Author Topic: Researches not researching properly!  (Read 1095 times)

Offline lavenders2 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • l
Researches not researching properly!
« on: December 02, 2011, 09:55:01 PM »
I am trying to research basic tech (it only costs 10 RP) and it says it will take 1 day to do this.  However, every time 1 day passes it justs adds another day to the completion date and if i pass the time by 5 days it advances the completion time by 5 days etc.  Why is this and what am I doing wrong?

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Researches not researching properly!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 10:43:07 PM »
Hm, I am not aware of any tech, only costing 10 RP, except the ones you start allready researched with, even in a conventional start. Make sure you are not trying to research something, you already know (check the "Available" tick on the research screen (bottom center) _not_ the "All Projects", as this, as the name implies, will list all projects, even those already finished.

Anyway, research and construction finishes only after a construction-cycle, i.e. 5 days per default. Put other techs to research in the queue, so you don´t loose any research points.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline lavenders2 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • l
Re: Researches not researching properly!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 11:34:28 PM »
Quote from: Hawkeye link=topic=4415. msg44019#msg44019 date=1322887387
Hm, I am not aware of any tech, only costing 10 RP, except the ones you start allready researched with, even in a conventional start.  Make sure you are not trying to research something, you already know (check the "Available" tick on the research screen (bottom center) _not_ the "All Projects", as this, as the name implies, will list all projects, even those already finished.

Anyway, research and construction finishes only after a construction-cycle, i. e.  5 days per default.  Put other techs to research in the queue, so you don´t loose any research points.
Thank you! Just waited a bit longer and it stopped changing the completion date and finished the research.  Issue is solved.