Author Topic: Guide: Naval Command Structures  (Read 12594 times)

Offline CharonJr

• Lt. Commander
  • C
Re: Guide: Naval Command Structures
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2020, 05:37:15 AM »
Nice information andas vorpal mentioned exactly the reason why I prefer text-guides to videos :)

Offline Alsadius (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2020, 11:41:08 AM »
This is very informative and the written format allows much more content in the end than doing a video. Also, quicker to find the info you search!
That's not to say I don't like the videos done, it's just that this text is very well laid out and explained and easy to recheck in time of need.

Thank you. And yeah, for things like this I'm a big fan of text. For things where you need a lot of visuals, video is often better, but when the information is basically just text, that's how it should be presented. Or at least, that's my view. (I know some people prefer video, and I don't mean to say that their preferences are objectively wrong or anything, but this feels much more natural to me.)

Offline Marv

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2022, 01:35:58 PM »
Thank you for this guide! A question on who will be automatically appointed fleet commander (no flag bridge in the fleet): you mention the "seniority" will decide.  Now how is seniority measured? Political reliability? Age? Years in service? Promotion score? I have tested some but it never seems to follow any pattern.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2022, 09:27:40 PM »
Seniority is simply the date of promotion to current rank. Political reliability affects promotion score, which affects if/when a leader is promoted.

Offline Marv

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2022, 03:12:31 AM »
Date of promotion. . . . ah. . . thank you Sir!