m" if you go to your economics screen the colony should be listed as the species you selected.

Offline Theeht (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 05:31:49 PM »
Thanks, that does work.

Offline Girlinhat

• Lieutenant
  • G
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 04:38:33 AM »
Some quirks exist with having multiple colonies on one world.  It can get a little strange to try and send mass drivers to a world, because certain menus only show the body name, not the species name.  So for example, I SM started a game with Humans and Foxmorphs, and I can set my asteroid colony to transport minerals to... Earth.  So I'm shipping the Foxmorphs to Mars.  They love it there.