Author Topic: Bug Reports (Version 138 and up)  (Read 44468 times)

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
Re: Bug Reports (Version 138 and up)
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2021, 12:33:13 PM »
V170: The Orbital Mines are now correctly shown only on asteroids and comets. But if you have two ships in one fleet it only shows the number of mines next to the planet of one ship. In the mineral tab however, everything seems ok - number of orbital mines and mineral mining.

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2021, 01:24:34 AM »
V170: The Orbital Mines are now correctly shown only on asteroids and comets. But if you have two ships in one fleet it only shows the number of mines next to the planet of one ship. In the mineral tab however, everything seems ok - number of orbital mines and mineral mining.

Fixed in v171

Nice progress  :D

This one isn't a bug - just something that "bugs" me  ;). The "Officer Update" includes several things - also if an officer retires. I pretty much don't care about any of the updates BUT the one when they "retire". Could you separate that one into a separate category so I could unhide that message and hide the rest?  :)

All retirement falls under Officer Health if I'm not mistaken.  Try filtering out the new event type "Officer Health (Minor)" to help with this problem.
Yeah, I already filter out the minor ones. There are still a lot that fall under "Officer Health" which are not interesting to me. So as in C# have the retirement under "Retirement" - I would love to have that  ;)

Ok found a batch of retirement events that were still logged as Officer Update.  I've moved retirement into an event type of its own for v172. 

The following users thanked this post: TMaekler

Offline trabber Shir

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2021, 10:22:35 AM »
Out of curiosity, are lay-off going to be counted as retirement? And are they preventable?

"_ has been deemed surplus to requirements and released from the service" as part of automatic commander assignment is what I am talking about.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2021, 12:19:25 PM »
V171: I've added two LPs to Kuiper75 system into the DB as you suggested to do (SysID, StarID, PlanetID + Distance). Rest was added by the game as you said. They do appear as LPs in the task force list but there are no dots in the system map drawn.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T38uRG6iwWrGgB98wdfSFMlGnIjt6Mfz/view?usp=sharing

Added to Kuiper 75 A IV Moon 13 & Kuper 75 C IV Moon 18
1090-1486-131862 & 1090-1488-131911

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2021, 02:49:01 PM »
Out of curiosity, are lay-off going to be counted as retirement? And are they preventable?

"_ has been deemed surplus to requirements and released from the service" as part of automatic commander assignment is what I am talking about.

The "deemed surplus" events will be going into their own event type in v172 since they're so spammy.
They can be prevented by unchecking the Auto Assignments box in the commanders window.  Or you can increase the tour length to make it happen less often.

V171: I've added two LPs to Kuiper75 system into the DB as you suggested to do (SysID, StarID, PlanetID + Distance). Rest was added by the game as you said. They do appear as LPs in the task force list but there are no dots in the system map drawn.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T38uRG6iwWrGgB98wdfSFMlGnIjt6Mfz/view?usp=sharing

I don't think they will work with moons, only with bodies orbiting a star.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2021, 03:20:39 PM »

[/quote]
I see. I'll test functionality ;-)

Another point: I have 3 Asteroid Miners on a planet and that planet is done mining. I wanted to load the minerals and move on, but somehow loading the minerals sets one or more of the already loaded minerals to zero. I tested it several times from the attached savegame. Just click forward until ALL minerals are mined on the body and then load them into the cargo of the mining fleet. Sometimes one or more of the minerals then are set to zero in the fleet - though only the load amount. There is a second BD field that calculates used cargo space - and that still has the correct number.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14BXilNaAIy_KvZWkHFYTJjERXvH_9Xbu/view?usp=sharing

The following users thanked this post: Kyle

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2021, 05:27:37 PM »

I see. I'll test functionality ;-)

Another point: I have 3 Asteroid Miners on a planet and that planet is done mining. I wanted to load the minerals and move on, but somehow loading the minerals sets one or more of the already loaded minerals to zero. I tested it several times from the attached savegame. Just click forward until ALL minerals are mined on the body and then load them into the cargo of the mining fleet. Sometimes one or more of the minerals then are set to zero in the fleet - though only the load amount. There is a second BD field that calculates used cargo space - and that still has the correct number.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14BXilNaAIy_KvZWkHFYTJjERXvH_9Xbu/view?usp=sharing
[/quote]

Ergh.  I think I've been losing a lot of minerals to this one  >:(

Fixed for v172, available within the hour.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2021, 12:03:53 AM »
Ergh.  I think I've been losing a lot of minerals to this one  >:(

Fixed for v172, available within the hour.
Just call it piracy  ;D

The following users thanked this post: Kyle

Offline trabber Shir

• t
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2021, 02:40:15 AM »
The in game description of the various laser frequency technologies describe the opposite of what those technologies do.

