Author Topic: Questions about the Naval Organization Tab and NPRs.  (Read 5128 times)

Offline GenJeFT (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Questions about the Naval Organization Tab and NPRs.
« on: April 02, 2013, 11:35:35 AM »
I have problems with the Naval Organization tab and I cant find a tutorial with screenshots that explain it.

I have been able to create new Task Groups for various ships and everything but I have not figured out how to be able to add those task groups to the Naval Organization tab.

Also.

Does the game generate NPRs on a random basis as you explore the galaxy or does it only create them at start. In order to learn the game better I started a conventional game so I could figure things out slowly and had only put in 1 NPR with a set number of 150 stars. Will the game generate additional NPRs or is that it?

I am thinking about starting a new game anyway now that I have a better idea of how things work.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Questions about the Naval Organization Tab and NPRs.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 12:05:01 PM »
Nope, there isn't a detailed tutorial that I'm aware of. 

NPR generation is dependent on the game settings you've used for the current game.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline davidb86

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 05:09:18 PM »
I have problems with the Naval Organization tab and I cant find a tutorial with screenshots that explain it.

I have been able to create new Task Groups for various ships and everything but I have not figured out how to be able to add those task groups to the Naval Organization tab.
On the naval organization tab you create branches under the task forces (usually Fleet HQ is the default task force).  use the add branch button to add a survey branch, then use the add branch button to add a geo survey branch under survey, and a grav survey branch under survey.  Now add a branch under geo survey for your first geo survey task group.  With that branch selected, pick your geo survey task group and click the add task group button to add the ships in the task group to the branch, you can also use the add ship button to add a selected ship to a branch.  Once you have your branches set up like you like, you can create task groups from the branches directly.

Offline GenJeFT (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 09:50:06 AM »
On the naval organization tab you create branches under the task forces (usually Fleet HQ is the default task force).  use the add branch button to add a survey branch, then use the add branch button to add a geo survey branch under survey, and a grav survey branch under survey.  Now add a branch under geo survey for your first geo survey task group.  With that branch selected, pick your geo survey task group and click the add task group button to add the ships in the task group to the branch, you can also use the add ship button to add a selected ship to a branch.  Once you have your branches set up like you like, you can create task groups from the branches directly.

Someone should make a quick video of how that works. Just reading it seems like its a complicated thing but in reality it is probably really simple.

Offline MagusXIX

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 04:17:36 PM »
This is easily one of the best features of Aurora, in my opinion.  The interface is a mess, though, and very difficult to explain.  Just tinker with it until you get it right.

PROTIP:  Try to form your task groups exclusively from the naval organization screen.  I usually have all freshly built ships put into a placeholder task group by default (usually the planet's PDC task group.)  Then I go to the naval organization screen in the task groups window, where I can build a new task group in the proper place, move all of the appropriate ships into it, and finally create the task group using the "create task group from branch only" button.

Offline Stardust

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 08:47:21 AM »
Thanks for the PROTIP MagusXIX; very helpful.

I think I recall seeing sometime ago that if you transfer any ships from one task force to another, their task force training reverts to 0.  Does anyone know if this is the case?

Offline Cocyte

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • C
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 11:11:48 AM »
Thanks for the PROTIP MagusXIX; very helpful.

I think I recall seeing sometime ago that if you transfer any ships from one task force to another, their task force training reverts to 0.  Does anyone know if this is the case?

I know that i'm a bit late to the party but...

No, task force training for a given ship does not change at all when transferring it to another TF.