VB6 Aurora > Aurora Bugs

2.4 Bugs

(1/10) > >>

sloanjh:
Typing "0.1" and hitting enter in the Class Designer (F5) special-case range bands field results in a hang (I think this one's been around for a long time).  Could you also put in a "1,000 km" button?  I've got a laser with maximum range of 8,000 km and the damage on the summary screen is showing up all zeros.

Thanks,
John

Brian Neumann:

--- Quote from: "sloanjh" ---Typing "0.1" and hitting enter in the Class Designer (F5) special-case range bands field results in a hang (I think this one's been around for a long time).  Could you also put in a "1,000 km" button?  I've got a laser with maximum range of 8,000 km and the damage on the summary screen is showing up all zeros.

Thanks,
John
--- End quote ---

It has been around for a while.  Any fraction input for either the speed or the range there will cause the program to hang.

Brian

Steve Walmsley:

--- Quote from: "sloanjh" ---Typing "0.1" and hitting enter in the Class Designer (F5) special-case range bands field results in a hang (I think this one's been around for a long time).  Could you also put in a "1,000 km" button?  I've got a laser with maximum range of 8,000 km and the damage on the summary screen is showing up all zeros.
--- End quote ---

How did you create a laser with that range?  The minimum is supposed to be 10,000 km, which is range 1 as far as the program is concerned. A 10cm infrared laser has a range of 30,000 km.

Steve

Brian Neumann:
I got an error while creating a new game.  I chose to use the SM race and find a system I liked.  When I was near the end of the create race I got an error

Error in AddPop
Error 3163 was generated by DAO.field
Field is to small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. ...
This was just after the questions of did I want to convert ordinance and fighter factories and before the question of did I want to rename the homeworld.

As far as I can tell everything worked fine afterwords.  I advanced the time about two months just to check

Steve Walmsley:

--- End quote ---

I have fixed the hang and prevented the entry of fractions but I can't put a lower band in because minimum firing range is 10,000 km. You can physically fire at a lower range but it is always treated as if you are firing at 10,000 km because of the way the effective range is calculated.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version