The tech names indicate that they increase frequency, which means they decrease wavelength. However the description claims they are increasing wavelength, and then goes on to describe the game mechanic. I am not complaining that the game mechanic fails to map to reality, I recognize that doing it the right way round would be confusing and/or hard to balance. But, saying UV has a higher wavelength than visible is sort of painful to me for some reason.

Offline trabber Shir

• t
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2021, 04:17:34 AM »
I just finished adding oxygen to the atmosphere of mars, and the message on completion says I just finished subtracting it. Minor visual bug I would say, but it did cause me a moment of panic.

Version 172

Offline trabber Shir

• t
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2021, 04:43:02 AM »
Related bug: I set the oxygen order on Mars and Io a long time ago, but a single terraforming module just arrived in orbit of each. In both cases, the oxygen job completed in the same 5 day tick as the terraforming fleet arriving. When I made the prior post, I had not realized Mars was in the batch just now getting their first terraformers.

Several other planets in this save have had terraforming orders for quite some time with no terraforming modules or installations present, so I am attaching a database backup from just after getting the Io message.

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2021, 08:44:14 AM »
The in game description of the various laser frequency technologies describe the opposite of what those technologies do.

The tech names indicate that they increase frequency, which means they decrease wavelength. However the description claims they are increasing wavelength, and then goes on to describe the game mechanic. I am not complaining that the game mechanic fails to map to reality, I recognize that doing it the right way round would be confusing and/or hard to balance. But, saying UV has a higher wavelength than visible is sort of painful to me for some reason.

Noted.  This comes from VB6, presumably written by Steve a really long time ago.  Has Steve or anyone provided a better description for this, technobabbly or otherwise?  If someone can link me to a post I can cobble together a new description from that.

I just finished adding oxygen to the atmosphere of mars, and the message on completion says I just finished subtracting it. Minor visual bug I would say, but it did cause me a moment of panic.

Version 172

Related bug: I set the oxygen order on Mars and Io a long time ago, but a single terraforming module just arrived in orbit of each. In both cases, the oxygen job completed in the same 5 day tick as the terraforming fleet arriving. When I made the prior post, I had not realized Mars was in the batch just now getting their first terraformers.

Several other planets in this save have had terraforming orders for quite some time with no terraforming modules or installations present, so I am attaching a database backup from just after getting the Io message.

For both of these I would need to look at a backup of the db from before the message.  But I'm willing to bet you didn't click the 'Save Atm', meaning the game thought your desired level was 0, which would indeed finish instantly if it was already 0. 

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2021, 12:28:40 PM »

Noted.  This comes from VB6, presumably written by Steve a really long time ago.  Has Steve or anyone provided a better description for this, technobabbly or otherwise?  If someone can link me to a post I can cobble together a new description from that.
You could change the word "wavelength" into "frequency": Laser frequency technology. The higher a laser frequency, the less the laser loses power with range. Therefore, higher frequency lasers will cause more damage at a longer range than lower-frequency lasers of the same focal size.

The following users thanked this post: trabber Shir

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2021, 01:34:24 PM »
V172: Don't know if this is a bug... take a look at the ship GEV Condor. The message in the log says that it can't find any new locations to perform its geo survey. There are still 5 targets left in that system and they are within 10bkm.

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2021, 01:41:20 PM »
V172: Don't know if this is a bug... take a look at the ship GEV Condor. The message in the log says that it can't find any new locations to perform its geo survey. There are still 5 targets left in that system and they are within 10bkm.

Bodies have to be within 10bkm of primary star or 5bkm of the fleet, with no other fleet of your race or an ally race a race sharing geo data with you on the way to survey it already
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 12:37:29 AM by Kyle »