Author Topic: Know star system  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Norm49 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • N
Know star system
« on: June 28, 2021, 11:22:14 PM »
In the setting we can put a maximum number of star system, but this doesn't affect the game if the know star option is active. About how many system dose a know star game have? I don't want to do discover all the system and have less that 100% bonus with construct because I want to close the archer rift. I discover 2 construct of 40% not so that just slowing down the archer rift by 8%. I am 107 years in form a conventional start and having more construct to slow down the invader wold be nice. My fleet do a good job ( well except for my dead 100'000 tonne carrier that got destroy 2 days ago and today i lost 1 15'000 tonne frigate and a 5'000 tonne corvette) but it have a hard time keeping up, and I starting to loose some ship and some ground.

Am I better to play with the know star system off? I seen 0 NPR other that precursor and invader in my game with currently 104 system discover. I Start with 0 NPR and I have 30% chance of generating a NPR. Is that normal? I also have star star activated but I haven't see any in any of the 104 visited star system.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Know star system
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 11:31:05 PM »
There are more than 4400 systems, it would take you several centuries in game time to survey them all. Even if you did it would be possible to change to using random stars and crank up the max number of systems, however I think by this point the game would have set your computer on fire so this is mostly an academic question...

If you are worried however you can turn up the ruins generation chance, as dormant constructs will generate randomly with ruins. As a bonus this means more Precursors to slaughter and loot.

The 30% NPR generation chance is normal, but it does not mean 30% chance per system, rather any suitable planet (one which is close to zero CC) has a 30% chance to generate with a NPR. As these kinds of planets are quite rare, especially in known stars games, you will generate such NPRs rather infrequently.

The following users thanked this post: Norm49