Author Topic: v2.5.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 12682 times)

Offline rainyday

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
Re: v2.5.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2024, 10:14:14 PM »
I'm consistently getting a "2.5.0 Function #111: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when I pass 1 or more days in the attached game. Sometimes this is accompanied by "Function #13" and "Function #14" errors as well.

The errors began immediately after my scout fighter was boarded by the Swarm.

The errors appear to be caused by ShipID 89859 (owned by race 594) in Fleet 131515 (owned by race 588... which is me).

So, I checked just now, and the ship actually shows up in my Naval Organization tab (It's under United Combat Command -> Expeditionary Forces Command -> FTR-04 R-1A "Dragonfly" 002) and I can give it orders.

It appears that the vessel changed ownership but didn't get removed from its old fleet.

Deleting the ship from the database gets rid of the errors.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2024, 10:16:25 PM »
I'm consistently getting a "2.5.0 Function #111: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when I pass 1 or more days in the attached game. Sometimes this is accompanied by "Function #13" and "Function #14" errors as well.

The errors began immediately after my scout fighter was boarded by the Swarm.

The errors appear to be caused by ShipID 89859 (owned by race 594) in Fleet 131515 (owned by race 588... which is me).

So, I checked just now, and the ship actually shows up in my Naval Organization tab (It's under United Combat Command -> Expeditionary Forces Command -> FTR-04 R-1A "Dragonfly" 002) and I can give it orders.

It appears that the vessel changed ownership but didn't get removed from its old fleet.

Deleting the ship from the database gets rid of the errors.

Out of curiosity, did you try saving and reloading? This sounds similar to the under-the-hood mechanics behind the disappearing parasites bug Steve already fixed, so the bug could be in the same part of the code.

Offline rainyday

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
« Reply #182 on: January 21, 2024, 10:28:32 PM »
Out of curiosity, did you try saving and reloading? This sounds similar to the under-the-hood mechanics behind the disappearing parasites bug Steve already fixed, so the bug could be in the same part of the code.

Yes, unfortunately, saving and reloading was the first thing I tried. It reproduces reliably from the database backup that I made before I started poking around.

I first thought it might be related to the parasites bug as well, but I'm not sure since this fighter wasn't in a hangar at the time. It was in its own fleet because I had sent it on a suicide heroic and daring mission through a suspected hostile jump point.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2024, 01:49:09 AM »
Couldn't find it in the game settings but changed the value to 0 in the DB - problem solved. I can now detect the spoilers :)

I must have changed the setting but I don't recall doing it and I now cannot find the toggle I selected  :o

See the attached image in case it is helpful in the future.  :)
Thanks and Doh! how did I miss that?
The setting in that menu shouldn't cause your issue as you'll note that the "no detection" setting is called "none without player presence". If "none without player presence" causes your player race to be unable to detect other vessels, you should report the bug again.
Thinking about it a but more, I agree it doesn't seem like it should have caused my issue. The 'no sensor checks' toggle in the DB was only active in one system not for any other systems that my empire had ships in (or in fact any systems in the DB).
Welchbloke

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2024, 06:45:11 AM »

Offline AlStar

• Lieutenant
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2024, 10:56:47 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that they're only getting commanders from planets that have an academy, and that the homeworld of those commanders matches up exactly with the academy?

All my Earth-born commanders went to the Earth academy, all my Luna-born commanders went to Luna academy, all Bernard's Star-born commanders went to Bernard's Star academy; and, now that it's been a few years after I transported an academy there, I'm starting to find some Europa-born commanders that went to Europa-U.

However, despite having a population of 241 million (compared to 2.6 million Europeans), there's not a single Mars-born commander; nor anyone from my colonies on Upsilon or Kruger 60 - presumably because they don't have an academy.

I'd swear that we used to get commanders from all over our empire attending our academies.

Note: given that academies can be set up without a population, does this mean that if I set up a Venus-U, I'd start getting Venusian commanders, or would I just never see anyone with a graduate degree from Venus, since there's no population to pull from?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 11:11:29 PM by AlStar »

The following users thanked this post: JacenHan

Offline Steve Zax

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2024, 10:58:37 AM »
Just as long as we don't get commanders from Proxima Centauri A&M, or Tau Ceti Community College.

(Or Texas Tech!)