Author Topic: Transporting Minerals  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Hyfrydle (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
Transporting Minerals
« on: June 22, 2010, 05:28:41 PM »
Just started to play around with setting up freighters to transfer minerals and they don't seem to work. Here's what I have set-up:

Orders to load Duranium when 5000 tons available then to unload all minerals on Earth refuel and repeat. Available cargo space is 25,000 tons.

For some reason even though the stockpile is over 5000 tons it is just sat waiting.

Can anyone explain this?

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Transporting Minerals
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 01:34:33 AM »
Quote from: "Hyfrydle"
Just started to play around with setting up freighters to transfer minerals and they don't seem to work. Here's what I have set-up:

Orders to load Duranium when 5000 tons available then to unload all minerals on Earth refuel and repeat. Available cargo space is 25,000 tons.

For some reason even though the stockpile is over 5000 tons it is just sat waiting.

Can anyone explain this?

Did you wait for a 5-day update?  It might only check then....

John

Offline Hyfrydle (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 02:11:04 AM »
Yes I gave it 30 days and still nothing. Tried load all minerals and it worked and there was definately enough to trigger the order.

Offline MattyD

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 02:39:30 AM »
Is the freighter empty?

I've had problems getting a partially loaded freighter to recieve a 'Load All Minerals' order, even when it had enough capacity to load everything.
My Newbie AAR

Offline Hyfrydle (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 03:38:12 AM »
Yes the freighter is empty must be something I'm missing. Really want to sort this then I can automate my mineral operation.

Offline MattyD

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 04:27:04 AM »
I'm insanely jealous that you have a facility with > 5000 Duranium available.

I wish I had your problems :) my newbie AAR total production of Duranium is less than 2000 per year.

Hmm, started a new game.

With a stockpile of 21500 I tried a conditional order to load 10t into an a fleet of 2 freighters (50,000 free) with no result after a series of 30 day increments.

Then, to check to see if only production over the amount entered into the action field I set a 'Load Duranium at 21850' and incremented in 30 day jumps until my stockpile passed over the threshold.

Nothing loaded.

So, if greater minds than ours can comment, I too would be grateful.

Matt.
My Newbie AAR

Offline Hyfrydle (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 04:29:41 AM »
Quote from: "Matty_D"
I'm insanely jealous that you have a facility with > 5000 Duranium available.

I wish I had your problems :) my newbie AAR total production of Duranium is less than 2000 per year.

Hmm, started a new game.

With a stockpile of 21500 I tried a conditional order to load 10t into an a fleet of 2 freighters (50,000 free) with no result after a series of 30 day increments.

Then, to check to see if only production over the amount entered into the action field I set a 'Load Duranium at 21850' and incremented in 30 day jumps until my stockpile passed over the threshold.

Nothing loaded.

So, if greater minds than ours can comment, I too would be grateful.

Matt.

Glad it's not just me I tried loading 1000 and got the same problem. hopefully someone can help.