Author Topic: Dismissed Officers  (Read 1897 times)

Offline Bryan Swartz (OP)

• Captain
  • B
Dismissed Officers
« on: March 31, 2015, 10:25:39 AM »
I've been having some annoyances(6.2) with officers being dismissed due to being 'surplus to requirements'.  I started a 6.4.3 test game and noticed that this does not seem to happen at all anymore.  Can anyone confirm this who has been using the later versions?  I've checked the change logs but can't find anything on the issue.

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
Re: Dismissed Officers
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 10:27:42 AM »
It still happens.  I dont know how often.

Offline Arcanestomper

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 11:03:20 AM »
It seems to happen for me when they haven't had any assignments for six or seven years.  So I get a big surge of dismissals about    a decade into the game since I generally don't have much of a navy for a while.

Offline Bryan Swartz (OP)

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 11:05:54 AM »
Interesting.  That kind of thing doesn't bother me since it's just getting rid of the extras.  It's more when I'm moving people around who have had commands for decades, and then a month into their journey(to wherever) they are dismissed because the game says they haven't had an assignment in 7-8 years(falsely). 

Also, I just did a 50-year test and to my knowledge nobody got dismissed.  I still have lots of officers who haven't had an assignment in 50 years and are still there.  I just want to understand how this is working now, and this doesn't seem to make sense. 

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 12:10:02 PM »
There are options in the officers Window to prevent re-assignments, try that.

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 08:20:36 PM »
They're only dismissed if you have auto-assignments on, as far as I know, so make sure that you had that on in the test game. Whenever I forget to turn it on for a couple decades (such as in a conventional game), I get a ton of dismissals all at once.

Offline Sirce

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 02:11:05 AM »
Thats correct, auto-assignment is what does the auto-dismissal.  If they miss 2 or 3 chances at command (depend on how long you set the auto-reassignment), they get booted.