Author Topic: a new start  (Read 2424 times)

Offline roug (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
a new start
« on: February 19, 2021, 06:52:45 AM »
Hello all, i am just wondering about something.

When i usually play, i use the ordinary start with 1 npr, after a while the game starts getting "sluggish" after a while, so i have just started setting it to 0 npr at the start of the game, that helps ALOT but how can i make a game either with 2 player controlled  races, or me and 1 npr convential start at earth? or perferably npr human on Mars? 

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: a new start
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 09:11:53 AM »
Have the game start with 0 NPR.

Then turn SM on, go to System View (F9), click on Mars and then click on generate new race. In the Race Window, select human as species and then tick the NPR box. Make sure that it is NOT a conventional empire as conventional NPR empires cannot do anything.

That way you can have a quick war inside the solar system.

As for helping with game speed, make it so that NPRs cannot "discover" spoilers or other NPRs - that way you won't risk a cascading series of NPR spawning an NPR spawning an NPR spawning a spoiler.

Offline Blogaugis

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 03:43:14 PM »
I do have an interesting occurrence on starting a new game as Conventional Empire - I make the starting population to be 10 billion instead of the standard 500 million (10000 instead of 500 in the race creation screen), and I get rather insane amounts of research points (For example - A scientist providing 15% research bonus and maximum laboratories of 5, generates 160. 000 Annual RP).  That. . .  is way too much.
Although the vast amounts of research points would be a good thing, in reality it is a serious problem because running as much research labs as possible basically renders your race bankrupt in about a month.
I also noticed that this occurrence is prevalent in. . .  post 1. 5. 3 releases, the 1. 5. 3 was basically the one where the amount of RPs generated was not insane, and not led to bankruptcy.

My question is - is this a bug? Issue related to date format? Race creation screen settings? Other?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 03:48:46 PM »
I do have an interesting occurrence on starting a new game as Conventional Empire - I make the starting population to be 10 billion instead of the standard 500 million (10000 instead of 500 in the race creation screen), and I get rather insane amounts of research points (For example - A scientist providing 15% research bonus and maximum laboratories of 5, generates 160. 000 Annual RP).  That. . .  is way too much.
Although the vast amounts of research points would be a good thing, in reality it is a serious problem because running as much research labs as possible basically renders your race bankrupt in about a month.
I also noticed that this occurrence is prevalent in. . .  post 1. 5. 3 releases, the 1. 5. 3 was basically the one where the amount of RPs generated was not insane, and not led to bankruptcy.

My question is - is this a bug? Issue related to date format? Race creation screen settings? Other?

What is your decimal separator?
What game version are you playing? (left panel on system view "misc" tab will tell you)

Bottom line is, your population starting value should not affect the efficiency of research labs, are you sure you didn't accidentally crank up the research rate?

Offline Blogaugis

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 03:57:02 PM »
Quote from: Droll link=topic=12457.  msg152557#msg152557 date=1623185326
What is your decimal separator?
What game version are you playing? (left panel on system view "misc" tab will tell you)

Bottom line is, your population starting value should not affect the efficiency of research labs, are you sure you didn't accidentally crank up the research rate?
Decimal separator.  .  .   Um.  .  . 

Version is 1.  13.  0. 

Yes, I didn't crank it up - I purposely left it all by default, just modifying the starting population value (which in turn, also modifies the amount of structures you start with). 

Edit: decimal separator is ,

I guess the problem is with the decimal separator then.  .  . 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 03:59:25 PM by Blogaugis »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2021, 04:05:05 PM »
I guess the problem is with the decimal separator then.  .  .

The decimal separator should be period when playing aurora so yeah.

You'll have to start a new game for things to return to normal.

The following users thanked this post: Blogaugis

Offline Blogaugis

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 08:01:35 AM »
Quote from: Droll link=topic=12457. msg152559#msg152559 date=1623186305
The decimal separator should be period when playing aurora so yeah.

You'll have to start a new game for things to return to normal.
Yup, I changed it in language and region settings - it worked.
Thanks.

Offline roug (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2021, 04:26:59 AM »
Have the game start with 0 NPR.

Then turn SM on, go to System View (F9), click on Mars and then click on generate new race. In the Race Window, select human as species and then tick the NPR box. Make sure that it is NOT a conventional empire as conventional NPR empires cannot do anything.

That way you can have a quick war inside the solar system.

As for helping with game speed, make it so that NPRs cannot "discover" spoilers or other NPRs - that way you won't risk a cascading series of NPR spawning an NPR spawning an NPR spawning a spoiler.

I am getting a message when trying to do this. "This planet as insufficient oxygen for it to serve as a homeworld (minimum required 0.05atm)"
What to do :O

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2021, 04:48:50 AM »
Add oxygen.
Create a colony from your Earth based race, go to the enviromtal tab and using SM add a breathable atmosphere.

Offline roug (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2021, 06:32:25 AM »
Thanks! it worked great!

Offline roug (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2021, 03:31:21 PM »
I got one probme now, when i make a new race in sol, all planets just have other names, when i choose united nations (first race) they got all names right Earth, Jupiter ect.
But when i made the other race, alle planets just have strange names like sol-a-III ect how to change this?

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2021, 03:49:42 PM »
There is a button on system view to "set Sol system names" or something along those lines. It will fix the names for the current race.